• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

A new spriting style...

it's definantly not sharpening, it adds details that are unatainable by sharpening. Comepare this to your sharpened blaziken:
th_roboblaziken.png

And it's also not .Jpg that causes that. Look at the steelix and look at the edges on it's rocks. Think about how he does that.

It still looks like sharpening. xD

Whatevs, i'm just saying what I think it looks like. :lol:

It's called READ MY THREAD!!!!

There is a link in my shop to proper infernos! That's what it is called is an INFERNO!!!!

That isn't an inferno. This is an inferno:

Inferno_pokemon_by_Poke_girl.png

Don't get all uptight about it, your style isn't an inferno. Neither is it what PikaCal is trying to achieve. Your style is pretty simple, most spriters can do it, no need to get in everyones' faces.

I think it looks cool :]

It doesn't quite seem like sharpening for me. If it was sharpened, details were obviously added to it. Making it, technically a sprite. Just with an added affect. I think thats fine, but thats my opinion.

Except, what if the details were added by appling filters?

In my Opinion, he did it by hand.......thats just mine, because it looks a bit more detailed and intricate than what some people are saying.

I don't think he did it by hand, and if he did, that would have been a huge waste of time compared to the way I did it. And yes, my method does create as much detail as his.

Maybe we just draw mazes on the pokemon in a recoluring technique not like the green pony. After making it, Sharpen it and Walla!:bounce:

It doesn't use hand drawing or the sharpen filter.

Actually... I think he actually did use it, now that I think about it. There are two ways to do it, one is the way I used to think it was done, but then I realized that it could also be done with the sharpen filter. But it's alot more sharpening than you guys thought it used.

Edit: actually, they both make the same image, let me show you what each method looks like:
Sharpen x1:
2572s.gif

Sharpen Multi:
sharpenblaziken.png

Edge:
th_roboblaziken.png

Last edited:
Yes, I do realize that was abit of a fail.

Back
Top Bottom