• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia A Perfectly Ordinary Game of Mafia, Endgame: The Fool is You! Oracle and Survivors win! (1/5/20)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If mafia was responsible for the kill, maybe they were SK hunting?

Caps claimed survivor and I still find it weird he was still scum hunting. Normally a survivor would just play passive and want to stay neutral. Seeing that Caps flipped Cult Leader and no one died with him, my guess is that he attempted to recruit someone he thoughts was town and that player he attempted to recruit probably turned out to not be town. I'm a Survivor and I'm worried if I scum hunt I will probably get killed at night and I'll just bring in my thoughts here.

I think Pikochu is a suspect because at the night phase Caps said to Pikochu, "Are you claiming that you're not independent?" What Caps said to Pikochu this looked like he was looking for town to recruit and that's why I think Caps attempted to recruit Pikochu and Pikochu is probably not town.

Thoughts about this anyone?

What Caps said to Pikochu this looked like he was looking for town to recruit and that's why I think Caps attempted to recruit Pikochu and Pikochu is probably not town.
with no player beyond your ability to command.
This suggests that his recruits don't have to be town-aligned. However, being aligned with only himself suggests that his recruitment did fail for some reason. Maybe the person he tried to recruit was myuma and she commuted?

Caps claimed survivor and I still find it weird he was still scum hunting. Normally a survivor would just play passive and want to stay neutral. Seeing that Caps flipped Cult Leader and no one died with him, my guess is that he attempted to recruit someone he thoughts was town and that player he attempted to recruit probably turned out to not be town. I'm a Survivor and I'm worried if I scum hunt I will probably get killed at night and I'll just bring in my thoughts here.

I think Pikochu is a suspect because at the night phase Caps said to Pikochu, "Are you claiming that you're not independent?" What Caps said to Pikochu this looked like he was looking for town to recruit and that's why I think Caps attempted to recruit Pikochu and Pikochu is probably not town.

It sounds logical, but that alone doesn't seem like much of a reason to be suspicious of Caps' reason for asking that question. Might just be me, though.

This suggests that his recruits don't have to be town-aligned. However, being aligned with only himself suggests that his recruitment did fail for some reason. Maybe the person he tried to recruit was myuma and she commuted?

Him attempting myuma could also be possible. If he did try to recruit myuma, then why would he target someone who he suspected last day?

This does make sense. In the normal scenario, a Cult Leader can recruit only Town members and can die or lose a bulletproof if they try recruiting a mafia member, from my prior experience from mafia games. However, in this case, as correctly pointed out by DawningWinds, Caps had no such restriction as they could recruit any person having any alignment. It doesn't look like Caps died by recruiting incorrectly, but someone actually killed Caps, which could either be mafia or SK.

Him attempting myuma could also be possible. If he did try to recruit myuma, then why would he target someone who he suspected last day?
If he genuinely though myuma might have a killing role, he might've tried to recruit her in order to eliminate a potential threat.

Caps, how could you betray my trust like that?? You told me you were the flavor cop!!! Oh well, it’s a good thing we lost the Cult Leader N1 at least.

That’s an oddly specific assumption to make of the (possible) Mafia. :unsure: Any particular reason you felt like saying this?

Caps claimed survivor and you didn't even know he claimed survivor?

Caps claimed survivor and you didn't even know he claimed survivor?
Okay, what I’m about to say might be unexpected, but once you see it, it will change everything.

I “picked up” on his “flavor cop softclaim” as a joke. :v

Also, I don’t find it surprising in the least that Caps would be scumhunting as Cult Leader. Mafia or other harmful indeps threaten Cults too, not just Town and Survivors.

Whoever killed Caps probably thought he was a Survivor like the rest of us believed. They didn't do anything suspicious on the first day. Pika_pika42 makes a good point that it's unlikely to be a mafia kill. So to me, it seems like Caps was randomly picked, not specifically targeted. The only role I can think of with a motive to kill randomly is SK, but people more experienced at Mafia than me might know other possibilities.

That’s an oddly specific assumption to make of the (possible) Mafia. :unsure: Any particular reason you felt like saying this?
It was the only reason I thought of as to why the mafia would go after a claimed survivor instead of someone like Mido who has an actual role that does something. Otherwise it feels weird for someone to do such a thing.

No particular reason why I said it though, just popped into my mind, so I suggested it.

Btw I'm only assuming that mafia exists because we have non-indep claims that include a townie. But I'm unsure if that train of thought is correct.

I HAVE RECEIVED IT!!!!!

My vision from Glaux has come.

The first threat falls, slain by a foe,

Only two threats are left to go.

One threat strikes consistent each night,

The other bides time before starting their light.

They hide their identities while hatching their plans,

Uncover their lies and bring all to an end.

@MegaPod
I really shouldn't post while I'm half-asleep...
What I meant was I agree with Pika that Caps probably wasn't killed by trying to recruit someone who was mafia. That, and I don't see any reason for the mafia to target Caps, makes me think it's unlikely the mafia killed them.

Mido's vision seems to confirm there's an SK, which is what I think killed Caps.

Yeah, judging from the text in Mido’s revelation, I agree that it sounds like we have an SK and an Arsonist (the latter being the variant that primes multiple victims for death before burning them all at once).
That all makes sense.

But where does that leave us right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom