• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia YOU Mafia - Endgame (Intense Mess, Entities and Wickedness Enabled) - MAFIA AND INFO SEARCHER WIN

When would you like the game to start?

• As soon as possible

Votes: 8 36.4%
  • Early September

Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Mid September

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Late September

Votes: 10 45.5%

• Total voters
The question becomes: could mafia have been culted, and if so, would they have returned back into mafia after the leader was turned town and died?
Somehow, I doubt that...Unless there was a rule against this very thing, wouldn't it be possible for the culted Mafia to inform the Cult of who their scumbuddies are?

Somehow, I doubt that...Unless there was a rule against this very thing, wouldn't it be possible for the culted Mafia to inform the Cult of who their scumbuddies are?
When I was Cult Leader in TWR Season'17, I wasn't allowed to recruit Mafia members in the Cult. In fact, if I would have tried to recruit a Mafia member, I would have died or I would lose the deathproof if I hadn't lost that yet.
However, that was clearly mentioned in my Role PM.

In this case, we haven't seen anything as such in The Light's Role PM. However, The Light was allowed to recruit only on even nights, so maybe Elementar changed the modifier.

Still, the point you raise of the recruited Mafia member knowing his buddies is a valid one. I don't know how that could be dealt with. This makes it more likely that Megapod was Town before conversion. However, it was not clear whether Megapod was converted back to Town when The Light chose to be converted to Town. That's why I asked Megapod whether he is a Vanilla Townie now.

Vote: Wormtail

They've been strangely silent as of late. Plus, I'm out of suspects with better reasons to vote them.

There are 9 players (including jd) in the game currently. There was no last phase announcements from the host, so I think there are about 1 or 2 mafia left in the game which makes the original setup 15:4:3 or 14:5:3, since jd had the ability to convert (with prior permission) an indep into a Townie, I would expect the setup to be 14:5:3, which I think would be a safe assumption. So 2 more Mafia left at the maximum.

Jd is obviously super confirmed Town.

People who have claimed and are more likely to be Town
Pirate Sylveon (Max1996): Claimed Cop
Ereshkigal: Claimed Hider
Nightwing: Claimed Neighbour.

People who have claimed but alignment not sure
LG/CO: Claimed Nexus, which is correct as detected by Lie Detector. Alignment not confirmed.
Megapod: Did you say you turned vanilla Townie after The Light was converted to Town?

People who have not yet claimed unless I missed it
TheCapsFan
FinalArcadia
Pika_pika42

Out of the above 5 people, whose alignment we are not sure, I would give TheCapsFan a Town read due to their overall behaviour and playstyle.

FA looks likely to be Town too based on Space's win-con and Feenie's flip, atleast I can see that from my perspective with the game balance in mind. The Doctor becoming more powerful with a scum lynch would only tilt the game more in Town's favour.

At this point in the game, I think it would be more beneficial for me to just claim my role.

I am the Cricketer. I know the role is not based on Pikachu at all, in fact, it's based on cricket, which is a topic which Elementar and I share a common passion for. We discuss a lot of cricket related stuff on Discord.
Anyway, my role is kind of a custom JOAT.
It allows me to choose any of 3 roles which I can perform every night.
1) If I choose to block my shot, It has a specific percentage of making me bulletproof for the night phase.
2) If I choose to play a shot, it has a specific percentage of blocking whoever targets me that night.
3) If I choose to swing my bat, it has a specific percentage of stripping a person (who targets me that night) of their role for 2 nights. It also has a specific percentage of me dying in case I choose to swing the bat.

Since, I was paranoid that a Townie may target me in any night phase, I have not used the 2nd and 3rd option till now as I find that very risky. I have been playing safe and continuously choosing the first option. I am not sure about this but I think the Mafia tried targeting me on N2 which led to no death as I was successful in blocking the ball that night.

I know this role might sound suspicious but I am speaking the truth here.

I just wanted to put out all my thoughts here, so even if you all decide to lynch me today, you have got stuff to work with. If you all think we can afford a mislynch, you can go ahead and lynch me.
If anyone has any questions, please ask. I would be happy to answer any questions related to my role or any other matter which would require our attention.

My top 2 suspects right now are LG/CO and Megapod in that order.
Make that 8 players, as Cheff is now out of the game after winning:
Jd is obviously super confirmed Town.

People who have claimed and are more likely to be Town
Pirate Sylveon (Max1996): Claimed Cop
Ereshkigal: Claimed Hider
Nightwing: Claimed Neighbour.

People who have claimed but alignment not sure
LG/CO: Claimed Nexus, which is correct as detected by Lie Detector. Alignment not confirmed.
Megapod: Did you say you turned vanilla Townie after The Light was converted to Town?

People who have not yet claimed unless I missed it
TheCapsFan
FinalArcadia: Cricketer
Pika_pika42
So at this point it looks like FA is the only one left to claim.

I was willing to give Megapod/Wormtail the benefit of the doubt after day 1, since he was part of the ROMCH wagon, as were you.

Also with the death of Feenie we know know for sure that all members of the Max wagon at the end of D1 were town, which is kind of wild.

What's really weird now is that if Wormtail really is town, that would mean that nobody who was voting at the end of day 1 was scum. Which is even more wild.

What's really weird now is that if Wormtail really is town, that would mean that nobody who was voting at the end of day 1 was scum. Which is even more wild.

Let's work with this theory. Let's assume that everyone who was in the final vote total on Day 1 wasn't scum and work our way back from there. In addition, we can eliminate the people confirmed Town via flips.

Going down the list, this is who we end up as potential suspects:

FinalArcadia
Nightwing101
Myself

Everyone agrees I'm town, so we remove my name from the list and end up with the following:

FinalArcadia
Nightwing101

Personally, I agree Nightwig is the Townier of the two. So, as such, let's assume it's FA for right now.

Unvote: Wormtail
Vote: FinalArcadia

Make that 8 players, as Cheff is now out of the game after winning:
I didn't count Cheff. I counted you. There are 9 players.

Pika
Jd
Max
Eresh
Caps
FA
Nightwing
MegaPod
LG/CO

Let's work with this theory. Let's assume that everyone who was in the final vote total on Day 1 wasn't scum and work our way back from there. In addition, we can eliminate the people confirmed Town via flips.

Going down the list, this is who we end up as potential suspects:

FinalArcadia
Nightwing101
Myself
Do you mean the people who hadn't cast their vote in D1? If yes, even CO was among the "Not Voting" as on end of D1.

What do you think about this:
FA looks likely to be Town too based on Space's win-con and Feenie's flip, atleast I can see that from my perspective with the game balance in mind. The Doctor becoming more powerful with a scum lynch would only tilt the game more in Town's favour.

Personally, I agree Nightwig is the Townier of the two. So, as such, let's assume it's FA for right now.

Unvote: Wormtail
Vote: FinalArcadia
Can I at least have a case to defend myself against? As it is, there's really nothing for me to say other than that it isn't me or claiming. And frankly, I know it's late and that it will sound bad to say this, but there is an aspect of my role I'd like to keep under wraps if possible since it may still be useful.

I will however say that my role is called the Mecha Pilot and that with its vig shot I tried to kill MegaPod on N2, but clearly it failed. I had assumed he was bulletproof after that since Max was apparently the one roleblocked and I figured that must have meant something else caused MegaPod to live, and I let it slide (even moreso after the whole cult thing came to light). If this vote is going to be between me or MegaPod, then I'm going MegaPod here, at least for now. Pika_pika and LG's claims seem solid enough that in some ways, he seems the best choice to me anyway, and perhaps the reason he didn't die on N2 is something he's been trying to keep quiet about purposely, since the fact that I don't think he ever actually clarified that he's vanilla town now after The Light died is concerning, unless I missed that.

VOTE: Wormtail

Additionally, do you really think I could be mafia given the original Space's win-con? I don't like to have to rely on that to defend myself, but for both Feenie and I to survive the whole game, we'd have to have been the same alignment. It's why I gave up on pushing for a Feenie lynch eventually because I really couldn't think of any way she could've been scum with that win-con in mind.

Additionally, do you really think I could be mafia given the original Space's win-con? I don't like to have to rely on that to defend myself, but for both Feenie and I to survive the whole game, we'd have to have been the same alignment. It's why I gave up on pushing for a Feenie lynch eventually because I really couldn't think of any way she could've been scum with that win-con in mind.

That is true...
Unvote: FinalArcadia

Can I at least have a case to defend myself against? As it is, there's really nothing for me to say other than that it isn't me or claiming. And frankly, I know it's late and that it will sound bad to say this, but there is an aspect of my role I'd like to keep under wraps if possible since it may still be useful.

I will however say that my role is called the Mecha Pilot and that with its vig shot I tried to kill MegaPod on N2, but clearly it failed. I had assumed he was bulletproof after that since Max was apparently the one roleblocked and I figured that must have meant something else caused MegaPod to live, and I let it slide (even moreso after the whole cult thing came to light). If this vote is going to be between me or MegaPod, then I'm going MegaPod here, at least for now. Pika_pika and LG's claims seem solid enough that in some ways, he seems the best choice to me anyway, and perhaps the reason he didn't die on N2 is something he's been trying to keep quiet about purposely, since the fact that I don't think he ever actually clarified that he's vanilla town now after The Light died is concerning, unless I missed that.

VOTE: Wormtail

Arg I forgot about Space the Unlyncher. So why do you think Wormtail was bussing on Day 1? He could have voted for anyone.

I didn't count Cheff. I counted you. There are 9 players.

Pika
Jd
Max
Eresh
Caps
FA
Nightwing
MegaPod
LG/CO

Do you mean the people who hadn't cast their vote in D1? If yes, even CO was among the "Not Voting" as on end of D1.

What do you think about this:
Oh yeah, my bad. Although now that I think about it, you shouldn't count me because even though I can vote, I am technically dead, so I can't help town's majority. Also I did forget about CO, but I don't see the scum motivation for claiming a role that can confuse Town results.

Arg I forgot about Space the Unlyncher. So why do you think Wormtail was bussing on Day 1? He could have voted for anyone.
Oh, that... is a good question. Thinking back to D1, I remember the bit about MP voting Max early and hard most of all so I kinda forgot about that.

Just looked back through D1 now, and I honestly don't have a good answer for you. MegaPod was really adamant on Max being scum for the vast majority of that phase and only unvoted after the cop claim got spelled out more explicitly, and at that point MCH was really the only other viable wagon late in the phase (the only other person with a high vote count anyway). It's possible scum!MP could've taken that to mean that MCH was most likely going to be the lynch regardless once everyone jumped ship to avoid lynching the cop claim, and took advantage of it to look good by joining the MCH lynch. I have a hard time believing that not a single mafia member had their hands in the votes at the end of D1.

That said, it's not a solid answer, but a possible one. MegaPod to me fits mainly out of process-of-elimination since I don't think that CO/LG and Pika are looking like they're lying about their claims, and LG has been pretty solid since subbing in (and I don't really recall anything scummy from CO) and Pika_pika has also looked pretty good from about the midpoint of the game onward. MP is really more of a mystery in general since he kinda comes and goes since about the halfway point of the game and frankly if the options for a lynch today are mainly between him or myself, then I'm going to stay voting MP. And the rest of the players are varying degrees of confirmed at this point, baring something really wacky.

CO/LG I did forget about, but to be honest... I don't get a scum vibe from them since subbing in. They strike me as more town than before they died the first time.

Otherwise... FA does make a good point, but this has been a game with some heavily custom roles. Even my own role, as vanilla as it is, is a custom variant from the normal.

Back
Top Bottom