• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your first shiny. How? when? where?

Re: Your first Shining Pokemon.

Mine was a shiny Krabby. I caught it. That day was one of the best days in pokemon history.

Re: Your first Shining Pokemon.

A Shiny Lunatone!
The blue eyes are pretty.

***I realize this thread has most definatly been done before but I have seen no recent ones***

Sadly I have yet to even encounter a wild Shiny pokemon :( I would like to hear some peoples stories about their first shiny encounters.

Did you catch the first one you saw?
Was it a pokemon You personally liked?
What Generation, game and where?

***Please don't count Shiny gyarados from Gen II

I was convinced for a short time that I had a Shiny Growlithe from XD because it looked so light in color (almost yellow-gold)and the Great ball i used looked like stars came out when i released it. I later was saddened after i studied it more and determined it wasn't shiny. I was so bummed because i woulda been thrilled to have a shiny Growlithe.

For now i have to live vicariously through other people when it comes to shinies...

my first was the Red Gyarados... but since no body counts that, my real first was a shiny Shinx that I had to chain for. I planned it out because I wanted a shiny Luxray because it looks really cool.

first caught? A sableye. Just recently. Mom brother found it. I tried for 20 minutes to catch it.

But as always, my first really was Gyrados.

Other than that Gyarados, my first seen was a shiny Drowzee in Crystal which I thought was a glitch and kind of didn't catch it.^-^;;;;;

Anyway my first caught was a shiny machop with sheer determination when I saw my friend who had barely had his game for half an hour get a shiny wurmple.o_O

So I spent 3 hours hunting for a shiny in ruby and a machop was the first I caught.

Blue Mew! :mail:

How: My Brother got it for me in RSE, it costed him alot of money but its a Memento of our Bond...

When: it was in 2002 i think

where: Faraway isl.

I once saw a shiny Stantler and Gold and had no idea what the heck it was. Didn't catch it.

Years later, my little sister- who was experimenting with returning to the franchise because I just had a few months before- saw a shiny Zubat in Sapphire and had a subdued "Oh, look, a green Zubat" reaction. I of course freak out and demand she try her best to catch the thing. She OHKO'd it.

A shiny Doduo I caught just yesterday while chaining. Caught it in a pokeball at level 2 XP I love it. XD

First shiny I ever saw? A Rhyhorn. I was in the LeafGreen Safari Zone, just walking around because I was bored, when I came across an unusually colored Rhyhorn. At this point I had heard people talk about shiny Pokemon before but I'd never actually seen one, and I realized that this Rhyhorn was a shiny. Threw a Safari ball at it, missed, and it ran away. :/

First shiny I ever actually caught was a Tentacool, about a month after my shiny Rhyhorn episode. I was playing LeafGreen again, surfing around Five Island, and eventually ran into a shiny Tentacool. I threw a Net ball at it and caught it. Yayy.

Last edited:
First shiny...

It was back in November 2008, I think. I saw a shiny Wingull, but I didn't catch it. Why? I hate Wingull.

:)

First shiny was a shiny Zubat on Ruby.. I knew what shinies were though back then, so I was all ZOMG 8OO and just tossed a bunch of balls at it. Didn't even try to lower its HP... was too afraid of killing it. D: D:

I still have her, though, hanging around on Platinum... now a Golbat. 8D

(lol never played GSC up to the Lake of Rage, so I don't even have a red Gyarados to claim that was the first shiny I ever saw)

First shiny...

It was back in November 2008, I think. I saw a shiny Wingull, but I didn't catch it. Why? I hate Wingull.

:)

Nice. Mad respect for not compromising your principals in the face of such an event.

My first shiny was a Krabby waaaaaaay back in my first time playing Gold. It was on the way to Cianwood, before I even got to Red Gyarados. Of course I had no idea what it was, but instead of killing it or running away, I felt obligated to catch it since it was interesting. What's more, I kept it on my team and raised it and whatnot. I no longer have that gold game, but my gold Kingler is forever immortalized on one of my registered teams in Pokemon Stadium 2.

My very first shiny was a Sentret that I chained for earlier this year. I have over 100 hrs on my Plat game and have yet to see a random shiny. :(

However, maybe 2 hrs into my Emerald game, I encountered a shiny Wurmple who is now a Dustox (as seen below in my sig).

Well, technically it was the Red Gyarados. But my first REAL shiny was a shiny Nidorino on FireRed. Shiny Nidoking really looked cool. It was in 2005.

My first shiny ever, a female Hippowdon with a personality that didn't fit her: Mild. I treasure my cute Hippowdon though!

I captured her in Route 228 in March of 2009. I had already seen a Budew earlier in the Safari Zone but fled.

When I was playing my LeafGreen a couple of months ago, I encountered a Haunter in the Pokemon tower and killed itself with Curse. I got so sad.

Recently I have been chaining and have caught dozens of shinies. I just wish there was a legal and fair way to get shinies from the water and the caves.

Last edited:
Cyndaquil, my starter in Silver. And then Lugia.

I still have them, they're still on my Silver game. They mean the world to me.

The game is old, it survived a house fire. Getting covered in water and that close to black smoke messed it up a bit. It ruined my Game Boy Color, making it unusable, bit the game itself still works on this SP I have. The colour is all messed up, sometimes pixels bounce, sometimes the game'll just turn off. I still pick it up and play once a day at least. They're gonna go soon, though.
Lugia was so much brighter than it looked in the pictures and the movie... I didn't nickname it, because I was humbled by it.But I called it Light sometimes. And Cyndaquil... I didn't even realize what he was until my cousin pointed it out to me.

my first was a shiny poochyena. I waas in emerald, just randomly catching poochyena, when I decided that was enough. so, walking back to oldale, I encountered a golden one. I'm like OMG IT'S GOLDEN! so I caught it, and unfortunately, I lost my emerald.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom