• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Wonder Trade Thread: Dat Wascly Wabbit!

I'm offering unobtainable pokemon, and all I get back is rubbish. Why on earth have all the decent trades vanished on the WT?

I'm offering unobtainable pokemon, and all I get back is rubbish. Why on earth have all the decent trades vanished on the WT?
They haven't really vanished per se, but they are rather uncommon. 3 out of 92 Wonder Trades I made (and recorded) yesterday sent me an offspring of a Bank-only Pokémon; 2/92 were Friend Safari or Bank only. By comparison, 7/92 were again Eevee, which is probably the most common Pokémon I've received over all the trades (I don't have the actual spreadsheet here at the moment but once I get back home I'll combine these results into that again).

What I sent myself was 30 Cyndaquil, 15 Slakoth, 15 Oshawott, 4 Misdreavus, 4 Totodile, 4 Feebas, 4 Stantler, 4 Snivy, 4 Darumaka, 4 Mudkip, and 4 Yamask.

Last edited:
When doing some Wonder Trades, I sometimes get rubbish, then there's:

~A Scatterbug... that evolves into a Polar Pattern Vivillon
~a 4-IV Mienfoo (missing HP, and is physically oriented)
~a 5-IV Piloswine (special oriented)
~an HP/Spd Ditto

Well, YMMV, but I'd classify that as a subpar catch myself as the most common patterns, the ones you can usually actually get from GTS without throwing in legendaries or having the fastest fingers on Earth, are Elegant, Polar, Modern, and Continental, probably in that order.

I've mostly gotten the regular stuff... the monkeys... Bunnelby... but I did get a Totodile and Metang the other day. :D

Well, YMMV, but I'd classify that as a subpar catch myself as the most common patterns, the ones you can usually actually get from GTS without throwing in legendaries or having the fastest fingers on Earth, are Elegant, Polar, Modern, and Continental, probably in that order.

Well, I never had that pattern, so it's nice to have for me. Already have an Elegant and an unlimited amount of moderns, so it's a nice addition for me.

Well, I never had that pattern, so it's nice to have for me. Already have an Elegant and an unlimited amount of moderns, so it's a nice addition for me.

Figured as much :p Admittably, Wonder Trade is nice in that there isn't probably any Pokémon that no one would want, even an English Fletchling can be useful to someone collecting the language entries on a different language game.

In case someone was interested in the updated data on that spreadsheet I mentioned, here's the updated table as an image or here the whole thing as an Excel file. 662 trades and counting.

Last edited:
During my playthrough, I pretty much kept trading until I got something that I didn't already have. When I start breeding though, I reckon I'll just keep what I'm given. I still laugh remembering when I wondertraded a Honedge and got a Honedge back, though...

Hey guys! So I got a Nincada via Wonder-trade today that was apparently caught on 5/1/2014, should I be worried? Any idea why the datestamp is inplying my Nincada is a Time-Traveller?

*puts in an Espurr breeding reject, gets another Espurr in exchange*

Hmmm...

Hey guys! So I got a Nincada via Wonder-trade today that was apparently caught on 5/1/2014, should I be worried? Any idea why the datestamp is inplying my Nincada is a Time-Traveller?
No one forces you to keep your 3DS in time, you can set its date to whatever you wish and the game simply uses the dates it gets from the 3DS firmware for the catch/hatch/whatever date fields. Nothing special here really.

I've been getting a lot of starters/Pokebank mons lately :D I notice especially for me (EST) if I play really early in the morning or late at night, there's a lot more Japanese players on and they're the ones that have so graciously been giving away most of the starters etc that I've received, though I have gotten some from a lot of other countries too! The other day I traded a Tepig for a Tepig, even...

I've been sending out the 2-5 starters, Tynamo, Feebas and Meowth myself.

The only good things I got were a Cyndaquil, a Treecko, and a max IV Eevee.

The best one i got was an Oshawott which i bred and traded like crazy on GTS (including like 3 Yveltal and 2 Xerneas xD) I also got a Bulbasaur with it's HA, and some other starters.

The best one I've gotten is a level 89 Pangoro, from Japan. I know that Pangoro is nothin' special by itself, but it was the level that surprised me. Normally, one doesn't level-grind their wonder trade fodder..... Someone is clearly rather generous.

Modest 5IV level 1 Feebas with Hypnosis, Dragon Pulse, Mirror Coat and Confuse Ray spamming, GO!

I get mainly retrades (you know when joey send you a fletchling with OT billy). Sent out a good 100+ Tyrunts with egg moves and IVs and was fairly disappointed with what I got in return. Best being a Overgrown Turtwig female.

they really need to patch it so that any traded pokemon gets a traded medal and cannot just be redumped on wonder trade. Sometimes I feel like a bin man in that I seemingly bin all the junk that others are just passing around.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom