• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your hopes for sun and moon

I have so many hopes man. I don't even care if I get all of them just a few would make me happy.

-More use for Sunstones/Moonstones
-Character Customization continues (MOON THEMED CLOTHES PLZ)
-Pokemon with different appearances based on time of day
-Certain Pokemon come out during the day/night
-Evolution branches based on time of day
-Dark Type Gym? Please? Oh please.
-Dex Nav from Ruby and Sapphire. Continuing Pokemon Amie and the IV training.
-Let pokemon follow us again? Pretty pretty please.
-Few Legendary Pokemon. They feel more special when there's not a bunch of them.
-At least one area in the game where I can get a beautiful shot of the sky!

Isn't Primeape an ape?
Somewhat. But the Mankey line is much more closer to baboons. Just because a Pokemon name has "ape" in it, does not mean it is specifically based on that animal.

What I'm basically saying is that I want a Pokemon that is based on an obvious, true ape. I admit Slaking is close appearance-wise, but it's still a sloth and sloths are not primates.

Somewhat. But the Mankey line is much more closer to baboons. Just because a Pokemon name has "ape" in it, does not mean it is specifically based on that animal.

What I'm basically saying is that I want a Pokemon that is based on an obvious, true ape. I admit Slaking is close appearance-wise, but it's still a sloth and sloths are not primates.
Darmanitan?

I'd like to see:
  • more customization options, more hair styles, more types of hair, more skin tones
  • clothing to not be limited by gender
  • more clothes featuring Pokemon imagery (like the Pyroar shirt, the Liepard print scarf, the Pancham hat and the Slurpuff dress)
  • little accessories that snap to specific points on your Pokemon (like a combination of the way dressing Pokemon in for Concerts in Gen V worked, and how designing clothing for Spore aliens works in Spore. If the accessories are small things, like bows, feathers, medals, I feel like it might be possible without too much difficulty?) It would be really nice for giving Pokemon an individual touch, and also would help with distinguishing two Pokemon from each other visually if you happen to have two of the same species of Pokemon that you use for different things.
  • an opossum, a tree kangaroo, a red panda, more bats, a weasel, an armadillo (maybe a fairy armadillo? that'd give us fairy/ground), some kind of fairy/dragon type, more fairies in general, any of these would be super exciting to get (maybe another dragonfly pokemon, or a mantis as well?)
  • mega evolutions for Pokemon that are currently not very useful competitively
  • more complex contest mechanics, improved contests (I love them as an alternative to battles, but the ORAS ones weren't really engaging or challenging enough to hold my interest, and rely too much on luck for my liking), a new cooking minigame (maybe instead of using the food for contests, it could tie into pokemon amie?)
  • Expanded Pokemon Amie! I loved Pokemon Amie, and I'd enjoy it even more if there were more ways to interact with Pokemon, more mini games, more food to feed them, and perhaps nature factoring into the behavior of the Pokemon? so that for instance, playing with a Bold Chespin would be slightly different than playing with a Timid Chespin. Maybe bring back Pokemon having favorite and least favorite flavors? I like forming a connection with my Pokemon and it breaks the illusion if every single Pikachu behaves in the exact same way and can be befriended in the exact same way.
  • Pokemon walking behind you is probably completely impractical now, since they would need to make entirely new models for every Pokemon, but I sure would love it. :|
  • Secret bases coming back again would definitely be nice!!
  • another feature like the friend safari, maybe something a little less monotonous though? Like a friend safari with more of the aesthetics of a safari zone.

A satisfying conclusion to all the hanging subplots and themes (like Zygarde and AZ) that XY presented.
How was AZ left hanging? His story had a definitive and satisfying conclusion, with him moving on from the pain that led him to build the Ultimate Weapon and being reunited with Floette, and we already know how his story began. What happened between Floette abandoning him and him encountering the player is unimportant. There's really nothing left to explore there.

How was AZ left hanging? His story had a definitive and satisfying conclusion, with him moving on from the pain that led him to build the Ultimate Weapon and being reunited with Floette, and we already know how his story began. What happened between Floette abandoning him and him encountering the player is unimportant. There's really nothing left to explore there.
But there's still Zygarde. I'm wholly unsatisfied with how Game Freak seem too eager to close Gen VI as a whole.
You can't just tell me that the Zygarde forms are anime exclusive when there's two hidden Ground type moves still in the game's code that are obviously for Zygarde. Remember Ice Burn and Freeze Shock? It's the exact same situation.
They've tried too hard to surprise us that it's come across as lacking common sense.

-Koala, Peacock, Roach, Echidna, Dolphin, Gila Monster, Possum, Narwhal or a Peacock Pokemon pls. <3
-New type combinations, moves, and abilities.
-New clothing options, hairstyles, accessories!
-Bring back the Bug Catching Contests from GSC.
-Allow your Pokemon to follow you. Let us pet them too. :3
-I'm tired of HM slaves, so reform the HM system pls.
-No more gift Legendaries. Give them an interesting backstory.

Last edited:
Fleshed out backstories for, and actually visible significance to, the legends instead of there being a minimum of description and their just appearing to be caught, or even just being handed to you as a gift, at worst, in any pokemon center.

-Return of and expanded customization definitely
-Customization for Pokemon. Serena's Pancham wears glasses, Ash's Squirtle and Krookodile wore glasses, and Dawn's Buneary had a vest, I want to put accessories on my Pokemon! plz
-Difficulty options (or just a higher difficulty in general)
-Fun side quests like ORAS contests. Pokemon Showcases from the anime plz
-Cute starters with non-hideous middle and final forms
-Unique secondary typings for the starter's final forms (If any)(If not, I'd like the fire starter to remain single typed)
-The fire starter's final evo to be a quadruped
-A story that's nothing like BW's
-A Pikaclone that evolves at least once
-That Dark type gym tho
-The player characters to be young. Preferably between the ages of the Gen1-4 protagonists.
-A female rival that's similar to Blue
-Sun's legend to be based on a pheonix or other bird
-Moon's legend to be based on a warewolf or rabbit
-Return of PokemonAmie with more content

Last edited:
I was actually not too happy with how Gen 6 was and hope Gen 7 is a major improvement. So sere's what I want from Sun and Moon, and my list is pretty long:
  • At least 100 new Pokemon, or at least more than Gen 6 did... but not too much.
  • A region based on somewhere far from Kalos like Australia or Hong Kong or even Brazil.
  • Customization for the player characters like in X/Y, and for once, don't make the male protagonist's default appearance look like Red, because I'm sick of every male player looking like Red.
  • Starter Pokemon with unique secondary typing in their final stage (they're never going to not do Grass/Fire/Water)
  • The return of Amie and Super Training, maybe enhance them and make them far more interactive.
  • Pokemon following you
  • In-battle 3D models for the Gym Leaders and Elite Four, no Sugimori art at the start and end of battles like with Diantha (she was the Champion, she deserved a 3D model). With regular trainers I'll give the Sugi art a pass, just don't have young looking people approach you on the field and in battle they turn out to be old ladies, that would be awkward (yes, this actually happened in X/Y)
  • Dark type Gym, enough said
  • No Electric or Ice Gyms, we've had one almost every generation, let's... not for once
  • A female villain team leader, we've had female Champions, why not a female antagonist?
  • Mega Floatzel and Mega Mienshao, enough said (Mega Flygon and Mega Raichu too)
  • No new Eeveelutions, but new evolutions for older Pokemon that aren't Megas
  • A large post-game that keeps the player interested in the game, since X/Y barely had anything in it's post-game
  • An electric rodent that actually has an evolution.
  • A Pokemon based on a kangaroo (and an ACTUAL kangaroo, not a big dinosaur, and while on that note, nerf Mega Kangaskhan)
  • A fantastic soundtrack, since I felt the soundtrack of X/Y had too many repetitive themes (the Gym battle theme was lackluster IMO), and OR/AS felt like a step down from the amazing remixes that HG/SS had.
  • Interesting and memorable characters
  • A well-crafted story
And so much more, because I can go on forever with this...

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom