• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

A gen 4 team.

How do you handle Offensive Suicune? It seems like it could be an issue for your team if Rotom gets taken down too early. It may not be too much of a problem, however, because your Rotom is running extra bulk to avoid getting stopped by Tyranitar's Pursuit and other various forms of residual damage.

I also noticed you don't have anything to directly deal with Leech Seed Shaymin. It isn't a major threat, but it's worth pointing out. You'll definitely have to be careful around it until you figure out what type of Hidden Power your opponent is using.

Once again, you've got an awesome team overall. Nice job using Raikou as an OU lead. It certainly wouldn't be something I could come up with myself.

Offensive Suicune can be checked by every pokemon on the team except Dragonite who gets outran and OHKO'd by Ice Beam. If Suicune manages to get a Calm Mind, then I could be in trouble if I don't play smart.

Scizor, Dragonite, and Skarmory are good Shaymin checks. Hidden Power Fire from Leech Seed Shaymin cannot 2HKO SpD Skarmory, while I can Brave Bird or Whirlwind. Scizor can Bullet Punch or get a Swords Dance if it happens to run Earth Power or HP Ice. If the Shaymin runs Hidden Power Fire, it means Dragonite wins.

Thanks much! This probably isn't my best team, but it is definitely up there. Raikou lead is really awesome, Seven Deadly Sins from Smogon came up with it.

Wow, it seems you put a lot of effort into this team. Good job.

One thing; Can Dragonite OHKO Metagross or KO after Spikes with Fire Blast?

Dragonite OHKO's 100% of the time even without risidual damage. ;)

Even then, why kill Metagross when I can use it against them? Skarmory can set up all over Metagross or at least switch in for free, then I can kill Metagross later.

Good point. It seems like a very solid and well thought out team. How has it gone for you though?

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom