• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

4th Gen Trainer's Travelog

Re: Trainer's Travelog

26/03/2010

I have just started my adventure with a shiny female Chikorita called Honey and a female Sentret called Meadow. I have delivered the egg and I am heading up to Violet Town after defeating Joey and that other kid. ^-^

I'm using the Worst Wireless Router Ever to link my DS to my CAT5 home LAN. There is no way in hell that I am stepping down from WPA2 to WEP (the security equivalent of a post-it note reading "please don't rape me") full time, so I plug it in only when I'm using the DS online. The odds of anyone getting on it are low (country livin') but I'm not taking any more chances than I need to.

Seriously, Nintendo. It's WPA2 or bust for the last three or four years.

Just beaten Whitney (sooo much harder than I thought it would be). Won my first Bug-Catching Comp and heading over to the Pokeathlon Dome now

26/03/2010

I have just started my adventure with a shiny female Chikorita called Honey and a female Sentret called Meadow. I have delivered the egg and I am heading up to Violet Town after defeating Joey and that other kid. ^-^

Oh yes, I'd forgotten about it.

Congrats to all the Europeans starting your journeys today!!

And... kudos to you for getting a shiny Chikorita. How long did it take you?

Currently At: Violet City.
Gym Badges: 0
Party Pokémon:

Cyndaquil (Kade) - Level 13
Mareep (Ikimi) - Level 6
Pidgey (Eirin) - Level 10
Wooper (Percy) Level 6

Next Pokémon to catch: Gastly, Oddish.

Taking the start of the game slowly (very, very slowly) training everyone up equally (haven't trained Ikimi or Percy yet).

Also Yay, Bug Catcher Wade just gave me an Oran Berry :3

(On a side note, having trouble unscrewing the back of the PokéWalker to change it to the back that clips onto a belt...)

I defeated Falkner with ease, since his Pidgeotto didn't use Roost. Then, caught Gastly and Hoothoot, who will be part of my final rooster. Currently training them, since both are at lvl 9 and Totodile is at lvl 16.

Caught a Sentret and traded over a Machop I bred on Plat to have all three elemental punches. Trained everyone but Sentret and Totodile to level 12, then Sentret to lvl 15. Now it's evolved and fully ready to be HM slave, I won't touch her anymore.

Beat everyone on my way to Azalea town, kicked some Rockets' butts and defeated Bugsy. Again, my luck is being strange, and Scyther didn't use U-Turn. I'm feeling bored for not getting annoying by gym leaders ;-; I hope Whitney gives me a challenge even though I have a fight type. Attract, I'm looking at you...

Finally, beat the Rival (who's named SILVER for the record, and no longer Passerby Boy). His Bayleef gave me some problems (Yay), because it kept using Poison Powder -> Reflect -> Synthesis until Reflect Fades -> Reflect -> Synthesis -> Repeat last two steps.

Guess I'll stop playing for today :3

Got the game this morning. Currently at two badges.

My party:
Chikorita (Lv 14)
Flaaffy (Lv 17)
Spearow (Lv 14)
Togepi (Lv 12)
Sentret (Lv 12)

Flaaffy and Spearow were enlisted to help with the first two gyms. All but Chikorita will probably be replaced as I find more of my favourites, but Sentret will be sticking around in an HM Slave capacity. I might be sorry to let Togepi go... she's way stronger than I expected, especially with Extrasensory as an egg move.

So... here's what just happened to me. After getting something like the FIFTH call today from Joey talking about his friggin' Rattata, I took a step into the grass just south of Goldenrod, and triggered a wild Pokemon battle. With something... yellow? As it stopped there in front of me, I couldn't believe my eyes.

A shiny Rattata.

This might not seem like a big deal, but in my ten years of playing Pokemon, I have never caught a shiny from a random encounter. I chucked a Premier Ball at it and caught it on my first attempt. Now it's mine, in all its yellow glory.

See, Joey? This is what it really means to be in the top percentage of Rattata.

I have all 16 Badges now. I'm currently training to battle Red. I want all my Pokemon to be around Lv.70. (That'll be tough.) The team so far:

PR = Planned Replacement

オーダイル (Feraligatr) Lv.52
Moves: Surf, Waterfall, Focus Blast, Ice Fang

ハガネール (Steelix) Lv.53
Moves: Strength, Rock Slide (PR: Stone Edge), Iron Tail, Rock Climb

トゲチック (Togetic) Lv.52
Moves: Wish, Yawn, Extrasensory, Fire Blast

ヘラクロス (Heracross) Lv.52
Moves: Close Combat, Shadow Claw, Aerial Ace (PR: Megahorn), Brick Break

ホウオウ (Ho-Oh) Lv.52
Moves: Extrasensory, Fly, Fire Blast, Sacred Fire

ウツボット (Victreebel) Lv.32 (She's new.)
Moves: Vine Whip (PR: Leaf Storm), Cut (PR: Leaf Blade), Sludge Bomb, Sleep Powder

I just made it to the elite four and I'm so surprised that I managed to beat clair since my pokemon were horribly under leveled.

My team is as follows:

Feraligatr level 42 (female no SR required to get this :D)
Umbreon level 40 (female and I did SR for a shiny and gave up and went for a non shiny one from bill)
Heracross level 40 (male, and what a battle it was to capture this guy)
Ampharos level 38 (female, this thing helped a lot when crossing the ocean)
Furret level 36 (female, oh how I love this thing so much :D )
Magmortar level 35 (male, I ran into this guy as a magmar in the burnt tower, boy was it a surprise to me :D)

Also going to get a lapras today :)
and I'm probably going to use my HO-Oh level 45 in the elite four as well. HO-OH was quite the catch. I sent out my umbreon got off two sand attacks because HO-OH used sunny day then missed with fire blast. I kept using sand attack until its accuracy wouldn't go lower then I lowered it a ton with faint attack and quick attack till I couldn't go anymore.

Then I tossed ultra balls and switched to butterfree who pulled off excellent sleep support with sleep powder. 2 pokeballs, 2 great balls, and 18 ultra balls later I had caught HO-Oh in an ultra ball without a single loss of HP. I was amazed and proud of my pokemon :D.

heh took on the E4 and lance with a single swoop. Funny thing about lance's final dragonite is that i kept using my lugia and restoring all my pokemon and kept healing him. At the end the dragonite ran out of PP's and started to use that one move that pokemon use when they run out of attacks. Then i just sent gyarados then ended him and charizard.
Now in kanto and ready to continue.

Trying to catch Ho-oh with Repeat Balls; I've traded over 16 [since you can't buy them for some stupid reason. Go lottery woo] and my Colloseum Ho-oh for the dex entry + repeat ball bonus, I essentially decided that it'd look fairly cool in a repeat ball. My team is still the same level it was when I last reported [highest 35] so catching him has been... difficult. Let alone getting a nature that I want. I've caught him a couple times sans master ball, but they'd either been a neutral nature, or bold :/

Just got my copy today. Right now, I'm in Elm's lab resetting for a Totodile with good stats/nature.

Just got my copy today. Right now, I'm in Elm's lab resetting for a Totodile with good stats/nature.

gl on that dude, it took me 40 min to get a timid cyandaquil. as a added bonus, it has a mischevious characteristic; more sp.atk there! too bad u can't ev train in the beginning =(

I'm training up for Morty. I may stop when everyone's 25, I dunno. I've spent a lot of time on this already, and I'm way behind all my friends, but I have a tendency to grind for a long, long time. xD

Current team:
Nettie the Bayleef, female, level 25
Ninon the Flaafy, female, level 25
Renee the Nidoran, female, level 24
Horace the Noctowl, male, level 24
Selena the Gastly, female, level 23
Petunia the Raticate, female, level 22

... I just realized how full of estrogen my team is. It was a bit more balanced, but I switched some things out for this gym.

Well I caught Entei, Raikou and Suicune (and wouldn't you know ehn I'm chasing around Entei around Route 29 I find a wild shiny Pidgey what a lucky break lol) and now I'm trying to catch that Snorlax blocking the Diglett Cave

Typlosion lv56
Dragonite lv55
Lapras lv53
Ho-Oh lv50
Butterfree lv55

I finished the first round of Pokeathelon events with Charm. After you win all five medals, you are given another series of challenges. One of them is getting all five medals on one Pokemon.

I discovered the "GB Sounds" item today. I love this so much. So far this is one of my favorite items.

Oh yes, I'd forgotten about it.

Congrats to all the Europeans starting your journeys today!!

And... kudos to you for getting a shiny Chikorita. How long did it take you?

Thanks, I got lucky with about 2 hours or so for Chikorita, its quite an easy game to get a shiny starter on. :3

Update:
I'm now in Violet City with my new Mareep named Cotton. Just entered the Spout Tower and is about to play though to the top.

Played again for a few hours after a week break b/c of school.

* Won all 5 Pokeathalon Courses. I used Xatu for all of them, so I got him all 5 metals as well. Xatu rocks in the Pokeathalon. Especially when it comes to...breaking bricks. Weird for a guy who stands around all day, huh?
* Beat Team Rocket at Mahogany and Goldenrod. Used my Rhyhorn pretty much the entire time, and got it to Level 42 to evolve it!
* Beat Pryce rather easily with Electabuzz and Magmar.
* Got to Clair, but lost on my first try. I hate the level jump from Pryce to her. This game is by far the most tedious to level up in imo. VS Seeker, come back to me!

Right now, I have Feraligatr (36), Dunsparce (33), Xatu (34), Magmar (34), Electabuzz (35), and Rhydon (42). I'm tempted to go ahead and evolve Electabuzz, Magmar, and Rhydon to kick Clari's ass.

Back
Top Bottom