• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview XY015 - Harimaron vs Mafoxy! A Diet Battle!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The scan gives me the impression that the battle will be unresolved because the older man.

zdJ188Z.jpg

VVwlkm5.jpg

oamz01l.jpg

qyzRZDp.jpg

How many times has Pokemon done the "old man Trainer breaks his back" joke?

I recall this happening quite a few times, like in the Johto episode with Hitmontop.

I recall this happening quite a few times, like in the Johto episode with Hitmontop.

...That's the only time it happened I recall.

It did happen in Pasta La Vista too, though.

Probably the episode that I'm looking the most forward to simply because of Delphox, even though it otherwise seems to be kinda dull.

Haha, Chespin is Chimchar.

Seriously though, nice to see an ability.

Hope Chespin wins. This is revenge for being bad, Delphox!!!

Probably the episode that I'm looking the most forward to simply because of Delphox, even though it otherwise seems to be kinda dull.

Well, only 2 times, I don't think that's a lot out of 800+ episodes. :lol:

Aaaaaaaaaaaargh the old woman has a really nice design too! 8D Oh what joy!!

It's nice to see Overgrow again after so long. It was last used near the end of AG.

Well, only 2 times, I don't think that's a lot out of 800+ episodes. :lol:

3 times now. :p Not to mention that it in all three times happened to an old man that was battling, so yeah.

Preview
- Chespin runs off with a Macaron.
- Chespin faces a Delphox.
- Chespin activates Overgrow?

[video=youtube;u9yj0eeX8hQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9yj0eeX8hQ[/video]

A new trainer class: prospector!

(when he losses a battle he says "Dagnabit!")

Last edited:
Delphox looks awesome. I do think it's weird that we're seeing a final starter evolution this early on in the saga, but whatever, I'm excited for it.

Last edited:
It's gonna be cool to see Overgrow again considering it hasn't been used since Ash's Sceptile. I wonder if he'll get a grass type finishing move like Seed Bomb or Energy Ball.

It's nice to see that Chespin will be activating Overgrow in this episode, even though I had preferred that it have Bulletproof as an Ability. Based on the Manga scans, it's possible that the old man's back going out ends up being the reason that the battle ends up being stopped.

It'll be nice to see Mystic Fire's anime debut in this episode. I hope Chespin does end up with a second Grass Type move that it uses in this episode, since Vine Whip is the only one that Overgrow will have an effect on.

It's nice to see that Chespin will be activating Overgrow in this episode, even though I had preferred that it have Bulletproof as an Ability. Based on the Manga scans, it's possible that the old man's back going out ends up being the reason that the battle ends up being stopped.

It'll be nice to see Mystic Fire's anime debut in this episode. I hope Chespin does end up with a second Grass Type move that it uses in this episode, since Vine Whip is the only one that Overgrow will have an effect on.

Actually idk about this, when Infernape activated Super Saiyan, all of his moves seemed to power up. This could just be a specific thing but I would think all aspects of him would get strengthened.

[video=youtube;x861Yyqsm-4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x861Yyqsm-4&feature=youtu.be[/video]

I'm personally very excited for this episode!

- Potential Clemont and Chespin bonding
- A Chespin-centric episode? Yay!!
- Clemont being the focus out of the group. It's been a while since we had an episode focusing on the main characters other than Ash (I think since the 9th episode?)
- Chespin activating "Overgrow"
- Obviously, Delphox appearing.
-Simply Chespin.

I'm expecting a silly and fun episode this week. Can't wait~

I think this will be a great vantage point to see Clemont and chespin have bonded, and how they differ in personality and personal preference in thier lifestyles. I honestly think that Clemont wants to e more manly, like his dad, but does not fully realize it and will transfer this onto chespin whether chespin wants him to or not. Also i think this will be a classic trainer/pokemon relationship episode witha twist, clemont not viewing himself as important to chespin instead of the whole trainer not understanding his pokemon. I can't help but think that chespin is going to be a powerhouse and fully evloved grass type and this is the start of that. The fact that Delphox is battling chespin is awesome as even Chesnaugtht struggles against Delphox. I do not think that chespin will win, but he will kick serious buttt. I want to see a power battle in the sense that Clemont and Chespin work so well together that Delphox get beat up pretty bad. Finally I want to see two more things the importance between the prospecter and who I am assume is his wife or even maybe his sister, and chespin showing the potential to take on Ashs fully eveolved froakie when that happens. So alot to look forward too in this episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom