• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Would you love Pokemon forever and ever?

I grew up with Pokémon, so I believe I'll love it forever (considering the impact it's had on my childhood). My parents always said, "Oh, you'll grow out of it." How wrong they were. After 12+ years, I still love Pokémon. By this point, my parents have given into the fact that I'm a gamer and a big fan of Pokémon, so they don't complain too much. xD

I've been playing the games since they came out, so yeah, I think that I will love Pokemon forever.

I think I'll always like the series. Hopefully when I grow up and get married my kids will like it so I'll have a good excuse for keeping up with it if anyone asks. XD

Together forever, no matter how long, from now until the end of time. We'll be together, and you can be sure that forever and a day, that's how long we'll stay. Together and forever more.

I'm not sure about forever, but pokemon keeps my interest and it has ever since I was 10 years old (lol get it?). As long as they keep coming up with unique pokemon and interesting villains (if they can top N xP) then I'll stay interested in the franchise =)

Yes, everytime I take a break from Pokemon it just drags me back into it!

Probably not. I don't want to be a 60-year-old, stilling playing video games. There will come a time when I need to move on, and find different forms of entertainment. However, until then, I will enjoy this amazing franchise.

Of course : D! Think how awesome it is, when in year 2030 [Pokémon still running of course :D] I can say to little kids that "Well, when I was a teen, there were these games called Pokémon Black and White.." and then they are like "Really?! Is Pokémon that old?!" and I would be like "Oh yes, I've seen it all from the very beginning, but then I was as small as you.." Just think of it, I would be those kids personal hero, how awesome is that? X,D

And I love it, how even nowadays a little kid, teen and adult can close the generation gap by just saying "Oh, isn't Pikachu just cute?" No other series originally targeted for kids can do that, can it? [Maybe Disney or Moomins, but still~]

as soon as someone say "do u like pok--" id say "hell yeah" i dont care if am 87(which i am currently not, im 12;))and old i will love pokemon forever XD pokemon will never get to childesh to me :loopy:

Last edited:
Yes; forever yes.

Also I'm going for a degree in Real-Time Interactive Simulation. With a bit of luck, I could get a job with Nintendo. Unfortunately Nintendo does not make the games, but at least I would be around people that would also be big fans of the Pokémon franchise.

Probably. I've been playing the Pokémon games for almost 13 years now, so I think I'll never grow out of it. I know it's childish for an 18-year old student to play Pokémon games, and I do feel ashamed sometimes, but the Pokémon franchise has some magical qualities. I'll probably buy the games forever, because I'm always curious to see new Pokémon, new regions and new gameplay features.

I like Pokemon right now. Some could say it defies me. I enjoy its quirks, its themes, and the actual Pokemon themselves. It's an important part of my childhood, and one of the last parts of my childhood that I'd enjoy taking with me to adulthood.

It's not the anime or the manga or TCG that does it for me. No, the games are what makes me smile. The games let you experience freedom, roaming a large region with your friends. It lets you be friends with who you want, whatever they may be. It lets you imagine, and it does something so important: it inspires you.

Even when I'm an old man, if Pokemon's still around and I see a kid playing the games... I'll smile.

I don't think I will. The repetitive nature of both the Video Games and the Anime I think will eventually convince me to drop out of the fandom eventually. I think there's only so many times that the same formula can be used before I get bored, and while I wouldn't say this for the games, the Anime targets roughly 7-13 year olds and doesn't seem as conencted to the past as it used to be. In a way, I think there are less reasons for older fans to stick around.

Even though I might get mad at the franchise for releasing too many useless spin-offs and the declining quality of the TV show, I'm a fan of Pokemon for life.

I don't think I will. The repetitive nature of both the Video Games and the Anime I think will eventually convince me to drop out of the fandom eventually. I think there's only so many times that the same formula can be used before I get bored, and while I wouldn't say this for the games, the Anime targets roughly 7-13 year olds and doesn't seem as conencted to the past as it used to be. In a way, I think there are less reasons for older fans to stick around.

It might be repititive but it works oh so damn good look at B/W it's a huge seller and I bet it might actually beat out R/B. The games are addicting as hell you have a new set of 100 or so Pokemon thats the point the story is an added bonus.

Probibly yeah I been into Pokemon since Yellow (since I was 8 basicly) I'm19 now so Ive been into pokemon for 11 years... Theydon't need to change the main games much (they got the side games for that XD)

I probably will love Pokemon till the end, at least the anime and fanfiction. Those are the only aspects I really follow now.

Who knows. I will try my best; I have stuck with several fandoms for many years without completely losing interest.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom