• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your "That's a Pokemon?!?" Moments

The Musketeer trio (or quartet, or whatever you want to call it) sort of threw me off. Especially the last one.
Those threw me off too. When I first found one of them in the cave I though, oh cool a legendary Pokemon. When battle started, I saw the sprite and... .. 'What the hell is this blue horse thing?!'
Terrakoin really threw me off.

Crimgan threw me off too, when the sprites were first released. I don't really know why though, he just did. When I discovered octillery was remoraid's evo, that threw me off too.

I remember seeing the little beaver Bidoof and I'm like "I guess Rattata ate too many cookies"

True, but I think by now most of us had gotten used to it, so it doesn't seem so weird to us. That's why I usually tell people who criticize new Pokemon that they'd probably think differently if the new Pokemon were first and the originals came later.

Gahh, that is so true. Honestly I love most of the generation V designs, which are much more original than the generation I designs. I mean, think of all the Pokemon in gen I with horns. It's not very original.

when I saw the forms of Rotom. I thought they were evolutions of the original rotom

Nageki and Dageki surprised me. I thought Dageki was some kind of character for a few seconds when i first saw its picture.

Kind of off topic...
I've seen Pokémon such as Lucario,Gobitto,Goruggo,Sazandora,Iwaparesu,Gigaiath and other Pokémon and thought OMG RuneScape or this looks like a monster that I'd see on RuneScape, for example the Cockatrice Monster, it kinda looks like a bird/dragon thing yeah. Even though Pokémon does not resemble RuneScape in the slightest.

picture.php
This is RuneScape Monster, Cockatrice.
I do hope you realize Cockatrices have been part of myths for centuries, a lot of years before JaGEx added cockatrices in the game.

Gears, ice cream, trash bags, cells, the three musketeers, pillar swinging clowns, Homicidal robo-bugs from the paleozoic era and Shinpora. I wonder what the designers were smoking at that time, not saying any of the above were bad though.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom