• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Would you love Pokemon forever and ever?

Reaction score
If this thread is already out there, I'm really sorry. If this offends anyone, I'm really sorry - I never intended to make anyone upset.

But I really want to know about the pokemon fans' opinion.

The title says it all: Would you love Pokemon forever and ever?

Literally. Even if you age, would you still like pokemon?

Well, of course, the game creators would probably love pokemon even though they're all pretty much older than us.

But how about you?

Let's say the game creators are so into pokemon, that they are going to make new series every two or three years. The anime is going to continue, regardless of Ash appearing or not. If pokemon continues forever, are you going to be a fan of it forever?

I don't know about myself. I think I'll still be able to play the games and be a fan of the new series until I'm like in mid-thirties or so. I might have to think about it when I'm in my forties, perhaps. I know pokemon isn't just for kids - there's a certain depth to it, storyline and all. However... there's this point where I can't put my finger on.

Maybe not forever, but for quite a while. However, I will always appreciate the franchise and like it to an extent.

Last edited:
I will always appreciate Pokemon, but the question on whether I will love it forever is another thing, because it implies that I will be devoted to the franchise. If that's the case, then I won't bet on it, because eventually I may have my priorities. However, one thing for certain: if I am away from Pokemon and come back, my love for it will be re-energised.

Thanks for reading.

Yes. I've been into Pokémon for 12 years, more than half of my life up to this point.
I don't think I'll ever outgrow or leave it.

Well, I don't really know. Maybe someday I won't love Pokémon as much as I do now, but I don't think I'll ever dislike/hate it unless it changes SO much that it's not Pokémon -for me- anymore :c

If they invent holodeck,then I'll die out of happiness at the age of 120 while playing Pokemon. Otherwise no.

Nintendo has been a HUGE part of my childhood, and growing up. D8 When things were at their worst, I'd always have another world to escape to for a small while. A world where nothing bad happens, where you are free from any real danger, where someone friendly is always with you, and where the sun will always shine.

It's a deep and cheesy way of putting it, but that's how I feel. 8D; Nintendo, and by extension Pokemon of course, will always be a part of my life. I'll always be around to enjoy the next game, no matter how old I get.

I think I would, yes. If Nintendo keeps releasing games then Imma keep buying them, no matter if I'm 19 years old... or 40 :x

There's bigger priorities in life, so I'm not certain I'll be on it every time a new game drop. But I'm definitely gonna be that awkward old man playing pokémon in the retirement home. :-D

I wonder if it's gonna be different in about 50 years or so. Hopefully more acceptable to play games when you're old.

Yes. Pokemon has been apart of my childhood. And the series grows as I grow. Of course I'm going to love it forever and ever. :]

Last edited:
I think I'm always going to love it, but only in a sense. Pokemon is the one series that I can truly say that I love because it has been such a large part of my life, and gotten me through so many hard times. But I also realize that there is going to be a point to where I simply wont have time for it anymore. Right now, I'm only in in 12th grade and I barely have time for it, and sadly, as an adult I wont be able to devote myself to this world in the same way that I have been. I'm always going to love Pokemon, but I also realize that I may have to let it go someday. I will always keep my old games, but I can't continue with the franchise forever.

So, I will always love Pokemon, and it will always be a part of me, but I'm not going to be able to keep the same relationship with it for the rest of my life.

I don't know if I'll love the newer generations, actually think this will be my last "New" generation that I will actually buy the games because I don't really want to buy a game for the sixth generation. I definitely will always enjoy playing LeafyGreen even as I get older and I truly enjoy the franchise.

I may not love the future of the gaming franchise but I will always like the past.

I really can't tell. I used to play another game before Pokémon and I thought at the time that I'd like it forever and ever. It's been 8 months since I touched it. Even now, I almost don't play with my White or my other games, but I'm pretty sure I'll buy the new games when they'll come out.

the best parts of my childhood are because of Pokemon. I will always love Pokemon and it will take a lot to make me think otherwise.

I don't know. I'll still love it, but not forever. Can you imagine a married 40 year old guy playing Pokemon?

I don't know. I'll still love it, but not forever. Can you imagine a married 40 year old guy playing Pokemon?
Yes, I can. My 60+ year old dad collects Hot Wheels and plays with model trains. If it makes you happy and it is not hurting anyone else, don't stress over it :)

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom