• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your first shiny. How? when? where?

I had been trying to chain a shiny for about a week or something at Easter time. I had been having no luck so my boyfriend traded to get a shiny ponyta for me to cheer me up. A few days later was the first time I caught a shiny, it was a geodude I chained called Nugget. I love him

My very first shiny was a Sentret that I chained for earlier this year. I have over 100 hrs on my Plat game and have yet to see a random shiny. :(

However, maybe 2 hrs into my Emerald game, I encountered a shiny Wurmple who is now a Dustox (as seen below in my sig).

Don't worry, I encountered my first random shiny on Platinum (shiny Wailord; he's uber awesome) at about 250 hours.

My first was a shiny Magby that hatched from the Odd Egg in Crystal.

Then about a week ago I caught a random shiny Starly. And two days ago I found a shiny Magcargo while training in Stark Mountain.

Right now, I'm trying to breed a shiny Dratini, so wish me luck, guys. :)

My first shiny was a Shiny Golbat I found with Riley on Iron Island in a double battle with a Steelix (so it was harder to catch), but it is now a Crobat.

Then I found a Shiny Bronzong on the way to Spear Pillar.
Then I fished up a Shiny Wooper.
Then I ran into a Shiny Buizel when I left Pastoria City...

My real first shiny was all the way back in Gold, where I found a shiny Pidgey. The weird part is that I found another one in my Crystal, so I had two shiny pidgies.

My first shiny pokemon was Pachirisu! I'd been searching everywhere for one.
Personally, I love Pachirisu. I think it's super cute!
I caught it on Pokemon Pearl at Valley Windworks.
I think Diamond and Pearl is Generation 4 or 5?
Good luck finding a shiny! They're really cute. Especially Shiny Umbreon! I WANT ONE SO BAD!!

Even though I logged my fair share of hours into gold silver and crystal (yeah i played all 3) the only shiny I ever saw in that generation was the gyrados. The first shiny I ever found was in Ruby, I was playing through the game and when I got to Dewford, the first pokemon in Granite cave that I ran into was a shiny Makuhita. Hes still a Makuhita and currently lives in my diamond game. As someone who chains, I truly treasure any shiny pokemon I randomly encounter in the wild...

My first was a shiny Girafarig in Gen 2. Realized it was different and pointed it out to my friend who told me not to catch it because it was a glitch. She then proceeded to catch a shiny Flaffy.

I didn't actually catch a shiny until gen 3. It was an Unown. Worst shiny ever. It was letter Z. Then my sister caught a shiny Zubat and evolved it into Golbat, then stopped playing her game forever. (I took it with me when I moved out, so I still have it, but I upgraded to DSi, and am now realizing the downside.) In Diamond and Pearl, I've only encountered 1 shiny. Another Unown. Unown E. And I accidentally killed it while talking to a friend and playing at the same time. In Platinum I have yet to actually run into any shinies. I have a friend who keeps me updated as he plays his copy, and the guy has crazy luck. The bastard is playing it completely normal, no cheating devices, no nothing. He has a camera so he can take pictures to show off, and he has amassed at least a small army of shinies. Some came from his Gen 3 set (Like his Skarmory) but in Platinum alone he's gotten a shiny Chansey, the Togepii he hatched from Cythia's egg was shiny, an Abra (who is now an Alakazam), and a bunch others I can't remember. All random encounter. >:[

How? I was lost in Union Cave. Somehow. I dunno. Female Sandshrew pops out of nowhere and sparkles, I freak out, jump at it, catch that thing.

my first was in my silver cart. a bronze donphan after I beat the blackthorn gym I named him snufle. I don't really count red gyarados because its always there.

A red gyarado's sea snake, but that doesn't count.

I was a real noob in the past (more so than now), and killed all the shinies that came my way, cause I didn't know.

I once saw a shiny Stantler and Gold and had no idea what the heck it was. Didn't catch it.

Years later, my little sister- who was experimenting with returning to the franchise because I just had a few months before- saw a shiny Zubat in Sapphire and had a subdued "Oh, look, a green Zubat" reaction. I of course freak out and demand she try her best to catch the thing. She OHKO'd it.

Shiny Zubats. The only Zubat anybody wants to see :p

I never saw a shiny yet...I didn't know about the Shellos thing, so I first saw a blue Shellos and I'm like "OHMYGOD A SHINY!"

My first shiny was a Tangela. I found him while looking for items on Treasure Beach one night. Before I ran into him, I had completely forgotten that shinies existed! Needless to say, I freaked out and had to catch him. Didn't matter that Tangela was never one of my favorites; he was shiny and that was all that mattered.

He's on my copy of Pearl. And he's pretty spoiled, too. :lol:

My first shiny (besides Gyarados) was caterpie, lvl 3 in Firered, I nearly crapped myself because of how early it was in the game, I then transferred it to Platinum.

EDIT: It's now in White 2, and will soon be brought to X/Y. It's level 16 now, and still a Caterpie.

Last edited:
Well, technically it was the Red Gyarados. But my first REAL shiny was a shiny Nidorino on FireRed. Shiny Nidoking really looked cool. It was in 2005.

This, actually. May have been earlier, don't remember exactly. But wow, very close. Around the same time, maybe before, I caught a Shiny Tentacool.
However, I traded both away, unfortunately. For a Jirachi and Celebi, respectively. Personally, I'd rather have my original Shinies.

my first shiny was a Lv.100 dialga which i got over the GTS for a Lv.1 eevee holding a thunderstone.
the first pokemon i REALLY encountered, is a shiny east gastrodon. i was chaining luxio, walked into a safe patch, almost threw my dsi at the wall but then i found that it was shiny and i was like... ok! so i caught it...

When I played Gold I knocked out the Red Gyarados since I didn't realise its significance. That was at least five years ago.

My first real shiny was a Kricketune on my Pearl version. I was using the Poke Radar to find a male Smeargle; not really chaining, I wasn't using repels, so I got random encounters. Then Kricketune popped up. 'Okay, another Kricketune - wait, it's orange!' Then I saw the sparkles. I put it in my RADAR box at the time, but I know now that it was a random encounter.

Shiny Shinx on Pearl - Now a shiny Luxray, and on my game winning team. I'll likely transfer it over to my Platinum game as soon as I get a chance to use my friend's DS to trade direct again. Don't want to risk it on the GTS!

My first encounter with a shiny Pokemon was with a Rapidash outside of Mt. Silver in Crystal. I tried to catch it but KOed it by accident.

Shiny Rapidash looks awesome, by the way:

Spr_2c_078_s.gif

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom