• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

1Up's Top 5 Lamest Pokemon

On a related notes: Does anybody actually use Jewpass? It's stats are trash, it's movepool is hardcore fail and it looks awful, why would you use that?

Probopass is squarely in underused. But what, you think readers care about tiers?

And yes, the day/night cycle thing is a mistake.

Because he's the opposite of everything you said about him? =)
If that were the case I don't think he would be UU/borderline NU on smogon and most of the players that have commented on him have classed him as absolute trash. I am sure he has some fans and that it can be used if you try to work around the suck, but guess we agree to disagree on this. Obviously I don't think it's the opposite of what I said, but this is going offtopic anyways.

Do you know that for sure because I am pretty sure that Ludicolo wasn't supposed to be a mexican stereotype at first. I still think the hair is similar to some of the caricatures I have seen of Jews, when studying anti jewish propaganda throughout history. But I can understand if people see it the other way, although I do think we can agree on the nose at least seeming "jewish".

As i said, that's because it's based on on object based on a specific Jewish man. Not because he was Jewish, mind you, but because he was famous.

And...I don't see how it is even REMOTELY equivocal to anti-Jewish propaganda. If the nose was on Sableye...okay. If Probopass ran a bank where it stored all its money in a big pile...sure. But a big nose does not, inherently, a Jewish stereotype make. If it had a yamukkah, then we'd have a different story on our hands, though.

And...I don't see how it is even REMOTELY equivocal to anti-Jewish propaganda.
No, no what I meant is that the hair reminded me of a number of images in anti-jewish pamphlets published in Germany a while back. I didn't mean to say that Probopass acts as anti-jewish propaganda, instead I pointed out that the hair on the thing was similar to the hair type/style seen in anti-jewish propaganda. However the similarity is limited to the superficial features and you are absolutely right when you state that there is no content/lore that could be understood as such.

If that were the case I don't think he would be UU/borderline NU on smogon and most of the players that have commented on him have classed him as absolute trash. I am sure he has some fans and that it can be used if you try to work around the suck, but guess we agree to disagree on this. Obviously I don't think it's the opposite of what I said, but this is going offtopic anyways.

I don't look at a Pokemon based on tiers. I look at them based on looks in general. Sucky stats or otherwise. I choose my Pokemon because they're my favorites.

Heck, I'd use a Minun as a battler too. Just because he has bad stats it means I should avoid him? No!

I think it's stupid to love/hate a Pokemon based on stats or tiers. Especially since you're arguing to someone who hates competitive battling period. >_>

Anyway, I still think him having no users is pure bullshit. =)

EDIT: And don't try and persuade me to not use him, since I'm obsessed with him, pretty much. Yes, I'm biased. Deal with it. =P

I thought the statement that nobody uses him was a rather easy hyberbole to spot. I even stated that it must have some fans, because pretty much every pokémon in existance does. I never said he has no users and I would definitely agree that it's pure bullshit, however I would also like to point out that nobody was seriously claiming that anywhere in this thread. Quite the opposite I even stated in the post you were replying to that it has some fans and I have restated it here. Additionally I would never persuade anyone not to use a pokémon unless it was RMT and it totally didn't fit ;D

The article specifically mentioned that pokemon like Bidoof and Rattata, who are meant for early gameplay, are forgiven because of the fact that they're meant for early gameplay.

I disagree with a lot of this list, except for the Unknown and Luvdisc. I sympathize with the arguments against Beautifly, but I wouldn't call it lame -- just redundant. Mr. Mime I always found more hilarious than creepy, and it's a decent battler, too (or it was in RBY days). And Probopass always reminded me more of Luigi from the Mario games rather than a Jewish rabbi.

I would also add Sunflora, mainly because I find her to be really ugly.

Seconded, and because perhaps the only pokemon more useless than it is it's pre-evo Sunkern.

Seconded, and because perhaps the only pokemon more useless than it is it's pre-evo Sunkern.

lol, I didn't know she was that bad statwise, but know I have even more of a reason to hate her. In any case, I'm glad you agree with me. XD

I mean, in the GB games, she's just plain ugly, but in the 3D games, she becomes unforgivably ugly.

Last edited:
Nose/Probopass are based on the Moai. It is in no way intended as a Jewish stereotype.

If memory serves neither was Jynx, people just like looking for things to get mad about(although I don't think I've seen anyone who was actually mad about Probopass like people were with Jynx).

Last edited:
It's stats are trash, it's movepool is hardcore fail and it looks awful, why would you use that?

Number one, Probopass looks like God and is Epic Win. Number two, its stats are pretty good, actually. A little lacking in HP, but that's okay because of its massive defenses. Its typing and movepool are what make it utter crap in competitive battling.

I just hope no one really believes that Probopass was meant to be a Jewish stereotype, Jewish hatred never really existed in Japan, not even during WWII. Its just that it looks like a Jewish stereotype, however that unintentional purpose is just one reason I like Probopass. I mean, if they wanted to be offensive, they would have made Probopass NOT be a steel type. Jewish hatred never really existed in Japan, not even during WWII.

As for the list, I like Unown, but it is rather lame in the games. Luvdisc may have been designed in a minute, but I just don't hate it like everyone else does.

Number one, Probopass looks like God and is Epic Win. Number two, its stats are pretty good, actually. A little lacking in HP, but that's okay because of its massive defenses. Its typing and movepool are what make it utter crap in competitive battling.

Bart: Whoa cool! A big ugly head!

Because Pokemon would be soooo much better if all the monsters were powerful majestic dragons or sparkly canines, yes?

Because Pokemon would be soooo much better if all the monsters were powerful majestic dragons or sparkly canines, yes?
Nobody stated that, yes? I can see what you mean, but I do not think anyone here actually believes that and nobody hinted that they feel this way. I like nosepass but jewpass simply made it worse.

The list is pretty accurate, except for Mr. Mime and maybe Probopass, though I do agree that the latter has a bad design.

The only ones that I agree with on the list are Probopass (I never did like the pass family) and Mr,Mime, but thats because I've always found him creepy, even from the R/B/Y days.Beautifly is cute, Luvdisc could be great, if they gave it an evolution, and the different shapes of Unown give it some uniqueness.

Also, I think Delibird should be on the list. It can only learn Present, unless you do a lot of breeding or waste TMs. Also, its stats could be better.

Delibird's presents explode. I wish *I* could give exploding presents. He's automatically awesome.

Please note: The thread is from 16 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom