• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your first shiny. How? when? where?

Once, I was in the Ruins of Alph. A shiny Unown appeared. I threw an Ultra Ball. It escaped. Then the Unown fled. I have never seen a shiny since. :(

I'm still kind of not over it because a lot of my friends have shinies... and all I have is the Red Gyarados. I did get the Pokérus legitimately in Silver, but... that's not cool!

the red gyarados wasn't even my first shiny. My first shiny was a shiny oddish in the Hoenn Safari zone. I'm glad it didn't fled ^^. By the way is the rumour that shinies are more common there true or what?

The first shiny I ever caught in Crystal, was actually a shiny Noctowl, which I thought was pretty ironic. I'm not exactly sure how I did it but IIRC it was on Route 14.
Noctowl in Crystal was also my first shiny (barring Red Gyarados), except I caught it en route to the Lake of Rage. I trained it up and it was an awesome Noctowl. I loved it dearly. And then my game glitched a couple months later and it was gone forever.

I've never had a shiny since.

Well my very first Shiny has to be my shiny female Rattata, i was just on the cycling area are Erikas gym on Leafgreen, i was looking for a Fearow or a Doduo, when i found one, i was on my way out of the grass area and then another Pokemon was appearing so im like, dang it, oh well. Then a gold rat pops up im like, this looks really weird and then i heard the sparkle sound. I was like wow, im catching this. So i caught it and now its on my Diamond. That was the first of many

My second one is a shiny female slowpoke i found on Emerald. Im still debating on which one i should evolve it into, Slowking or Slowbro but im kinda thinking of Slowbro

My newest additions to my shiny collection is my Shiny male Numel (Diamond) and a female Snover(Pearl), which i found in front of the entrance to Stark Mountian and the grass area just before Snowpoint City, which is now a Camerupt on my Pearl and a Abomasnow on Diamond. I switch them over to raise them faster.

I have never had a single shiny ever. Apart from the Red Gyarados.

The first shiny I ever encountered (aside from Rage Gyrados) was a green Espeon in emeralds Battle Tower.

I WAS PISSED

That's my luck I guess, an uncatchable shiny. In platinum I caught a shiny Tentacruel on my way to the Pokemon League, I caught the pokerus in the same day :)

a Shiny Hairyama, Victory road, Generation III, in Sapphire, Level 38 Male
knew Smellingsalt, arm thrust, focus punch (i taught it that) and whirlwind.

Gen II: Not counting the red Gyarados, it was a shiny Swinub which is now a shiny Piloswine. Back then I thought that it lost its special color in evolution, though, due to the shiny version looking very similar to the regular Piloswine. I then later caught a shiny Fearow west to Fuchsia.

Gen III: None. Sob. Did see a shiny Manectric in the Battle Tower once, though.

Gen IV: Some random guy traded a shiny Ho-Oh for my Bonsly in GTS (and it was me who made the offer). I still haven't caught a shiny myself, but I've got a Charmander (now a Charizard), Machop and Shaymin as shiny from GTS as well.

Oh, yeah, I suck at Poké Radar. My best combo is 22, though usually I manage to get a streak of about 6-10.

Last edited:
It is/was a female Geodude, in Hoenn's Victory Road in Emerald. I wasn't exactly a fan of the species to begin with, but possessing it was enough to ignite an interest in the Ground type, an interest which I've exercised by commencing working on numerous part-Grounds for various purposes. That said, I haven't started training the Geodude itself yet.

my first shiny was a male ponyta i caught while chaining
i gave it to my friend

the first shiny i kept for myself was a primeape i encountered in mewtwos cave while playing LeafGreen

This was before the Gyarados. In Gold. It was a Drwozee

Where: Route 34

How: On my way to daycare center, (My Pokémon were weak), Accidently walked into patch of grass, then BAM! Shiny Drowzee, caught without fail.

When: I don't know, long ago?

First, and so far only, was a shiny Eastern Gastrodon in Platinum on Route 224... I looked closely and noticed it looked kinda strange, a slightly different shade of blue. I wasn't sure whether it was just because it was a different sprite than D/P so I caught it and compared it with Bulbapedia's sprite. Yep, it was a shiny.

My first ever shiny was on Firered. I was walking around route 1 when a shiny pidgey popped up! I didn't know what a shiny was atthe time, however. I thought it was a glitch.

So I caught it anyways XD.

I eventually trasfered it over to pearl. Sadly, I reset pearl, forgetting that my only ever shiny was on it :`( Although now I have 14+ shinies on pearl from chaining :DD

I have never seen/caught a shiney myself. I've played my saphire for 300 hours, completed the Pokedex (still no shiney). Played Diamond for 278 hours... Geuss what, no shiney of my own, but my friend gave me a shiney mudkip. and platnium Pffh 50 hours and nothing. Thats alot of hours and no shiney. :(

My first shiny was an onix in victory road. I was surprised at first then when mental trying to catch it.

After 60 odd balls or so I caught it :D

Since then I've come across shiny meditite and shiny bronzor:)

tried chaining for a shiny shinx (as someone said ealier, shiny luxray is awesome) but so far no luck :(

Re: Your first Shining Pokemon.

I remember meeting a shiny Oddish in Ilex Forest. I was like, OMG a golden Oddish!

don't ask me, i honestly have no clue. perhaps only certain pokemon have more than one shiny coloring, or all of them do, but alternatives are very rare - again, i don't know. and i don't care if no one believes me or not; i have no evidence to prove my case anyway, seeing as i didn't catch the pink sableye. :p
however, if you want a different situation, i know someone who caught a red machop, while the standard is greenish.
I fought two red Kecleons in the BT, and the Poochyena at the start was red and orange. Kecleons sparkled like the were using iron defense or something, and poochy sparkled like a GSC pokemon. Though, I have no idea how since my games are legit and there doesnt seem to be coding for these. I got a PM back in 2007 from someone on another site saying they also had it happen to them. Coincidentally, my player's name was Amber.

My first shiny Pokemon I caught was a Bidoof. =_=
52 minutes into Diamond, lulz.

Before that, I had the Kecleons, a blue Medicham, Poochyena, A SKARMORY IN THE PYRAMID BLARGH, a shiny abra (shoot, it was so close, too!) all get away from me. I was rewarded with that cute little :B face. :/

Last edited:

My frist shiny Pokemon was the G/S Red Gyarados but i guess that doesn.t really count
Other than that though i have never amazingly seen a single shiny Pokemon

Electabuzz. I was chaining for female Electabuzzes. (I usually chain for breeding pokes, since I usually suck at chaining for shinies.) Not only was it shiny, the Electabuzz was female too.

I feel a little sad since I don't plan on raising her, but I still love her.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom