• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Would you love Pokemon forever and ever?

No, I actually never touch my Pokemon Black now days due to my general dislike of the new pokemon designs and gameplay.

All I play is 4th Gen and under and eventually I'll probably get bored with that too.

It's been over 10 years and counting for me. So, no, I think I won't be stopping anytime soon. I would love Pokémon forever, whatever it takes!

I think that I'll always be aware of advancement in Pokemon for the rest of my life. I may not be absorbed in it like I am now. But as with everything, absense makes the heart grow fonder. If I walk away from pokemon for a while (if I do) When I come back, I'll love it all over again.

I'm the kind of person that if I like something I either play it or listen it to death. Eventually I get tired of it, and move onto something else, but eventually I'll come back to it and be interested again. I'm sure that's what'll happen with me, if I drift away from Pokemon.

But for now, my obsession grows.....

Of course I can't be sure, but I think it's most likely that I'll always like Pokémon as much as I do nowadays. Since my fondness towards the franchise haven't really gone down yet, why would such a thing happen anytime soon in the future? Obviously I don't know, if I like the future's Pokémon games or Pokémons themselves. But I'm quite much sure I'll always find today's Pokémon as enjoyable as it's today.

As far as I know. It would be so amazing if they kept making it forever! I fear for my ability to keep memorizing the Pokemon and their evolutions/types though, considering I'm already lagging behind...

But yes! As long as the quality of Pokemon doesn't descend, I'll definitely always like it!

"The only thing certain is uncertainty". That said, I know myself well enough to know that I'll always have a certain fondness for the franchise. There were a number of instances in the past where I was told by other people that I would 'grow out' of things, that I would 'change', that I wouldn't always feel the same way. I think I've defied most of those presumptions. It's true that I didn't really think much about Pokémon for a long while, I mean, I was heavily into it for a couple of years, but then it tapered off. Recently though I just had this rekindling of the old flames, and it was like someone else said, falling in love with it all over again. Perhaps not in the same way I did as a child (I'm 23 now), but still noteworthy. I can't say for sure, but I know I'll never make a conscious decision to turn my back on anything that was a positive part of my life, whether in childhood or otherwise. Even if my interest is not sustained, I will still have many fond memories. When all's said and done, though, the idealist in me is saying "yes, I will".

unfortunately, nothing lasts forever. But I will always enjoy watching the anime and playing the games, just like I have been doing since 1998.

I will probably be playing Pokemon my whole life. Provided it doesn't take over my "real" life. I'm going to teach my children about it to~

Hopefully! I can't imagine having a life where I'd never played a Pokemon game or watched the anime. I would just be sitting around doing nothing all day! But I've been a Pokemon fan for over 2 years now, so I don't think I'm going to stop soon.

I've been a fan of pokemon since it's first airing in america on WB for kids in the morning! I met my husband over it:love::awww: and I'm still buying the games even though i have children of my own, i don't see my love of pokemon fading any time soon.:thumbup::banana:

I enjoy the games. I won't pretend to be able to tell the future, but so long as the games interest me, I'll be playing. Mind you, as I get older I may demand an interface in the game system to allow me to play the games on a large TV screen since my eyes would no longer be able to see the graphics on those tiny consoles.

yes! its one of the three things I love! It was the first thing I really got into when I was a little kid, I'm almost 20, so I've been with it since the beginning. Its why I never want it to end!

Yes...probably. I've been with the series since I could remember, and if they release a generation that I can't find a single Pokemon to warm up to, then I can just play the old games and reminisce. :)

well I liked it since I was 9 I'm 21 now
so who knows I might or I might not though I'm hoping I do >:
since drawing pokemon is good practice for me when it comes to art
and I enjoy the anime and games

I was like 4 when pokemon came out. I can't imagine life without pokemon. I would never stop.

Well, the average lifespan today is 67.2 years, but that's for people born 67.2 years ago, so. Assuming I never go to MacDonald's or smoke, I can probably expect to live 80-90 years, and that's if there aren't any major advances in medical science over that time. That's a little over 70 years I need to remember Pokemon for; an appreciation for it is a given if I can remember it, and that appreciation very easily borders on love.

However, my answer depends on whether you mean Pokemon as a concept, franchise, or videogame. For the first one, definitely yes. For the second - variable, as I never liked the manga. And the third: yes, if it's possible to love the games without playing them, as I never really stick to playing as long as I should. I'm more a fan of RPGs in general than Pokemon alone, so over 50 hours gameplay in Skies of Arcadia, over 80 hours in Tales of Symphonia, over 100 in Infinite Space, countless in Monster Hunter, all keep me busy... I often choose games for their replay value, and the sheer guilt of starting a new file on Pokemon prevents me from doing that.

Sorry for getting 'emotional' there. Yeah, those are my emotions.

Last edited:
I'll probabely like it for years to come, but I don't see myself bragging to other people in the retirement home that I finally managed to complete the national dex.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom