• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your "THATS NOT POSSIBLE" moments

In pokemon stadium sunflora used fly... weird.

The fact that Lance used three dragonites in gold. When I was younger his first one took out half of my team. When his second one came out I was kicked off. And when I managed to take out that one I was seriously pissed and only had one pokemon left.... I failed

oh lance in hg ss his first elite four dragonites are level 49 FRIGGIN 49! Lance is a haxor! Thats my Thats not possible moment. Dragoniote at level 55

oh lance in hg ss his first elite four dragonites are level 49 FRIGGIN 49! Lance is a haxor! Thats my Thats not possible moment. Dragoniote at level 55
It's worse back in the Rocket hideout, where it's... like, 40, I think. Yeah, Lance is a rotten cheater. ~_~

He never gave me much trouble on my Gold or HG, but when I fought him and Clair in the Dragon den, I had to reset like 3 times. Damn underleveledness... V_v

Just had one now.
Finally facing the Johto Elite four in HG and Karen's Houndoom oneshoted my Typhlosion with FLAMETHROWER O_O. Was my last pokemon as well.

My electric move accidentally paralyzes a bulky Umbreon with Synchronize. I get paralyzed too. However, Umbreon successfully attacks every turn while I'm fully paralyzed over 50% of the time.

Also something uses Double Team once and my 100% accuracy attacks miss THREE TIMES IN A ROW {rage}

BATTLE FACTORY
Noland/Thorton always get the best OU pokemon, and even though they're random they ALWAYS are counters to my pokemon, which by the way are pokemon like Quagsire or a Wigglytuff with counter or something else weird. And Noland produces a Suicune that I've never had as a choosable pokemon.

Trying to catch Houndour in my Japanese SS to use in my new HG game. Bear in mind that Houndour only appears 5% at night in this one, scrawny route (aside from the Safari Zone, but that's another story why I can't go there) so I'm there, battling, running, avoiding all the normal Pokés that appear there, and then, after two or three hours, just when I'm about to rant on Twitter about it, there's a Houndour! And my Pikachu with Thunder Wave's infront! I poise for battle! ...Only for it to use roar.

I stared at the screen for a good half minute. It may not be as weird/bad as some of the ones already posted, but damn... orz For me, that was totally a 'THAT'S NOT POSSIBLE' moment.

Ha ha... I'm not the only one who suffered that. My Scizor landed a False Swipe and I was ready with lots of Poké Balls when Houndour used Roar...

One more... It's not my moment but my friend's. I lent my Pokémon Pearl to her and she told me... She caught the Palkia with a normal Poké Ball. I got the game back and LOL, there it is, caught in a normal Poké Ball...
I really say THAT'S NOT POSSIBLE... I really would have said that if this happened to me!

Not lookin' so impressive now, is it?

I once caught a Groudon in a Pokeball, though my SS Groudon was the easiest, but took a Duskball to catch one. Second throw, first was a level ball I took a shot with for lulz, lol.

EH? It's easier to catch Palkia than a Beldum???
Quite 'THAT'S NOT POSSIBLE'...-_-;
But the data does make sense... Reminds me how it took awhile to catch Beldum at Platinum-_-

That's why you always breed/transfer them over from Gen 3 unless you have HGSS, son. ~_~

I was playing FireRed, and I finally got to see the champion.
I was all excited, since I had no idea who the champion was.
I entered the door, and guess who's there? MY RIVAL GARY MOTHERFUCKING OAK AS THE CHAMPION.

god that was dissapointing and shocking.

I was about to say I feel so old, but you're only two years younger than me. To me people playing gen.1 in the 2000's for the first time is unheard of.

Not that there is anything wrong with that.

Battled Clair & Lance in Dragon's Den with my rival, and they KO all of his time. This was OK, as I was used to it, and I imagined my character jabbing him in the chest and shouting 'YOU FAIL!!!'. They then proceeded to completely pwn the rest of my team.

Who I painstakingly raised to Lv.100.

Each.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU--

fighting my rival, Geodude Vrs Crockana, I get magnitude 8, and a critical hit.

is survives.
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

also, Battle tower. I had a Ninetails, A Nidoking, and a Venasaur. I could only think that a Gyrados would counter me.

5 battles in. A trainer comes up with a Gyrados, A Peliper and a Mantine

Last edited:
I had the worst time EVER with Blue's Gyarados last night. (I was battling him for the first time in the game) I didn't have an Electric type in my main team, felt like going the hard route, I dunno. I tried using Grass Tank's (My Maganium's nick) Grass attacks, which failed. I was *kind of* lucky with Quagsire, as everytime Gyarados used Waterfall, it would just gain HP from the Water. It failed too. I don't remember how many times I lost trying to beat that damned Dragon.

I needed an Electric type, either Raikou or Snorlax. I chose Snorlax, it has the most HP. I gave it Thunder, and it took it out (after 4 more times of FAIL :banghead:) You really need an Electric for that Gyarados from HELL.

Also, before this, I spotted Entei. I made it faint with Surf, I didn't think it would kill it. Waaa ;__;

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom