• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your controversial opinions

At best they could bring back the feature from older games where you could choose a trainer class and expand on that, like maybe choosing a certain trainer class will give you buffs in battle and the overworld, but that feature was mainly created to distinguish trainers from each other, which we don't really need any more because of customization.
Agree with the rest of your post but I've thought about this idea myself before and I would argue with trainer customization it actually makes it even cooler. The more roleplay elements the better, and letting you choose a trainer class with its own set of perks only provides more fuel for player-driven storytelling around their choices. See: Any other RPG with class selection + visual customization

OK so I just need to say this: the performance of Scarlet and Violet is fine the vast majority of the time. Are there areas in the game that really kill the framerate and turn the game into lag city, yes, there are, I am not denying this. But the vast majority of the time I've been playing the game so far, the performance is totally fine.

I'm not saying the framerate is good but it's totally fine and playable. Of course maybe this is colored by the fact that I'm really not sensitive to framerates (I can tell the difference if you present me with like different footage running at different framerates or if a game suddenly tanks/drops its framerate HARD but for the most part? Nah I literally could not tell you lol) or the fact that the way people were talking about how the game performs was making me prepared for a game that struggles to even run at like 20 fps but like it's totally fine?

I do not want to play the SV epilogue. At all. Not even if everyone says it’s good. Firstly, I think the game’s actual ending is fine as it is. I can’t imagine how they are even gonna tie things up here because the original game tied all ends very well. Additionally, I used practically all my resources on my current team to the point if I got a new team would spend ages grinding and I already spent ages grinding this team for IndDisk’s difficulty spike.

I’ll slightly consider it if this was gonna be plot only. But if it’s actually playing battles then I’m out, and shall never touch the SV epilogue until I ever start a new playthrough.

I dislike how people's judgment towards special groups of Pokémon are far more dependent on how they look than on whether or not they have any substance or inspiration, or on what environment they create for the gameplay. This perspective allows for them all to be incredibly devalued or half-baked whenever and only the people who care about these special groups in general would mind.

By "special groups", I am referring to Legendaries, Mythicals, Ultra Beasts, and Paradoxes.

Last edited:
Grinding wasn't a problem in the older games. You could usually stay at a good level just by beating all the trainers; no grinding needed. The league would outlevel you, but they're supposed to be tough, and your pokemon would have full IVs as opposed to their no IVs, so you'd still stand a chance. Johto games are the exception that proves the rule; the grind in those games is insane.

I honestly cannot believe I’m seeing a bunch of people disliking Scovillain. This applies to both forum members AND some YouTubers I’ve seen. Yes, the thing doesn’t look complete, but even then, I think it has an interestingly good design AND it makes sense that our first Grass/Fire Pokémon is pepper-based. I feel like there are people who just expect VERY specific things from Pokémon designs, and thus get disappointed. Regarding a problem with modern Pokémon, expectations for everyone won’t all be met. But the feeling of disappointment shouldn’t overtake people in most cases. I feel like the audience is the “problem” in these situations; a similar thing can be said about the Varoom line’s design being “disliked” by a good amount of YouTuber GinjaNinjaOwO’s audience.
Back to the main subject, I think Scovillain has a great design and isn’t simply just a sentient pepper. It’s “hideous” in a good way to me and deserves to be less disliked.

To an extent, I can also go ahead and say a bunch of recent generations’ Pokémon designs look good and I don’t dislike any of these despite what I’ve heard others say: Cinderace, Grimmsnarl, Galarian Rapidash (I like it primarily because it’s part Fairy-type), Alcremie. Ursaluna (mostly because of using one on my Legends team), Spidops, Pawmot (it looks different enough from Pawmi to be its own thing, unlike Pawmo), Scovillain (don’t need to explain this one again), Hero Form Palafin, Dudunsparce, and the Frigibax line.

I know saying Pokeani music is good is not a hot take but I still think Shinji Miyazaki is criminally underrated even adjusting for that, ESPECIALLY outside of the core Pokefandom bubble. I am genuinely convinced he is one of the all-time great anime composers, being on the same level in my mind as Shunsuke Kikuchi and Nozomi Aoki. The only coherent argument I could see against that claim is most of his discography being re-arranges of game tracks, which would perhaps be a fair point if his original compositions weren't just as jawdropping

I'm sure there's a better thread for this but I get filled with the urge to gush about him sometimes and when those stints come I just gotta do it ASAP.

I know saying Pokeani music is good is not a hot take but I still think Shinji Miyazaki is criminally underrated even adjusting for that, ESPECIALLY outside of the core Pokefandom bubble. I am genuinely convinced he is one of the all-time great anime composers, being on the same level in my mind as Shunsuke Kikuchi and Nozomi Aoki. The only coherent argument I could see against that claim is most of his discography being re-arranges of game tracks, which would perhaps be a fair point if his original compositions weren't just as jawdropping

I'm sure there's a better thread for this but I get filled with the urge to gush about him sometimes and when those stints come I just gotta do it ASAP.
You can say it here or there

In terms of Pokemon design, the one I really don't like is Coalossal. Or, it would be more accurate to say I don't like the very concept for its final evolution. I wanted to see Carkoal's evolution become a locomotive Pokemon, not a coal furnace. The former would've been the natural progression of what they did with Rolycoly and Carkoal, the first two are based on mobile, wheeled vehicles but Coalossal is this largely sedentary lumbering beast, so the concept takes a complete 180. I'm guessing this is another instance of Game Freak wanting to "surprise" people and be unpredictable for the sake of being unpredictable, but this is kind of a negative surprise. I guess maybe we could get a more "traditional" Carkoal evolution as an alt down the line but IDK, I wish Coalossal would've been the alt.

• Customization peaked in Legends Arceus. Partly because the outfits are great and it's fun how they match the time period and the culture, but mostly because how all the items were centralized in one store. That made your look much easier to design and wear. Having a shoes shop scolded in a town you only have to visit once is useless.
  • I don't like most of the designs seen online for the Original Unova Dragon, they feel like abominations that fuse Kyurem, Reshiram and Zekrom together like a futuristic mecha when it should be an ancestral and old dragon, something like an Ultra Necrozma with very vague details of Reshiram and Zekrom would be my pick.
  • The Let's Go artstyle is not the artstyle the franchise should follow. Yes, it's better than BDSP's and it would be a decent one for a remake of anything pre-Gen 6, but I don't get the appeal. The overworld looks too blocky, the colors are basic and the humans range from meh to ugly. My choice would be SWSH's artstyle.

Bipedal/anthropomorphic Pokémon designs are good but some of y'all (not talking about this place specifically but the Pokémon fandom in general) are still stuck in your 'ew it's furbait so it's cringe' mindset that y'all can't admit that.

The theory that Diaga's and Palkia's origin forms restrict their signature moves dosen't make any sense, since they can still use those moves completely unimpeaded.

Also, there is no signs that Arceus was involved in these forms (unless they were the forms the duo were created in) so they couldn't have been given any malformations as punishment.

The theory that Diaga's and Palkia's origin forms restrict their signature moves dosen't make any sense, since they can still use those moves completely unimpeaded.

Also, there is no signs that Arceus was involved in these forms (unless they were the forms the duo were created in) so they couldn't have been given any malformations as punishment.
those are theories people have???
the way i always interpreted it the origin forms were what they were born as, and their new forms are just a result of waning power over time or just normal change. or the origin forms are just how they appear naturally inside the realms of time/space à-la Giratina's origin form.

~Gen5 is my fav gen
~I actually like baschulen (or whatever that grumpy fish is that fight each other)
~I like triple battles
~I like rotation battles
~And most of gen5 does not suck

:wynaut:

I think the bugs and glitches in Pokémon Scarlet and Violet are exaggerated. They are real and they may or may not cause major issues, but I don't think you would experience them in your regular playthrough so commonly. Neither me, nor any of my friends that I know of who played these games experienced anything. There are videos online, but I know how media likes to make things 100 times bigger than what they are for the clicks, so I am not generally convinced that these bugs are very common.

As someone who appreciates gen 6 a lot more than most do, I'm admittedly a bit mixed on the concept of mega evolutions

While a cool idea on paper, I think it has the issue of limiting the amount of Pokemon you'd want to prioritize for a playthrough. At least with other gimmicks like, Z-moves and Terastallization, every Pokemon can take advantage of it. I know making mega designs for every mon would be impossible, but still, making the big gimmick limited to a select pool of options is a bit backwards for a franchise that usually tries to encourage free range with your team.

Also, being a generational gimmick, it's been basically semi-retired from the games, which means a lot of great megas are kinda just sitting on the shelf barely being able to be used in game. I suppose that's not disimilar to dexit in general, but still, we haven't seen megas in-game since LGPE.

At the same time, they're also in that weird middle ground of still being prominently featured in other media and merchandise, and I feel that's screwed over a couple Pokemon who could otherwise probably use a proper evolution that are less likely to, due to having a mega, ignoring it'll only make infrequent returns for the actual games.

Now don't get me wrong, they're not quite bad or anything, and I really like a fare bit of the individual megas, but as someone who considers gen 6 her favorite gen, mega evolutions are typically just an afterthought for me.

I don't yet know what the DLCs will do with the main cast as i haven't played them yet, but in general, i don't like it if a series keeps throwing the same characters at me whose role was done ages ago. We don't need more Arven, Nemona or Penny. Their stories have reached a satisfying conclusion, and there is no need to build on them further.

The Scarlet/Violet DLC was mostly unenjoyable and felt pointless to me. The concept was so far divorced from the lore of the original pair of games that I feel like Indigo Disk/Teal Mask could have been its own game altogether. Maybe I'll enjoy it more on replay, but for now, I actually may hold onto my wallet a bit for the upcoming Pokémon generation/DLCs.

Back
Top Bottom