• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

8th Movie Information Thread (SPOILERS, of course)

The next episode of Pokemon Sunday is a special feature on the movie, with as-of-yet-unseen clips. Any chanse of it being captured and released on the net?

The Tree itself is not a (wooden) tree, but rather a mineral life-form
Just to think outside the box...another new member of the Sudowoodo family?

Maybe the Regi's are formed from the tree....and it's like becomes alive and is some behemoth combined from the Regi's energy!

Adamant said:
The next episode of Pokemon Sunday is a special feature on the movie, with as-of-yet-unseen clips. Any chance of it being captured and released on the net?

I second that motion

FabuVinny said:
What does the tree look like?

Like this;
movie8-11.jpg

Link; http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v630/Chatz/movie8-11.jpg

050708_img01.jpg

An official romanisation for Lucario? (From Panasonic Center Tokyo)

But then again, we've known that from the official trademark filing for a long time now. (It's been approved recently, as 第4864433号 on May 20, 2005)

Last edited:
The next-on preview from AG 134 may have given us a sample of either "Battle Frontier" or "Hajimari no Uta." During the preview for next week's showing of movie seven, there is a part about movie eight with a new, non-BGM song playing in the background. I sure hope it wasn't "Hajimari no Uta," as the song I heard was way too techno/fast-paced to be an acceptable movie ending theme in my book.

I think it might be Battle Frontier or some other BGM track - although it doesn't really mesh with medieval. (Movie 5's OST seemed to fit in with the pseudo-Venice well enough.)

It seems to only be medieval for the beginning of the movie.

Predictions about objects:
Crystal formations are somehow generated by Mew and the tree.
Green plant cells transport things within the tree.
The tree is where Mew evolved into the Pokemon we know of today.

Movie predictions:
The Regis were Mew's first creation who turned evil and were sealed away by humans, with Aaron helping.
The Regis will reak havok around Hoenn (no duh).
Aaron is Ash's ancestor/Dad. (hey, he could be like the dad in FMA)
Ash is the reincarnation of Aaron.
The movie will (better) explain about the origin of all Pokemon as well as Mew. (we were expecting 7 to talk about the origin of Deoxys, but noooo)
Lucario guides the waves of the origin tree to somehow bring energy to the earth, and since he has been sealed away for a while, the energy is all over the place and there isn't enough to keep the Regis locked away within the tree (lol).
The Regis are evil. (No matter HOW obvious it seems, you never know. Deoxys should had been evil, but they had to throw in the stupid friendship junk and how it was misunderstood.)
Mew is dying. (Myuuuuu :( *closes eyes* Myuu, why are you-?)
What is happening in the present happened in the past, and it is history repeating itself (within the movie, that is).
Mew and Lucario are connected (kind of like Kami and Piccolo), and need each other to maintain a balance. But, the balance goes weird, and the Regis are unlocked.
How are the Regis unlocked anyways? Maybe when Lucario comes out of the staff since Ash has come to town, the Regis sense Lucario/Ash (having the wave-guiding aura) and want to reek havoc for no apparent reason.
At the end of the movie, the Regis will be sealed away again. (Hmm, that's weird. It's kind of weird imagining them staying unsealed, but then again, having them sealed back up is also weird...)
Mew becomes active again because Lucario has come back because Ash has come into town because Ash is the descendant of Aaron who locked away Lucario.
Lucario will be all "You betrayed me Aaron!" (even if Aaron is dead) and then later in the movie, he will come to a realization and be all happy and forgive Aaron.
Hmm, just thought of this...
2 starts out with a festival-type celebration based on a legend where someone brings together orbs.
8 starts out with a festival-type celebration to celebrate the wave-guiding hero, or something, and must do what the hero did 100s of years ago in stopping fighting (or, the Regis).

That's it for now. Will edit/post in more stuff later. :)

Coronis has posted a summary of the last part of the Sho3/4 adaptation.

Water Pokémon Master said:
Green plant cells transport things within the tree.

No. Mr. Banks quite clearly states they are analogues of the white blood cells (or leukocyte, as medical student Coronis put it) - which do not transport (useful) substances (that's the job of the red blood cells and blood plasma) - they instead engulf bacteria (i.e. TR & Haruka-tachi).

The Regis will reak havok around Hoenn (no duh).

Unlikely. The movies have always been confined to one or two locales. These Regis, in particular, guard the tree, not wreak havoc.

Ash is the reincarnation of Aaron.

As previously mentioned, Satoshi and Aaron have similar (identical?) hadō signatures.

The Regis are evil. (No matter HOW obvious it seems, you never know. Deoxys should had been evil, but they had to throw in the stupid friendship junk and how it was misunderstood.)

The Regis are not so much evil as they are mechanical guardians. There's a difference between heartless robots and evil villains.

Mew is dying. (Myuuuuu :( *closes eyes* Myuu, why are you-?)

Yes, that's near the end of the movie.

But, the balance goes weird, and the Regis are unlocked.
How are the Regis unlocked anyways?

In the manga, they are simply awakened by the presence of invaders. One of the statements made by Lucario was "do not approach the tree" - this was revealed to be a translation of what Regirock said in the manga.

Lucario will be all "You betrayed me Aaron!" (even if Aaron is dead) and then later in the movie, he will come to a realization and be all happy and forgive Aaron.

All the time Lucario was locked up, his thoughts were essentially, "Why, Aaron-sama, why?" - like a broken record. About midway through the story, he realises why Aaron sealed him away. (He was about to be trampled under stampeding Pokémon.)

Meh. So the Regis speak human? No fun...I wanted them to make cool voices like their Gameboy games. *head fills up with awful imaginations of how their voices will be horrible when 4Kids dubs it* The Regis remind me of old people, such as when it said that they were chasing around TR.

Doesn't seem like anyone is a bad guy - again.

No... they speak their usual 〇#△!□, those indecipherable sounds. As usual, the Pokémon who speaks human translates.

I don't know about that, but apparently there's a "new" trailer on the site and it has BGM that sounds like Battle Frontier.

Last edited:
The background song is awesome, and did anyone notice that big satelite in one scene of the trailer?

Zhen Lin, you livein Japan right?Did you see the Sunday Special?

That's got to be "Battle Frontier"; the singer most certainly isn't PUFFY.

Actually, I think I heard "Baturu Furontier Da!" in the song.

Could anyone make pics of the trailer. My 98 makes the trailer skip most scenes

Please note: The thread is from 19 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom