• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

1st Bulbagarden Skype TCG tournament!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Palbert6393

Reaction score
Alrighy this is just wht it looks like. A TCG tournament! This is the first one, so its a bit of trial and error, and there may be some rule revisions midway. Bear with me.

Registration will be open until 11:59:59 EST on 4/31/12
To register
1) You must post stating you wish to join, and post your decklist.
2) send me a PM with your Skype name

Format: BW-ND Commons and Uncommons ONLY!
Banned Uncommon Cards: Eelektrik, Durant
Banned Common cards: none
For any older trainers/special energies that have been reprinted, the older versions are legal.

Rules:
Matches will be 6 prizes, best 2 of 3.
Results must be reported here by both the winner and loser.
(Failure for the loser to report will result in ban from future tournaments)
Deck must be visible in camera at all times.
No time limit for matches.

Minimum of 4 entrants (including me!)

No prizes, unfortunately... just bragging rights

That's all I can think of for now. Post any questions here.
(I'm off to go build my deck :cool:)

Entrants:
None yet

Last edited:
An entry should look like this (this is mine):

Pokemon: 20
3x Audino NV-83
3x Pawniard NV-75
3x Bisharp NV-76
2x Whimsicott EP-11
2x Cottonee EP-10
3x Lilligant EP-14
3x Petilil EP-13
1x Elgyem NV-55

Trainers: 23
2x Switch
2x Level Ball
2x Rocky Helmet
4x Pokemon Catcher
4x Professor Juniper
1x Cheren
4x N
2x Pokemon Communication
2x Exp. Share

Energy: 17
3x Double Colorless
6x Darkness
8x Grass

I'm Interested but curious if the ban on rare and higher cards is a common one in tournaments? I will need time to put together a list But I should be registering some time later today/tomorrow

I'm Interested but curious if the ban on rare and higher cards is a common one in tournaments? I will need time to put together a list But I should be registering some time later today/tomorrow

No, it isn't particuariliy common... I just wanted to be able to allow people to have a chance, even if they can't afford the rarer cards, or if they don't have very many.

That's Fair enough as its forcing me to think about what i'm taking and so far I'm thinking of just a tonne of Emolga's Evolites and Rocky Helmets

@Airik; Banning is looking like it might become more common in the TCG. The Japanese recently introduced the Palace Format for Unlimited Play. Exciting Times!

I'd feel really left out if you used this format later because Durant decks are really fun and so are pretty much every nearly tournament-viable deck ever.

i want to cinccino ;-;

Also BW-on is a really weird format. Even with world's coming soon, I doubt they'll take out that many sets. The farthest I'd expect is CL-on.

I'd feel really left out if you used this format later because Durant decks are really fun and so are pretty much every nearly tournament-viable deck ever.

i want to cinccino ;-;

Also BW-on is a really weird format. Even with world's coming soon, I doubt they'll take out that many sets. The farthest I'd expect is CL-on.

It won't always be this... but mixing up formats gives people the challenge of building new decks, along with the challenge of playing them. Also I didn't want the tournament to only be zekrom, durant, and mewtwo. There will be different quirks to different tournaments.

Would it be possible to do a PlayTCG league as well? I have multiple issues playing a Skype league =/.

@Nytik; I've heard rumblings that there will be a PlayTCG and possibly RedShark Tournament as well to see who is interested in what and what will be the best format. The limitations of PlayTCG are that you can only play 60 Card Modified Constructed legal decks. I would see the BulbaLeague Tournaments being a bit more interesting. Team Battles, Half Decks, Round Robin Formats, Ban Lists, Palace Format Maybe. More versatility the better!

Of course that is all up to @Palbert6393;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom