• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Wonder Trade Thread: Dat Wascly Wabbit!

I traded a vulpix and got a vulpix. I was amused. I haven't had that happen so far. :D

People have been sending me Charmanders and Froakies very often. I guess these are now the new Bunnelby and Fletchling.

But my luck persisted, and I managed to obtain a few more decent Pokemon on Wonder Trade:
- A Level 1 Croagunk with Jolly nature and Dry Skin
- A Level 1 Shroomish with Jolly nature and Quick Feet
- A Level 1 Venipede with Adamant nature and Speed Boost
- A Level 1 Torchic with Hasty nature and Speed Boost
- A Level 1 Surskit with Timid nature and bred with Hydro Pump
- A Level 1 Trevenant with Impish nature and Harvest
- A Level 1 Gourgeist with Impish nature
- A Level 1 Ferroseed with Adamant nature
- A Level 30 Forretress with Lonely nature (only noteworthy because I can now breed Pineco)

I'm unleashing loads of 3-5 IV Larvitars now. Since I got instacheck working and I started breeding some 4-5 IV pokemon, I wound up with 3 potential candidates for my Tyranitar.

I'm running through Friend Safaris and catching all females in the hopes of getting some Hidden Abilities. The excess I throw into Wonder Trade. Usually I get Bunnelbys, Gibles, and other junk which I instantly release as I don't like to muddy the WT pool.
However, I just received a Japanese Imposter Ditto with perfect HP and Defense stats. My day has been made. :)

Japan is full of master breeders, most of my Japanese things from wonder trade have four or five max ivs.

If I see one more Furfrou or Fetchling... T_T

I did get a Japanese Ditto, a female Charmander with equal stats (at least they started off being equal since I have no idea if they'll stay that way or not), a Japanese Gastly which is now a Gengar, and a few others worth keeping or just to fill my pokedex so it's not too terrible.

I've probably sent around 450 Pokémon to Wonder Trade now, and I've recorded the details of the last 300 trades (and will continue to do so in the future). Sure, first route fodder is quite common, but I find the excess trading of Eevee even more aggravating :p Especially as they all seem to be either English or Japanese, both of which I already have.

I've got a batch of Lapras I'm goingto ship out on WT this week. Have to repopulate that species....

Trainer #22977, in case there are two of you out there. I sent you a Kangaskhan
Small world. I see the Kangaskhan has Scrappy, too, that is awesome as Normal and Fighting have perfect type coverage when Foresight/Scrappy is in play.

I've been trying to hatch a shiny Pumpkaboo and wonder trading the extra ones away. (If you get a Pumpkaboo on wonder trade and the OT is named Zoey, it was probably me.)

I just got one of mine back as a Gourgeist.

Edit: And now I just got a Pumpkaboo from someone in Japan. :eek:

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom