• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

Don't worry. There was a year and two months between Storm Island chapters. 8 months isn't nearly as bad.

I finally finished a new Galactic chapter last night, and only realised afterwards I have not updated the story since December.... I was horrified and depressed by the news. Will have to try harder to get another one out before the end of the year.

Eight months really isn't that bad considering the fact that you have four active stories. Don't beat yourself up about it too much (it makes the rest of us look bad).

@Eliza Prescott: Okay, that makes me feel a tad better :p But didn't you guys rewrite a lot of it at some point?
@AetherX: I do feel bad because I have been writing this story since 2010 and they aren't even at Pastoria yet :p And the story needs massive rewriting as well as progressing a lot further :/

I've been working on the same universe for 5 years now. I just can't get the damn thing right.

I'm a planner, not a writer.

We did rewrite the first eight chapters, yes, however the year and two month gap was in the old version. If you were to count the time between the original's final chapter and the rewrite's first new chapter, you'd probably be looking at far less time than that. :p

3 day weekend coming up. Might just be about time to update my own story. ^^ I have two new stories I am working on along side PT so if I could maybe get at least one chapter done I'd be a happy Life.

& If it makes you feel any better, Ace, I wasted a goldmine of time (2 months of vacation) doing nothing while I could have been writing. I am a bit ashamed. .-.

I'm reminded of why I still like book stores. Apart from the fact that on new books, Amazon doesn't really save me any money, in a bookstore I can ask someone what they recommend in a genre I'm unfamiliar with. The only thing a book lover likes more than reading is telling other people about the books they like reading

I'm not Flaze, but I recommend Berserk.

Today I picked up on a neat writing technique. While reading a segment following four characters, I jumped back to the prologue, then jumped back a couple of books and realized something. These characters had died and become a part of another character. A Machinist with No Name; their development was essentially being used to show how events two books back affected the psyche of the Machinist with No Name.

Just a reminder that it has been two weeks and Beth Pavell's lovely The Long Walk is in the Review Game still: I know that about everyone on here has read the story, so why not post a review and help it move along? I would do it myself, but I am waiting to rewrite the earlier Galactic chapters before I request again.

So, anyone in the States doing anything with a (potentially) long weekend? I don't have classes today and live too far away to go home for a weekend, so I've mostly just been chilling with people on my floor and playing Civilization V.

Back
Top Bottom