• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia A Perfectly Ordinary Game of Mafia, Endgame: The Fool is You! Oracle and Survivors win! (1/5/20)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welp. Congratulations to the winners. Never thought I’d literally fail my first stint as a Jester, but hey, live and learn. :confused:

Did you enjoy the game?
Yeah, it was fun. Though it was getting kinda frustrating not getting that lynch I wanted :v

This game was very... Unique. What did you think of the concept?
I like the idea of an all-independents game! I actually had an idea for something like that, myself, just...never got it into the execution stage yet. Not surprising when I can’t even secure my own execution

What did you think of the balance?
I’d say it was very well done! We were quite lucky to have every hostile faction eliminated so soon. I mean, y’all could’ve afforded at least one non-hostile lynch, right? R-right?!

What did you think of the flavour text?
Simple but effective, well done! And way to go on including that MegaPod character, I really felt for him.

If you could change one thing about this game, what would it be?
To somehow have made myself appear more lynch-worthy, of course. I swear, the one time I wanna look bad...

Would you be willing to play another game with this kind of setup?
Of course!

Kudos to the winners. Really bummed I couldn't last past the first phase, I was really excited to be a Cultist! I don't think I've ever had the role before, but I definitely am looking forward to the next time I am fortunate enough to rand the role!@myuma sorry you got thrown for a loop with this game being your first mafia game :p not all games are like this one, I highly encourage you to sign up for the mentor game if you haven't already!!

Did you enjoy the game?
Absolutely.

I love how you basically took Everybody Is Jester Mafia and took it one step further. Figuring out that everyone was an independent was really fun; unfortunately, I don't think the surprise will work twice.

I couldn't really tell if there was balance tbh.

Perfect for the game and its theme.

Maybe not having roleclaims? That would have added another level of complexity and I feel like we would have gone around three days without figuring out the game's secret.

Absolutely, if you can figure out how to make it work.

Did you enjoy the game?
I enjoyed the game and seeing that I was a survivor, my whole approach was to pretty much play passive. I felt if I was to scum hunt, I would get the feeling I would have gotten killed at night.

I start to wonder how the game would have been if Caps didn't die and successfully recruited so many players till endgame. The game did look like it was in favor of the hostile indeps winning.

The flavour text was funny and I liked how the players names were showing up.

Nothing that I can think of.

Normally I don't like playing a game with cults in them and I try to stay away from that. I'd be willing to give this setup another chance and play.

Wait, it's already over? And though I lost, I didn't get lynched in the end, so... yay?

Did you enjoy the game?
Yeah, I did.

This isn't something I can intelligently comment on, sorry.

It was pretty good!

Hmm... On my part, I probably should have learnt more about mafia before jumping in. But that's not something about the game itself.

Sure, though I think I should play some actual ordinary mafia games first. :p

Did you enjoy the game?
Honestly I’m neutral on it. I didn’t hate it but it was so inactive after day one that there was nothing to enjoy.

I think it’s a cool concept but execution might need work.
I have no idea on the balance.

flavoru was good.

Id def play another like this.

one things I’d change is my post restriction. I thought mega had one with how he was talking. But nooooo. Only me. You’re lucky I won LG!

Aw man, darn! I thought I got away and being arsonist! Ah well. Fun game though!

Did you enjoy the game?
Oh yeah. Bit twisty but it's an interesting setup.

Likewise, I thought it was interesting that everyone is ITP.

Think we need more killing roles and actually more stuff for the killers to claim.

Can't judge on that.

Definitely more anti-survivor roles.

Of course!

LG. Never base another role off of Olive again. Never. The vision thing is kind of cool, and helped me to choose to hunt our arasonist and know how close to my wincon I was. But that post restriction. So annoying.
Yeah, that's fair. I may have leaned into it a little bit too much.

From my experiences, people will actively not lynch claimed jesters because they consider it a waste of a phase.
This is kinda funny because from my experience noone believes jester claims and usually lynches them lmfao
I feel like you're more likely to get vigi shotted if town has one and isn't sure who to hit though
I guess it depends on the game and players

This is kinda funny because from my experience noone believes jester claims and usually lynches them lmfao
I feel like you're more likely to get vigi shotted if town has one and isn't sure who to hit though
I guess it depends on the game and players
if this was a normal game then people might not have believed mega. But this was indeps only so it was clear that he wasn’t lying. But with arsonist left, it wasn’t worth the risk. If we had killed arsonist and cultist first then we could have helped some other indeps win, but arsonist was a bomb waiting to go off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom