• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia YOU Mafia - Endgame (Intense Mess, Entities and Wickedness Enabled) - MAFIA AND INFO SEARCHER WIN

When would you like the game to start?

• As soon as possible

Votes: 8 36.4%
  • Early September

Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Mid September

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Late September

Votes: 10 45.5%

• Total voters
Bomb is usually a town role. But it's the first time I've seen an active Bomb since they are usually passive to be a surprise trap for the mafia.

I'm beginning to think that joke went over people's heads.

Still in the process of rereading, but I’ll drop some thoughts.

Speaking of which, contrary to what Caps said, it didn't seem like a bad move given the dire circumstances and impending lynch, for Max to just come out and roleclaim. I'd say it had become necessary.

Here is where CO apparently misconstrued Caps’ “bad move” remark, which was actually about Max’s softclaim, not Max fully claiming. And CO also misconstrued my Cult remark earlier. Is he doing it on purpose? I don’t know.

anyway other than Max, I have a strong town feeling on Crystal Onix & Pika_Pika42.

No real reason given for these reads as far as I see. Possible scum team with Space and at least one of these players?

Caps did address these issues himself:

(CO quote)

I said "buddy, you should not have done that" because a) I don't like it when power roles softclaim/claim on D1 because it puts the town at a disadvantage and b) Max, given the general vagueness of the post containing the softclaim, kind of dug himself in a hole with that one.

(FA quote)

well those are some shit reads.

(Pika saying he wouldn’t bus RoMCH as Mafia)

That's WIFOM. You definitely could have done it to make yourself look better after tunneling the Cop the whole day.
I especially like how blunt his reaction to Space is, lol. Looking back, Caps does seem pretty Townie to me after all as he tries to analyze the game.

Multiple? It seems much more likely to me that there's 1 scum and the others were all misguided town because really max was making himself look scummy. And you say that there's a strong chance of multiple scum but make no effort to pinpoint who that could be? You say that someone should be checked but that’s it.

Insisting that there’s very little possibility of more than one scum on the initial Max wagon seems like a very limiting assumption. We know now that at least one Mafioso was on the Max wagon: RoMCH. Was this comment meant to throw us off if Space, and possibly someone else on the Max wagon, were scum as well?

Vote: Space

If Space is scum, CO or Pika could be a potential accomplice. I’ll try to keep looking for more suspicious things.

Space had been a neutral read for me. Their posts didn't lead me in any particular direction but I observed their posts carefully and found that they were mostly pressing Ereshkigal and jdthebud, both of whom have claimed their roles and jd's role has been proven. Considering both Eresh and jd were under suspicion for their vague posts and sheeping respectively, this looks like an attempt by scum to cast a mislynch. Also the fact that they gave CO and me a Town read without explaining the reason or adding anything to it, which looks like potential buddying makes me suspicious about them.

If Space is scum, CO or Pika could be a potential accomplice.
This is WIFOM at best. Just because scum player X says Y and Z are Town, it doesn't mean they are scum buddies. This also does not confirm Y and Z to be Town though.
This statement really doesn't have any meaning and can't help to determine the alignment of Y and Z who are totally unrelated to that statement.

Hope this makes sense.

Hey sorry for the late entrance.
Been busy with school priorities and family stuff. Hoping to be around more now as i should be mostly free for the rest of the game.
i only just quickly skimmed through everything so far i am only suspicious of Swarla as they said
I'll try to go through and pick out quotes mores pecifically later but my brain hurts from trying to read everything.
and they never did end up getting around to sharing who they thought was Mafia, so i dont know if they just never got around to it after only checking in or if they chose the non-kills as a distraction to not be questioned. @swarla please respond.
im getting mostly town vibes from the majority of everyone else.

You were present last day phase but never ended up voting. Was your only vote so far the one on jd back in D2 I think? You mention that jd's outing as psychiatrist was a little too coincidental given the situation with The Light in this post, but you never ended up voting either of them even though your post seems to imply it seemed suspicious if I'm reading it correctly, or anyone else at all on D3.

Yeah I was thinking about who to vote and never got back to it. I voted max1996 on Day 1.

No real reason given for these reads as far as I see. Possible scum team with Space and at least one of these players?

Honestly I thought it was self-explanatory so I just didn't explain it but I believed so because Crystal Onix and Pika_Pika42 were active in stopping the max1996 lynch. If they were scum it wouldn't make sense to do that, they could have easily let the lynch happen and have the cop gone.

Insisting that there’s very little possibility of more than one scum on the initial Max wagon seems like a very limiting assumption. We know now that at least one Mafioso was on the Max wagon: RoMCH. Was this comment meant to throw us off if Space, and possibly someone else on the Max wagon, were scum as well?

I just think it's logical personal. Just because I say there's likely only one mafia on it doesn't mean I'm trying to take the heat off me or anything, it was just an observation. I thought a lot of the players agreed max was being suspicious in that phase and I agreed which is why it was likely to me that it was going to be a mostly misguided town lynch.

they were mostly pressing Ereshkigal and jdthebud, both of whom have claimed their roles and jd's role has been proven

Okay so I'm supposed to just blindly trust roles then. I don't care if a role is claimed, if I'm suspicious of it I'm suspicious. I didn't even vote jdthebud last phase because I was thinking about it. I still don't trust ereshkigal.

Anyway, I'll be back on later.

Yeah I was thinking about who to vote and never got back to it. I voted max1996 on Day 1.Okay so I'm supposed to just blindly trust roles then. I don't care if a role is claimed, if I'm suspicious of it I'm suspicious. I didn't even vote jdthebud last phase because I was thinking about it. I still don't trust ereshkigal.

Anyway, I'll be back on later.

I don't expect people to trust me, after what I pulled Night 1. If anything, I'd be shocked if everyone did after that; I openly admitted I was trying to get a lynch attempt against me. Admittedly, I was using it to build my scum suspects list, but that doesn't change how I went about it.

I also didn't have a final vote in the first two days because I was uncertain who to target. And not voting for a lynch really doesn't help Mafia, since it reduces the kill opportunities and potentially leaves townies alive for longer.

@MegaPod I sent you something last night, did you get it? I'm surprised you haven't said anything...

As Renato said there is quite a bit of inactivity so it can be hard to make judgements when that is the case. We are still in a decent position as town but there were probably 5 or 6 mafia to start the game (out of 22 players) so we need to lynch another scum pretty soon.

With this many players we can try the competing wagon strategy.

If Space is scum, CO or Pika could be a potential accomplice. I’ll try to keep looking for more suspicious things.
Well, Space's comment there was as a reply to mine, and I was only talking about the people left on the Max wagon at the end of the day. ROMCH wasn't on that list. The only players left on the Max wagon at the end were me, Space, The Light, and Feenie. Unfortunately Feenie has disappeared so it's hard to say if she was just inactive at the end of the phase like me or was actually trying to get Max lynched.

But you do make a good point about those who voted Max earlier in the phase and then unvoted due to the claim. It's very possible there is more scum in that group besides ROMCH. And unfortunately for them, once they unvoted Max, it would have been impossible for them to save ROMCH even if they wanted to.

@MegaPod I sent you something last night, did you get it? I'm surprised you haven't said anything...
Oh, yeah, I did get that, actually. If you’re wondering, folks, jd’s alignment has been confirmed as Amplified to me. Honestly, I didn’t think to bring it up since I figured The Light’s flip pretty much confirmed you to everyone anyways.

Yeah I was thinking about who to vote and never got back to it. I voted max1996 on Day 1.
I didn't even vote jdthebud last phase because I was thinking about it.
The fact that your vote D1 stayed on Max - who honestly as I've said before I think could have been someone scum was angling for an easy mislynch knowing he doesn't always react well under pressure - along with the fact your vote was the earliest one that still remained even to the end once MCH was under major heat while jd is pretty much cleared as town now and you'd been after him for a while does make me wonder if you've subtly been trying to get lynches on town while staying somewhat low (or not committing as in D3, when there was a decent bit to discuss and you only really posted once with a noncommittal "it's coincidental but possible" type answer about the psychiatrist business). Holy run on sentence, Batman, I know, but hopefully the gist of what I'm saying made sense lol.

For now, I do think this is the best option, and one that might be good for info given some of the thoughts from others about potential scumbuddies or things like that.

VOTE: Space

I especially like how blunt his reaction to Space is, lol. Looking back, Caps does seem pretty Townie to me after all as he tries to analyze the game.

just noticed this but TheCapsFan is only townie because he tries to analyze the game? Who hasn't been trying to analyze to some capacity?

The fact that your vote D1 stayed on Max - who honestly as I've said before I think could have been someone scum was angling for an easy mislynch knowing he doesn't always react well under pressure - along with the fact your vote was the earliest one that still remained even to the end once MCH was under major heat while jd is pretty much cleared as town now and you'd been after him for a while does make me wonder if you've subtly been trying to get lynches on town while staying somewhat low

Wouldn't mafia usually try to get off the wagon to distance themselves. I usually don't see it this way around. Also I don't believe in meta and I try to avoid it as much as possible so if you act scummy in this game that's all I'm going off of. How was I to know jdthebud was town or psychiatrist before that point? Naturally I'm done thinking he's mafia now. I don't know how voting was staying low and also you voted jdthebud too before, so I'm not sure why you're saying this regarding jdthebud when you must have found him suspicious enough to vote too

Anyways

Vote: Nightwing101

They've just been appearing and disappearing now and then. Clearly they must be paying attention to some capacity but they just haven't chosen to do anything. Also they questioned inactives when they aren't exactly active either.

Wouldn't mafia usually try to get off the wagon to distance themselves. I usually don't see it this way around. Also I don't believe in meta and I try to avoid it as much as possible so if you act scummy in this game that's all I'm going off of. How was I to know jdthebud was town or psychiatrist before that point? Naturally I'm done thinking he's mafia now. I don't know how voting was staying low and also you voted jdthebud too before, so I'm not sure why you're saying this regarding jdthebud when you must have found him suspicious enough to vote too
That does happen, though in this case the other viable wagon was on someone who flipped mafia, so there would be motivation for fellow scum to not want to add another vote or just stay put. Okay, I do see your point about the fact that jd was only claiming psychiatrist in D3, though what I was implying was that so far all your votes have been on people as close to flat-out confirmed town as we've got. I get that it may sound a bit hypocritical since I did also vote jd on D2 lol, but I unvoted him before the phase ended.

I'll be honest, I'm not totally confident that you're mafia (more like the best case going on currently and one I can see scum motivation behind), but voting NightWing to me just doesn't sit well with me either since there have been other players worse about the whole "popping in and out" thing than NightWing (Feenie, swarla, Renato Sinclair, probably others that I'm forgetting), and like I said to TheCapsFan, the posts we have seen from NW have seemed solid to me, with the only thing that concerns me somewhat is the lack of voting from that slot, but remembering NightWing's play in Voltron Mafia, it's kind of in-line with their town behavior there before that final phase. Given that NightWing had two votes at the end of D3, this sort of seems like an "easy" vote, if that makes sense.

I’m sorry i haven’t really been super active over the past two days guys. School hit me like a brick, but it should clear up.

Low prio kill on the point of scum was a smart move, one that I did not expect.

Do you still find NightWing suspicious? I tried skimming through things again up to a point and honestly NightWing's posts in about the D1-N2 range looked solid to me. The lack of a vote isn't so good, but the actual content seems to have a genuine feel to wanting to understand things happening that town should have.

I find any player who doesn’t vote for three days in a row while active suspicious. Though at this point, I’m not so sure.

With regard to the Space bandwagon, I’m fine with voting them. I voted them on D1 and they really haven’t changed much since then IMO. We also need info since Max’s actions havent been going through. I don’t like the fact that Pika and Pod voted together again, but it’s whatever. I don’t have the time to make that case right now. Call it sheepy, call me a hypocrite, for the moment I don’t care. [VOTE]: Space

Some of you have been asking about the list of reads. I’ll just say this. I think Max1996, FinalArcadia, Renato_Sinclair, Ereshkigal, jdthebud, and Seth Rollins are all town for the moment. PikaPika could be town, maybe. I don’t like Lone_Garurumon or Crystal Onix (claim aside), and Pod is null to scum, but a lot better if Space flips scum. Feenie is an unknown, and the rest I can’t remember.

Night 4 - Thicker Than Water
Night 4 - Thicker Than Water

Official Votals
Space (5) - MegaPod, Pika_pika42, Pirate Sylveon, FinalArcadia, TheCapsFan
Nightwing101 (1) - Space

“Great changes to the Amplifying technology, Pikochu. Your work is a great aid to the cause of destruction.”

“Your logic is flawed. My work also has the power to heal,” spat back the tied up Pikochu.

“But not in the hands you’re giving it to. Well, not giving but perhaps, providing. Torture from ground attacks is very persuasive.”

“Evil never overcomes the good. You shall fail.”

“Why, Piko… we’ve already won. The sooner you realise that, the quicker you’ll be to see how.”

“I still can’t believe it’s you.”

The member laughed. “And there’s a few of us too. We carry on our master’s wish, but we all have our personal motivations.”

“They’ll get you.”

“Oh, I hope they do. I will be very pleased with that.” The Intensified member turned and walked away, kissing the tube in his hand and walking away. The antimatter sample was larger, and several tubes lined the walls of the circular room. A door appeared in the wall where the figure stood, where they opened it gently. The door was made of old bluestone, as though it had existed well before the beginning of the community.

Outside, the figure met Elementar. The walls surrounding them were made of ancient concrete, and were bland bar the occasional refreshment of the opaque glass from a window. “So, is it ready?”

“Yes,” replied the figure. “We can initiate the test run as soon as possible.”

“Good. Unfortunately, without my academic persona, I lack the ability to edit the formula myself. But this sample shall do.” The two smiled and went to prepare the attack, walking past a worn set of painted words along the wall. They read: THE DEN | SECTOR I.

The sisters has just finished playing real life mafia with swarla, Nightwing101 and Renato_Sinclair. Given the approaching night, the group had decided to retire to their respective timezones. FinalArcadia, Feenie and Space all walked back together, strolling past RM Fountain whilst pushing and giggling as dusk fell.

“It’s a really nice night,” stated FinalArcadia, with a hint of sadness in her eyes.

“It is,” seconded Feenie, who smiled and pushed the former into the bubbling water. Space laughed and followed suit, jumping in and resurfacing with a wide grin strewn across her face.

“Hmmm, that’s cute. Too bad happiness is fleeting.” The sisters’ faces straightened at the sight of a hooded figure standing unnervingly on the other side of the fountain. One hand rest in their pocket; the other held a thin, glass ball that leapt and fell gracefully each time the cautious fingers threw it up.

“Who are you?” Space yelled from the water.

“I’m the tester. I’m here to trial the incoming doom.”

“With that?” responded FA, motioning towards the delicate ball.

“Oh, this? Yes, you may not see it, but there’s a sliver of chaos in here. It’s beautiful how destruction always comes from something small and unexpected.” The figure threw the ball into the water, and began to run away. The ball was thrown violently around in the swaying water, avoiding the grasp of each sister. In their haste, the figure lifted a switch out of their trench coat and flicked it down, causing a crack in the glass of the ball. The ball immediately erupted, but the flames were sucked into a ball of black. Space had leapt out of the water, and was fighting to maintain a black hole just above the explosion. She was slowly inching towards the hole’s centre, unable to escape her own power.

“Space!” screamed Feenie and FA in unison.

“I’m- sorry. I just wanted to protect you both.” FA and Feenie looked on in horror as their sister was dragged to the black hole and sucked in. As soon as her body disappeared into the void, the hole vanished and the world returned to a melancholic dusk.

Space was lynched. They were...

Dear Space.

You are one of the famous sisters of The War Room. You, along with your sisters FinalArcadia and Feenie, are regulars in the section, and are all very skilled at mafia.

You want to protect your sisters at any cost. Because of your family bond, you are aligned with yourself, and are a Double Unlyncher. Your goal is to make sure neither FinalArcadia or Feenie are lynched. If one of them is killed by another means, nothing will happen. However, if both of them are killed by another means, you will become a lyncher, and you will be required to kill whoever killed them.

You are aligned with yourself, and win when FinalArcadia and Feenie are not lynched in the game’s duration.

Space was lynched. They were aligned with themselves and are a Double Unlyncher.

It is now Night 4. The phase will end in 24 hours on Thursday the 4th of October at 9pm AEST or 4am PDT.

Last edited:
That’s...interesting. How likely is it that one of Feenie or FA would be in the Mafia, then? Because if one of them were a Mafioso, then that would mean Space and Town could only both win if that Mafioso were to be successfully offed by a Vigilante or something. And that would be kinda unfair to Space if that were the case...right?

Back
Top Bottom