• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your controversial opinions

I would really like a region based on somewhere in South America. There are so many ancient cultures that existed there before the modern times, potentially making some ruined structures based on them to give off this "ancient feeling". We could get an evolution to Chatot based on a macaw, or there could be a minotaur-like Pokemon patrolling ancient ruins while guarding a treasure or an item connected to the legendary Pokemon of the region. There's just so much to add to the feeling of adventure.

I wanna see eastern europe that isn't russia.

The czech republic has an extant pokemon fanbase. Also prague and all the gothic architecture.

I just say "China" because it's the most populated country in the world. It pleases my OCD to name a country instead of a region. It also pleases my OCD to pick the most populated country.

Oh, I guess India's more populated than China as of 2023. So I guess I'm hoping for a region based on India now.

I repost my idea I had on another thread:

"What about the Alps? Several countries would be represented, but obviously not most of them as a whole either, as it would be only the Alpine parts of said countries".

Last edited:
you're aware that the sahara, the serengeti and the congolian rainforest are very far apart right? this is like asking for the mediterranean, the scandinavian tundra and chernobyl to be in the same game.
Yes, but since we’re using video game logic, it doesn’t need to fully align with the real world.

mod note 2/5/24
Mod Note (2/5/24):
Bzzzt! Let's keep things on-topic to the thread's purpose, please! Thaaaaanks~

Not sure if this is controversial, but I'm a bit mixed on Festival Plaza! I think the PSS from ORAS and XY was a really really great feature especially with the 3DS's touchscreen support, and although admittedly it is cute in terms of having fun prizes and games etc to play, the functionality of the PSS was unmatched I think. If they did Festival Plaza like Join Avenue in BW as a wholly seperate location on the map, I think that maybe would have been nice...?

I actually don't hate Pikachu, or I'm not as tired of it showing up as much as others. Pikachu is usually doing something when it shows up. I'm more tired of base Eevee always showing up and not really doing much.

I actually liked when they gave Pikachu (and then later Eevee) their anime cries in the games and think it's kind of lame they reverted back to their original in-game cries without letting people choose if they want to use the game cries or the anime cries for them.

This whole tangent was started by someone saying that China & India should be split up because of how big they are and you're asking for like. half of Africa.
Not really. You could just take small parts of each area and throw them together for one region. But maybe that’s too ambitious. Anyway, moving on.

I actually liked when they gave Pikachu (and then later Eevee) their anime cries in the games and think it's kind of lame they reverted back to their original in-game cries without letting people choose if they want to use the game cries or the anime cries for them.
I agree. Hearing their original cries in SV hurt my ears.

Back
Top Bottom