• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Anime Your favorite anime studios?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baby Seals

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
What are your favorite anime studios?

I think Toei Animation is one of my favorites. Their animation style is very beautiful - even their really old works are gorgeous. Plus they have a lot of entertaining series.

My other favorite is Nippon Animation. Unlike most anime studios, Nippon Animation's library is almost entirely kid-friendly series. Their animation is too cute to describe. I also like how they make a lot of good series based on Western sources, such as Anne of Green Gables, Heidi, and Grimm's Fairy Tales. They even made series out of children's stories that are almost forgotten nowadays. Plus they have a nice website.

I'm also partial to Tatsunoko Production, especially because of the art style.

Kyoto Animation is definitely my favourite animation studio. I just love their attention to detail, their high quality, fluid animation and all those character traits that makes the characters feel more alive. Two of my most favourite series (Clannad and Hyouka) are also by KyoAni.

Production I.G. because of Kuroko no Basket and Shingeki no Kyojin

A-1 Pictures because of Kuroshitsuji and Ao no Exorcist

I love most or all of them, they deserve it, although Sunrise gets a special mention.

I don't think there's ever been, in anime history, producers who try to pull off an episode with a few frames (sometimes using only one frame for 5 minutes) and make it equally as entertaining. I'm talking about Gintama.

They're also the Gundam people lol.

Sunrise, really nice animations and colors in Code Geass and Accel World
Bones, love how Darker Than Black and Blast of Tempest were done.
A-1 did good on Shin Sekai Yori and Sword Art Online.
GoHands made K really bright, colorful, and flashy.
Studio Deen made a lot of my favorites like Higurashi, Umineko, 07 Ghost, Seitokai no Ichizon, and Nurarihyon no Mago, all of which were made really well.

Back in the days of 2010 (so long ago right) I would definitely say Gainax. Most of my favorites are from them, like Gunbuster and Evangelion. Obviously they have been going downhill lately though.

And not to jump on any bandwagons, but I am looking forward to seeing Kill la Kill by Trigger. They may become my new favorite.

Otherwise, I appreciate A-1, Toei, Production I.G., and Xebec lol.

Hard to pick just one, but I love GAINAX. Their animation style is pretty interesting and I enjoy alot of the anime they make like FLCL, Panty and Stocking, and Gurren Lagann.

Kyoto Animation cause they make some of my favorite anime ever, Lucky Star and The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya plus I love the eye style they use.

And also Studio Ghibli. I absolutely love the art style they use, specifically in Miyazaki's films. It really reminds me of older anime. Plus the films they make are beautiful and are just fantastic. Probably my favorite anime studio movie-wise.

A-1 for fairy tail and blue exorcist. Studio Ghibli for.. well I don't think that needs to be said.

Honorable mentions go to Toei, Sunrise, and Kyoto.

Seven Arcs, Madhouse would probably be my top two.

I like Tōkyō Movie Shinsha the best. They had a lot of good shows. I also really like Tatsunoko since it created Science Ninja Team Gatchaman (which is getting a live-action movie soon).

I don't usually follow studios, but rather, follow individual series'. However, I do have a lot of love for Kyoto Animation - Haruhi, Lucky Star, Tamako Market, K-ON, Chunibyo...too many good shows to list. I also woke up this morning, thinking about Clannad for some reason - I haven't even watched it yet. Maybe I should.

No love for Shaft? Bakemonogatari (and related works), Denpa Onna and Madoka are all beautiful pieces of work!

Edit: Ufotable is beautiful. Fate/Zero and Kara no Kyoukai. Madhouse is pretty amazing too - I haven't watched much of its recent stuff though.

Last edited:
Hi guys,

I am the producer of a short film currently in preproduction, called Wolf Girl which I think may be of interest to you. We are making a live action fan film inspired by the wonderful Studio Ghibli animation: Princess Mononoke. We believe that a Princess Mononoke Fan Film deserves to be made with cinematic quality: Wolf Girl should feel like a true cinema movie, so we are striving for professional production values and technical quality in all aspects. We'll be launching a Kickstarter campaign on the 1 September and have some amazing people signed on to the team!

Wolf Girl is in no way endorsed by Studio Ghibli or Hayao Miyazaki. This fan film is not for profit: we are making it for the fans and our own enjoyment. It's shaping up to be a pretty big and exciting project and I would love to have your support. We have just completed our concept trailer and I would love it if you could take a look. This is a film made by fans, for fans and we'd love to get the word out as far as possible.

You can watch the trailer here: PRINCESS MONONOKE FAN FILM - Live Action Concept Trailer - YouTube

Thanks!

Georgie

The Princess Mononoke Fan Film
https://twitter.com/WolfGirlMovie
https://www.facebook.com/wolfgirlmovie

Actually, now I think Tatsunoko is the best. I have really gotten into Yatterman since I watched it at a friend's house. Now me and my friend Ashley watch it all the time. It's hilarious!

My favorite studios in terms of animation, art, and detail would have to be Kyoto Animation, P.A. Works, Bones, and Production I.G. I absolutely love the texture of the anime that KyoAni and P.A. Works produces. And Bones and I.G. just have good looking animation, that's all I can really say. Even their older works look pretty damn good(Rahxephon, GITS:SAC). Oh yeah A-1 pictures does a good job with its art and animation as well, and also has the nice texture to it.

But my favorite studios in terms of the works they've produced would definitely have to be Bones and Production I.G. Both studios have been really consistent in what they do, and there's just always something from them that appeals to my tastes. I would say the same of P.A. Works but I still have to watch more of their shows to judge. But what I've watched from P.A. Works I really like.

ufotable needs a mention too. Fate/Zero is such an amazing anime and Kara no Kyoukai's really good too, although I'm not used to the pacing of KnK. I didn't include it with the other studios above because it have a large of a resume as them, but its good at what it does. Oh, and GoHands too. From what I've seen of its works(K, Mardock Scramble movies), GoHands has so much potential and it really just needs to know how to allocate its resources better to produce a consistent looking anime.

OH YEAH. Can't forget about freakin Madhouse. I love(d) Madhouse but I haven't been feeling their recent works lately

Wait no this is turning into a mess.

In terms of animation:
Kyoto Animation - Really consistent with animation, love the texture, MOE.
P.A. Works - Same as KyoAni.
Bones - Consistent with animation, pretty art - ooooh Bones. <3
Production I.G. - YEEEEEEEEE. Same as Bones.
ufotable - Fate/Zero is one of the most beautiful looking anime I've ever watched. Kara no Kyoukai looks great too, but I've only watched 2 of its movies.
Madhouse - Even though I'm not feeling its current works I can't deny it does a good job with animation, art, and style.
SHAFT - Despite the crazy head tilts and whatnot I really like the texture and I like the style(I think SHAFT includes filters in the Monogatari series, and I like how it makes the series looks as a whole). SHAFT works have a certain charm to it.

In terms of story
Madhouse* - At least its older works. I've not been feeling Madhouse's newer stuff. Damn, all I've been checking out are its older works(like, the really dark stuff). And HOLY SHIAT SO AMAZING I'VE BEEN WATCHING MONSTER AND ITS REALLY GOOD.
P.A. Works - I hope it does more slice of lifes. Hanasaku Iroha was such a pleasant surprise, and it was the anime that really made me seek for more slice of life anime.
Bones - Its just consistent in what it does. I've enjoyed everything that I've watched from it(with the exception of Star Driver). There's always something I enjoy from Bones.
Production I.G. - YOU DO NO WRONG OMG THE ACTION, THE SLICE OF LIFE, THE SPORTS, THE MAJORS, THE KUROKOS, THE AOMINES, THE KAGEYAMAS.

Most potential:
GoHands - GoHands isn't consistent in terms of its animation as but the animation quality at its best is amazing. It just needs to stabilize itself more as a studio and allocate its resources better. I'll definitely be watching out for this studio.

Edit: TAKE MY MONEY UFOTABLE. I WORSHIP YOU

tumblr_mt17zsYLoT1sisy7qo1_500.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom