• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Worst starter?

Which starter is the worst?

• Total voters
Me too!! excepti used her(him) in gold for the first time... Its not THAT weak a pokemon and it was funny in the anime too. So much chikorita hate...haters gonna hate...:argue:

the starter i would say is the worst would have to be... oshawott/mijumaru... It looks messed up in its base form, just gets bigger and bluer and then evolves into this mutant sea lion/cloyster fusion.

I actually like Oshawott. It's my starter for Pokemon Black. :) But I do agree that it's 1st stage is kinda generic (although adorable lol). I HATE how its final stage looks, but Im in love with its 2nd stage. It looks like a cool aquatic samurai. I've even been thinking about letting it hold an Everstone....

stop hating on piplup!
........wow, I never realized how many people hate pikachu

Turtwig is ugly as sin, and I hate most Grass-types, so he got my vote.

The Tepig family is also ugly and unappealing--Pokemon already did the Journey to the West thing with Chimchar's family--and Oshawott's evolving into a sea lion is ridiculous.

I would have to say that its either one of the Unova starters. They suck as Starters because they learn very few good moves and have huge drawbacks. Besides, better replacements can easily be found.

Chimchar. It's a red monkey with its butt on fire.

I really dislike the Gen3 starters, mainly for looks, but also probably because I never wanted to play RSE.

The worst of them? Mudkip. Reason? Same as why I hate all the Gen3 starters, but x2.

All starters are awesome! Only voted Squirtle because I'm a Red man, not Blue.

The Piplup line had me bored enough to restart some gyms in, never tried Chikorita but I assume it'd be the same.
By looks though the Hoenn starters are mons I'd never pick up. I'm not evolving the Torchic I got in SS, if R/S got a remake it'd be PC'd quickly. The hippie karate chicken, the smug leaf lizard and the awkward water clown sure aren't on my favorite list eh..

Why all the hate for Chikorita? It's one of my favourites, and I think it has a lovely design.

Empoleon is my least favourite. It just looks so incredibly ungainly to me. Its steel wings look so heavy and unflexible, the steel collar it has makes it look as if it could barely turn its head if it wanted. The jutting out blue fin on its chest would prevent it from sliding as well as a Prinplup.

In my opinion even if I think some are cute, all grass type starters are bad, never been able to complete a game with them.

I HATE CHIKORITA!
Annoys the hell outta me.
Looks like someone took a cabbage and mutated it to grow arms.

Torchick and Combusken are ok but Blaziken looks so out of place it looks like some lanky 70s pop dancer.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom