• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia A Perfectly Ordinary Game of Mafia, Endgame: The Fool is You! Oracle and Survivors win! (1/5/20)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If myuma hasn't been counterclaimed by this point, I'm assuming they really are the other lyncher.

Unvote: myuma
Vote: Pikochu

This is not our regular mafia, this is a game with different indeps with their individual win-cons. Considering this, even if I find Pikochu to be suspicious and most likely to be the arsonist, voting for him now would mean playing against my win-con. My win-con states that I need to survive till the end of D4. If we lynch Pikochu today, and he indeed turns out to be the arsonist, the game could probably end today due to lack of any other killing roles, which will make me lose.

If we think about allowing maximum indeps to win, I think lynching MegaPod to help him achieve his win-con is the best way to go.

Vote: MegaPod

Endgame
Endgame: The Fool is You!

D3 Votals:
Pikochu (4):
myuma, Midorikawa, Tood, Pika_Pika42
MegaPod (2): DawningWinds, MegaPod
Myuma (1): ThatAsianInTheCorner

“So, Piko?” Midorikawa confirmed with her voting buddies.

“Piko.” Tood and myuma responded.

“Did I just hear that you’re lynching Piko?” CO said as he came in through the door.

“Yeah, that’s right.” myuma replied.

"Oh, this is gonna be fun." Lone said, rubbing his hands together with glee. The standard confetti burst erupted from Pikochu's feet as CO recited his role PM to the group.

Pikochu was lynched, they were a Serial Killer aligned only with themselves
Hi there Pikochu, your role in this game is perhaps the most ordinary role in all of mafia; you are an Arsonist.

Your goal in this game is the rather standard win-condition of being the last player remaining alive. To help with this goal, you have the ability to “Prime” and subsequently “Ignite” other players. During the night phase, you may give another player the “Primed” status by typing “Prime <target> for ignition” into your role PM (primed players will not be informed for their status). During the night phase, you may also “Ignite” all primed players, killing them all at once. You can do this by typing “Ignite” into your role PM.

You are aligned only with yourself and win once you are the only player left alive, or nothing can stop this from happening.

Somewhat surprisingly, an entirely different form of explosion happened as Lone called a short fanfare and gestured to Midorikawa, who was smiling smugly as fireworks erupted around her.

Midorikawa has won the game! They were an Oracle aligned only with themselves
Hi there Midorikawa, your role in this game is perhaps the most ordinary role in all of mafia; you are an Oracle.

Your goal in this game is nothing short of the complete eradication of all players with night actions in this game. To aid in this goal, at the beginning of every day phase after D1, you will receive a riddle which may be shared with the game thread, the answers to which will point you towards the players with active night actions. You know, pretty standard stuff.

In addition, you have a post restriction. All posts made in-thread by you must be worded in an overly grandiose and flamboyant manner. Your first failure to comply with this restriction will result in a warning, further failures may result in modkill or substitution. Run your posts by a host if you’re uncertain.

You are aligned only with yourself and win once all players with night actions are dead.

Your victory will end the game.

"Thank you all ever so much for helping me with my victory." Mido said, bowing to the rest of the players.

"And since that victory explicitly ends the game..." Crystal Onix began

"We're in Endgame, yo!" Lone finished as another series of fireworks erupted around the Tood and Jinjo, who cheered and high-fived each other.

Tood and Jinjo have won the game! They were Survivors aligned only with themselves
Hi there Jinjo, your role in this game is perhaps the most ordinary role in all of mafia; you are a Survivor.

Your only goal in this game is possibly the simplest win condition of the entire game. Live. You have no powers to help you achieve this goal, so you must rely only on your wit and your own vote as tools.

You are aligned only with yourself and win if you are alive during the endgame.

However… There might be something a little less ordinary about you...
Hi there Tood, your role in this game is perhaps the most ordinary role in all of mafia; you are a Survivor.

Your only goal in this game is possibly the simplest win condition of the entire game. Live. You have no powers to help you achieve this goal, so you must rely only on your wit and your own vote as tools.

You are aligned only with yourself and win if you are alive during the endgame.

"And now that we're in Endgame," Lone said, "let's see who else hit their wincons, shall we?" Everybody waited for a moment, waiting for more fireworks. None came.

"Oh," Crystal Onix said, "Oh dear." He then pulled out a list and recited the failings of the other players.

"MegaPod has lost, having failed to get himself lynched, though not for lack of trying." Megapod crossed his arms and sulked as red lights and a buzzer sound erupted around him, signalling his loss.

MegaPod has lost the game, they were a Jester aligned only with themselves
Hi there MegaPod, your role in this game is perhaps the most ordinary role in all of mafia; you are a Jester.

Your only goal in this game is the incredibly standard win condition to get yourself lynched. You have no powers to help you achieve this goal, so you must rely only on your wit and your own vote as tools.

You are aligned only with yourself and win if you are lynched

"DawningWinds, much like MegaPod, has lost for failing to be night killed."

"For what it's worth I did tell you guys to kill me."

DawningWinds has lost the game, they were an Unjester aligned only with themselves
Hi there DawningWinds, your role in this game is perhaps the most ordinary role in all of mafia; you are an Unjester.

Your only goal in this game is the incredibly standard win condition to die during the night. You have no powers to help you achieve this goal, so you must rely only on your wit and your own vote as tools.

You are aligned only with yourself and win if you die during the night

"Pika_Pika42 has lost for failing to meet his lynch target."

"What did you expect!? We had a no-lynch D1!"

Pika_Pika42 has lost the game, they were a Brawler aligned only with themselves
Hi there Pika_Pika42, your role in this game is perhaps the most ordinary role in all of mafia; you are a Brawler.

Your goal in this game is simply getting into some fights and having some fun by lynching a bunch of people, you really don’t care who. You have no powers to help you achieve this goal, so you must rely only on your wit and your own vote as tools.

You are aligned only with yourself and win once you have participated in the lynch wagons of at least 3 other players.

"And finally, myuma and ThatAsianInTheCorner have lost for failing to see to the death of the other."

myuma and ThatAsianInTheCorner has lost the game, they were Lynchers aligned only with themselves
Hi there myuma, your role in this game is perhaps the most ordinary role in all of mafia; you are a Lyncher.

Your goal in this game is the death of your mortal enemy, the game’s other Lyncher. But be careful, because they want you dead just as badly as you want them dead. You have no powers to help you achieve this goal, so you must rely only on your wit and your own vote as tools.

You are aligned only with yourself and win once the other Lyncher is dead by any means.
Hi there ThatAsianInTheCorner, your role in this game is perhaps the most ordinary role in all of mafia; you are a Lyncher.

Your goal in this game is the death of your mortal enemy, the game’s other Lyncher. But be careful, because they want you dead just as badly as you want them dead. You have no powers to help you achieve this goal, so you must rely only on your wit and your own vote as tools.

You are aligned only with yourself and win once the other Lyncher is dead by any means.

"And, well, that's the entire game." CO said, putting away his list. "Thank you for playing and we hope you all enjoyed the game." Pikochu raised his hand.

"Yes, Piko." Lone said.

"What the actual fuck." Piko deadpanned.

"You're... Gonna have to be more specific there buddy."

"This entire game!" He shouted. "No Town, no Mafia, just all different kinds of indeps! This isn't Ordinary in the slightest!"

"Oh, well, as for that, why not take a look at the date the sign-ups were first posted?"

"April 16th." MegaPod said plainly.

"Yyyyyyyeaaaaaaahhh, development may have taken longer than I'd planned, but uhhh, April Fools!" Lone and CO made a pose as a banner unfurled from the ceiling behind them reading "You've all been pranked! This game wasn't Ordinary at all!" The result of this was mainly groans and facepalms all 'round, even from the winners.

"Man, we got 'em good." CO said to Lone, the pair grinning widely. The group of players slowly began to mill out of the room, grumbling all the while.

"Seriously all this trouble"
"Couldn't even bother to get it out on time"
"I dunno I thought it was kinda funny"

@Midorikawa, @Tood, and @Jinjo have won the game!

So, there we have it. Congratulations to @Midorikawa, @Tood, and @Jinjo for winning the game, and thank you all for joining, be it as a player, sub, or a spectator. Also I must say that it is absolutely incredible that the only players to die in this game were the hostiles. I don't think I've ever seen that happen before. I And now, as is traditional, a quick round of questions for the players should they feel like answering.

Did you enjoy the game?
This game was very... Unique. What did you think of the concept?
What did you think of the balance?
What did you think of the flavour text?
If you could change one thing about this game, what would it be?
Would you be willing to play another game with this kind of setup?

Midorikawa MVP

Cultist dying early really changed the game.

Midorikawa MVP

Cultist dying early really changed the game.
It changed more than you know. If Max hadn't killed him, he would have recruited you and removed your powers and wincon, completely different game

Congrats Mido, Tood and Jinjo. GG everyone.

Did you enjoy the game?
Yes, I liked the game, it was interesting.

Very unique concept of having only indeps. It was perfectly ordinary and incredibly bastard, just as promised.

I don't know how to judge this game's balance as it only had indeps. It must have been tough to balance it out.

Flavour text was nice.

I would have liked to be more active and the game should also have been more active. I should have tried to push a D1 Lynch and not crumble under pressure at the end there.

I would like to.

We did it! Congrats to Mido and Jinjo, too!

Did you enjoy the game?
I think I did, in the end. I thought it was a bit slow, but the ending was super cool and made up for that.

I think an indeps-only game was a nice idea. I like the concept behind having three different hostiles in a game.

I'm not an expert on these things by any means, and given the level of bastard, I really can't say much.

Absolutely wonderful!

I feel like nobody really wanted to do much at the end. Half of the non-hostiles didn't have any need to try hunting the threats down because of their wincons, and I feel as though that may have hurt the level of activity later on in the game.

Most certainly! I think bastard games in general are super fun because of how unpredictable they can be at times.

Edit: What was up with Jinjo's survivor role..?

I feel like nobody really wanted to do much at the end. Half of the non-hostiles didn't have any need to try hunting the threats down because of their wincons, and I feel as though that may have hurt the level of activity later on in the game.
I was kinda hoping that the exact style of setup would take longer to sort out than it did, but then four Survivors claimed at once and people got suspicious really quickly. I was hoping that more people would use early-game confusion to push their own wincons a bit more, but you're right, half of them didn't even really need to try. It's one big thing of weirdness.
Edit: What was up with Jinjo's survivor role..?
Basically, if she died, she'd turn into a Restless Spirit and gain a new win-con: kill the person who killed her. If she reached that then she'd still win even if she died.

Standard’ my ass!” Midorikawa accused.
I don’t curse. Failure.
Midorikawa, who was smiling smugly as fireworks erupted around her.
Thank you all ever so much for helping me with my victory." Mido said, bowing to the rest of the players.
Now that sounds like me.

And thank goodness I’m done with the post restriction. I‘m sorry if I sounded mean at any point. most annoying post restriction and I couldn’t think of a better way to do it.

But wow that game was pure luck.

@Max1996 For the record, I chose you because you were the only survivor I could remember off the top of my head. But the main thing with your lynch was a lack of attempt to save yourself. You could have tried to push it off onto one of the survivors but you didn’t. I didn’t post a lot this time because of my restriction, but I was active enough and you can always try to push for more acitivity.

LG. Never base another role off of Olive again. Never. The vision thing is kind of cool, and helped me to choose to hunt our arasonist and know how close to my wincon I was. But that post restriction. So annoying.

@Max1996 For the record, I chose you because you were the only survivor I could remember off the top of my head. But the main thing with your lynch was a lack of attempt to save yourself. You could have tried to push it off onto one of the survivors but you didn’t. I didn’t post a lot this time because of my restriction, but I was active enough and you can always try to push for more acitivity.
I thought it would stand out too much if I did.

And thank goodness I’m done with the post restriction. I‘m sorry if I sounded mean at any point. most annoying post restriction and I couldn’t think of a better way to do it.
You had a post restriction? Here I thought you were being yourself xP

That was a fun game to watch, shame it went by so quickly, always a bit disappointing when one side gets curb stomped (in this game the hostiles) but what can you do.
Can't wait to see what April Fools game comes next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom