• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your favorite character-of-the-day?

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
Just wondering. Any CotDs that ever really stood out to you as memorable or interesting in some way? Here's a list, to refresh your memory.

Off the top of my head, a few of my favorites have been Giselle, Mikey, Temacu, McKenzie, Shane Seeker, the Mirror World counterparts, and the King of Pokélantis.

I haven't seen much of the anime honestly, just bits and pieces growing up and all of Journeys and MPM, but for some reason Kricketina Kylie always stood out to me because I think a Kricketune based character who doesn't travel with a Kricketune is very funny, and her name is silly too. The Mirror World counterparts are also really cool, in a way it felt so bizarre to see them. I'm also currently watching through Diamond and Pearl so a few stick out since they're fresh in my mind. I really liked Minnie because she has a Scizor, one of my favourite Pokemon, same deal with Abigail, who has a Raichu. I also liked Marnie, who has 3 Drifloon and casually uses them to fly, it made me laugh the first time I saw it.

Giselle is a fun character to write about. I actually included her in one of my fanfictions. She is a model student and has an attitude but also has Cubone who could maybe be her morality pet? It's funny how Goggleshipping is the only ship that is a one-sided canon from Ash's side lol.

My favorite is probably Tiara though. I love sad episodes. The Ghost girl from DP is very spooky. Samurai is funny because of the Metapod battle. As somebody who was afraid of bees as a child the conflict Beedrill was intense lol. I think they should have brought back Samurai for MPM.

I like Jan from the Kalos special too. He is so depressing even if this special also feels kind of random. Unusual to see an unhappy ending in Pokémon.

Last edited:
Lara Laramie (Ponyta)
Ethan (6 Magnemites)
Chigusa (Hitmontop)
Timmy Grimm (Dusklops)
Paris (Lopbunny)
Misha (Purrlion)
Mirror characters (Ash, Serena, Clemont, Bonnie, Jessie, James)
Jump Master (exaggerative old man)
Regina (Glaceon)

These ones just stood out to me more per region (OI included).

Mallow's mother.

Marie.png
screen_70.jpg
they look strangely similar...

I'm just starting an anime rewatch but I guess I'll give it a try.

• Samurai (Metapod): Memorable, would make a fun recurring character.
  • Mandi (Kanto League): Fun design and Pokemon.
  • Arielle (Ledyba): Great design and I admired her dedication to her job.
  • Gligarman: Do I need to say anything?
  • Shingo a.k.a. beta Paul, had an interesting development in his episode.
  • Brad (Smoochum): Nice backstory, I liked how he had to stood up for liking an "unmanly" thing.
  • Arienne & Jenaro (Silver Wing): Great couple.
  • Tammy (Politoed): Very relatable story of pushing yourself & others too hard.
  • Tommy (Swampert): Interesting backstory.
  • Clark (Hoenn League): Interesting design and strategy.
  • Marilyn (Cherubi): Stressing...but memorable.
  • Clayton (Mr. Mime): A cool master.
  • Professor Icarus (Elgyem): Bonding with an alien stories are my jam, and seeing it with a grown man was precious. My favorite of them all.
  • Leon (Beheeyem): Very funny.
  • Ricky (Mistralton Tower): BW really respected the Elgyem family! He was a great and funnyvillain.
  • Shannon (Village of dragons): The key to Iris' backstory.
  • Mirror Clemont: Magic is so amazing!
  • Olympica: Great design, I wonder if she could have inspired the idea behind Legends Arceus' ancestors.
  • Ikari (Alola ping pong): A great villain for the episode with how exaggerated he was.
  • Kricketina (Pinsir): Decent personality and great design.

Kanto: Samurai, Lara Laramie, Bill, Mandi and Otoshi
Orange Islands: Tad, voiced by the late Maddie Blaustein (RIP to a legend)
Johto: Shingo, Temacu, and the Captain/Sailor on the Ship in Hoenn Alone
Hoenn: Timmy Grimm, Clark the Conductor. and Serena (a COTD was called that in the dub long before Serena debuted in XY, yes, a researcher!)
Battle Frontier: Xander, the boy in the filler episode with the gigantic Caterpie/Metapod/Butterfree, and Terry (the battle girl in the last ep. 4Kids got to dub before TPCi's purge)
Sinnoh: Claudina, because that stereotyped accent in the dub (Southern?) and Brock's reaction to that remains one of the worst moments of the Pokemon dub ever to me.
Unova: Professor Icarus, Leon
Kalos: Sanpei the Ninja
Alola: No one?
Galar: No one?

Am I the only one who really liked Regina (JN087)? As a victim of relentless bullying in my younger years whom eventually developed a cold personality before breaking out of it while growing up, I found her episode to resonate pretty deeply with myself as it tackles the issues I faced when interacting with new people during that period of time. It also helps that I like Glaceon.

Please note: The thread is from 10 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom