• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

The problem with putting a turn timer on is that the game is objectively bad with multiplayer. I can't count how many times my turn has ended before I was able to move my first unit, because the host wouldn't recognize that I'm feverishly trying to click my units around to wake it up. Not to mention the myriad of games I've been in where we've lost 30+ minutes because of a random crash or the host's internet going down briefly.

I really hope that Beyond Earth overhauls the multiplayer netcode, because it's current iteration is an embarrassment.

Hello, there, Bulbagarden. It's been awhile.

I'm honestly not sure what to expect, returning here after so long. It's a little longer than two years now since I was last a regular poster, I believe. If many of the people I knew here are even still around, I don't know if they'd remember me. I don't expect they'd remember my writing. Like I said, it's been awhile. I suppose I should explain myself a little. Life is complicated and full of events not easily delineated in a forum post written at gone-midnight, UK time, but I'll make an effort nonetheless.

Recently, I made the largest victories in my life so far against my mental illness, experiencing a long and sustained streak of days without depressive or anxious thought dominating my mind. I've cut ties with damaging people in my life. I've submitted 35,000 words of late university work after a disastrous year or stress and worry. I've overcome daunting personal challenges, from rethinking my life and persona, to moving into a shared flat with fellow students, to starting my first offline - and my first non-abusive - relationship. Yesterday, on the 31st, I turned twenty years old.

I've changed a lot, as have my personal circumstances. Almost entirely for the better. I have good, close friends in real life, a stable emotional psyche, a great partner, and I'm no longer locked in a struggle with my own writing. Most of the aforementioned 35,000 words were fiction I was genuinely proud of writing. Now, two years ago, I left this forum because I had a crisis of confidence in my work, especially Different Eyes, and in my life in general. I fell out with people, struggled with an abusive partner, and was deeply unhappy in school and apprehensive about my coming university life. I've wanted to return, but never felt truly able, either in spirit or capacity.

Now, however, I feel I can, and so I shall. I returned home today from a family break, to find an automated message from this forum wishing me well on my birthday - and I remembered all the times I've contemplated coming back here and writing Different Eyes again. Some of you may remember @TheLlama, the young man from Norway who joined this website, and then left it, around the same times as I did. We stayed in contact, you see. He's visiting me in person right now, and we decided in conversation today to do as I've long been considering, and try again here.

So, hello! A second time to some, I hope. Hello, Bulbagarden.

It feels good to be back.

I'm honestly not sure what to expect, returning here after so long. It's a little longer than two years now since I was last a regular poster, I believe. If many of the people I knew here are even still around, I don't know if they'd remember me. I don't expect they'd remember my writing. Like I said, it's been awhile. I suppose I should explain myself a little. Life is complicated and full of events not easily delineated in a forum post written at gone-midnight, UK time, but I'll make an effort nonetheless.

Recently, I made the largest victories in my life so far against my mental illness, experiencing a long and sustained streak of days without depressive or anxious thought dominating my mind. I've cut ties with damaging people in my life. I've submitted 35,000 words of late university work after a disastrous year or stress and worry. I've overcome daunting personal challenges, from rethinking my life and persona, to moving into a shared flat with fellow students, to starting my first offline - and my first non-abusive - relationship. Yesterday, on the 31st, I turned twenty years old.

I've changed a lot, as have my personal circumstances. Almost entirely for the better. I have good, close friends in real life, a stable emotional psyche, a great partner, and I'm no longer locked in a struggle with my own writing. Most of the aforementioned 35,000 words were fiction I was genuinely proud of writing. Now, two years ago, I left this forum because I had a crisis of confidence in my work, especially Different Eyes, and in my life in general. I fell out with people, struggled with an abusive partner, and was deeply unhappy in school and apprehensive about my coming university life. I've wanted to return, but never felt truly able, either in spirit or capacity.

Now, however, I feel I can, and so I shall. I returned home today from a family break, to find an automated message from this forum wishing me well on my birthday - and I remembered all the times I've contemplated coming back here and writing Different Eyes again. Some of you may remember @TheLlama, the young man from Norway who joined this website, and then left it, around the same times as I did. We stayed in contact, you see. He's visiting me in person right now, and we decided in conversation today to do as I've long been considering, and try again here.

Welcome back! I personally do not know you, as I just joined fairly recently compared to most of the others around here. However, seeing more writers, be they new or returning, is something that will help this community grow. It always makes me smile when I see people decide to rejoin
friends, old and new alike.

uA! Nice to see you again :) Hopefully you will truly stay with us this time. Yours in one of the few stories from my time judging the awards that I actually still remember. So yeah, I saw that you are working on rewriting your story, I am looking forward to it. Please add me to the mention list when you finally post it :)

Welcome back! I certainly remember you. I'm glad your personal issues worked out in the end. Are you going to continue Different Eyes or rewrite it entirely?

Thanks, all. I'm working on a completely new first chapter right now - the characters, setting, narrative and more or less everything else are being heavily reworked. I am no longer satisfied with the direction or quality of the old fic. The new first chapter won't even contain any of the content from last time, and the protagonist is not only more fully fleshed out, but a different species. I'm hoping it goes down well!

Congrats Flaze!

Anyone heard Hoenn Summer yet? I'm giving it a first listen now - rather liking his version of Route 111

YES! It's not quite as good as Double Team, but it's got me super excited for ORAS.

Congrats Flaze!

Anyone heard Hoenn Summer yet? I'm giving it a first listen now - rather liking his version of Route 111

YES! It's not quite as good as Double Team, but it's got me super excited for ORAS.

The man's got me more excited for the Johto Symphony, for reasons that I think everyone can guess now. I still think his best remix is the Pokémon Gym from the Kanto Symphony. That's the sort of thing I can imagine playing at Pokémon League opening ceremonies

Johto Legends will be great for sure. I didn't play Gen 2, just the remakes, so I'm not huge on it, but I guess that's where he entered the franchise so I'm sure it will be awesome. My personal favorite is the Ending theme from Kanto Symphony.

Congratulations, Flaze. It has been years! Incidentally, I'm still prepped to reviw everyone I owe feedback from two years ago. (Cripes.)

Hi
I too listen to Pokemon Reorchestrated, infact just downloaded the Route 113 theme and love it. To me it's good music to listen to while writing

Hey, welcome back uA!

Anyways, the associated story with my Poké Wars technical manual is mostly finished.

I just wonder how many other side projects will keep putting it back. Curious to see what his rendition of Route 31/32/33 will be like - I can't hear the original version without wanting to play Silver again

I don't know if you're following his Facebook, but he said he was putting Johto Legends off until after he graduated so that he could concentrate on it. I think Hoenn Summer is the last side project he's doing before focusing on Johto.

Back
Top Bottom