• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Yu-Gi-Oh! Go Rush Mafia - Endgame, Town + Informant Victory!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like there could be a GO Rush season 2 mafia after it is over, including the rest of the characters missed here plus the new ones...

Rovian Ranran Bochi Damamu Kawaii Epoch Shewbahha Dudi UTS-8 Chupataro Meeeg-chan Jersey bros

Phaser Tremolo Zaion Otes

Lugh

I feel like there could be a GO Rush season 2 mafia after it is over, including the rest of the characters missed here plus the new ones...

Rovian Ranran Bochi Damamu Kawaii Epoch Shewbahha Dudi UTS-8 Chupataro Meeeg-chan Jersey bros

Phaser Tremolo Zaion Otes

Lugh
Bad list. No Epoch.

Epoch is in the list
(am I missing some joke, not totally caught up)

There is at least one other major character who you're missing from the list, but they were just recently introduced (Ep 74), so that one's understandable.
I need to catch up ASAP.

Also, sometime, after 5 town rands in a row, I will rand scum, and will crash and burn and flop spectacularly, just wait and see :(

zexy would've lost his mint if it was neighbors instead
Is this a typo or intentional.
I think Zexy already lost his Mint.
Yep. I belong to Elieson now.
Yeah, the worst part of that was that I had three perfectly good safeclaim characters I considered (Rovian, Ranran, Damamu, all characters that I did want as town for the setup in early versions but had to cut) and just decided it wouldn't be necessary. Big mistake

Honestly I'd assumed scum would be strong enough to handle town as it was lol. I've seen rolecop + roleblock often stated to be powerful combination and fairly standard so I figured, "yeah that'll work". Hindsight that was probably wrong considering that town had barely any roles that were moving most nights anyway; redirection would've been a probably good alternative. I don't know if strongman would've done much for them with town not having a ton of protection but I don't think it'd've hurt.
I think if there hadn’t been massclaim if we could have stood a chance. Limiting the game to 1 claim per phase set could have helped a lot. And include softclaiming in that.

I will literally fly to greece to kick you in the balls :jessie:
The fact that Mido of all people is the one who unlocked my paranoia is worth the kick tbh :( She was doing so well before massclaim...

Limiting the game to 1 claim per phase set could have helped a lot. And include softclaiming in that.
That is terribly hard to enforce. What if someone manages to softclaim so well not even the host notices? What if massclaim needs to happen in YLO? The burden for this should lie on host to keep it balanced, not prohibiting players from using one of the most major tools to solve the game...

What if scum claims Miller D1 and the real Miller is now not allowed to counterclaim that? What if the cop and the doc are both leading wagons late D1 (this literally happened in an offsite game recently)?

The fact that Mido of all people is the one who unlocked my paranoia is worth the kick tbh :( She was doing so well before massclaim...
Massclaim always kills a game.
That is terribly hard to enforce. What if someone manages to softclaim so well not even the host notices? What if massclaim needs to happen in YLO? The burden for this should lie on host to keep it balanced, not prohibiting players from using one of the most major tools to solve the game...
The issue is you are relying too heavily on claims. The point is to force people to use actions and posts to scumhunt over just claims.

If that is the host intention, they can just make the game not so heavily role madness.

I do not mind Chaos-type setups where the roles are not obvious as either alignment tbh but still lead to interesting interactions

It has always been a TWR staple tho, and in the OC days it was even worse since everybody would just give all the info to a single near-cleared town leader at first opportunity.

Nowadays it is only happening either in YLOs (and is still not enough to prevent scum wins) since the setup is designed well enough to not be breakable, or the setup just is breakable no matter when the massclaim happens :(

When it is not on YLO, it just tends to happen Day 2 as the active roles start talking about invest results or being blocked messages etc. and people want to deny being involved, it is not a conscious decision all at once.

A solution I might consider for future setups is more roles with even night only modifiers, so there is at least enough time until Day 3 to form natural reads without roles getting in the mix : by then usually 4 ppl have flipped, which for our small games (10-13p) usually either includes at least one scum or brings us to YLO anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom