• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

A "Wow, I should have figured that out a lot sooner" thread

I actually ALSO thought Red was Ash, to the point that it came up when I named Championshipping >.<. To be fair though, I had four different series of Pokemon Manga in Chinese, and every single one of them used 'Satoshi' as the translated name for the main character.

I thought RageCandyBar raised happiness in Silver version, so I fed Eevee a lot of them. As a result, I did not get Espeon for a long time...

in pokemon diamond i knew how to move around but i didn't know how how to walk up the stairs!also i thought the battling would be the cards,which i don't like anymore!:blush:

I remember on yellow getting lost in Mt Moon cause it was dark in there and I got lost for 2 or so weeks! I kept getting frustrated because everytime I thought I was getting somewhere, I ended up in a pokemon battle with some wild pokemon and it was annoying me cause practically every other step I was encountering a wild pokemon.

The first time I tried to play a Pokemon game (by snagging the Pokemon Red cartridge my little sister owned at the time), I couldn't figure out how to get out of the player character's room. That was frustrating and utterly stupid.

Lets see until I played FireRed I only raised my starter. So in Blue I had a level 60+ Blastiose(I was about 6 when I played that game and had no idea how to beat it and gave up when I could not beat the elite four). in Crystal I had a level 100 Typhlosion(he has since Crystal been my favorite starter because I finally started to understand the games in Crystal but I was still too young and naive to think about "strategy"). In Ruby and Sapphire I had a level 50 or higher Marshtomp because once again(well ok I also used the legendary after I caught it). Well it took me until I was 14 but I was opened up my FireRed and put it into my Gameboy advance. It was a bad idea because he is not that good against Misty(he learns metal claw which makes him able to beat Brock). I got really mad and was about to start over when one of my friends told me to just go out and train my other pokemon. I decided to listen to him. After beating her I decided that it is ok to use other Pokemon and I eventually stacked up my team.

Also back in Crystal I tried for hours to get past the guy standing in Silph Co. thinking that there was some secret way around him. I also tried for hours to follow this rumor that if you clicked on the poster at 7 at the gamecorner in the morning on saturday it would allow you into the Rocket base but I eventually gave up on that one.

You would not believe how many times I have tried to get past people that will not move. Even when friends tell me "how" I still couldn't do it. Yeah, I gave up.

I also fell for, "Hey, did you know you can get 7 Lugias and 7 ho-ohs in Silver and gold respectively?"

I spent an hour looking for one of the clowns in Jubilife City when getting the Poketch coupons in Platinum.

Then I spent leik 3 years trying to get the running shoes in the original Red version.

That and trying to get rid of the guy on the ground blocking the path in Viridian City on Firered.

Thinking back on playing Pokemon games in past:

Anyone else have the problem in D/P where you thought the route blocking access to Mt Coronet (the route in snow to get to Spear Pillar) was blocked by grunt and thought you had to do something to make the grunt move? (the one that says ("I'm hopelessly lost! Please don't pay attention to a lowly grunt without any Pokemon!") I had that problem for a long time before I figured out the right route you had to take. (this:)

4vh8tg0.jpg

Also in Sapphire I wondered why I had a lv71 Staryu and it did not evolve and found out I needed a water stone for that but had two ludicolo and no water stone and did not realise you could find shards on certain pokemon to get another stone so I felt stuck without one. (Actually I did not know about shards on pokemon in R/S/E until the other day)

Getting through some Gyms in Sapphire was not easy, like Larvaridge, I kept going through same holes and not ending up at leader. Think Winona I had troube with too (one with the doors you have to move certain way)

Also the sootopolis gym in R/S where you had to walk over ice squares in a certain order to get to leader had major problems with for a long time. It was the squares you had to walk on in right way to get to Wallace I had problems with as I kept falling through them. Took me weeks to get the hang of that part and finally get to leader.

sootopolis.png

I just discovered where to find your friend code in Diamond. Was talking to the nurse constantly being told no-one was registered and wondered why she never thought to say, By the way, this is it.

Today when I realized the Scizor I've been EV training has a bad nature! Agh.

In Crystal when I thought if you hit "SEL" for one of your key items you could sell it. I tried to sell my bike about 50 times. I was 8 and didn't know better. :p

Today when I realized the Scizor I've been EV training has a bad nature! Agh.

I did that with a Skararmory, it was so bad at lv50 that it got 1HKO'd by a lv50 tauros tackle. Its defense was about 53 or something crap and its other stats were not much better, its speed was so slow nearly every pokemon went first before it. The I tried breeding it with my hoothoot to hope for a better skararmory egg, but forgot and it hatched out as a hoothoot! Wrong gender skarmory. Oh well, I have a nice hoothoot with steel wing which I am EV training.

I did that with a Skararmory, it was so bad at lv50 that it got 1HKO'd by a lv50 tauros tackle. Its defense was about 53 or something crap and its other stats were not much better. The I tried breeding it with my hoothoot to hope for a better skararmory egg, but forgot and it hatched out as a hoothoot! Wrong gender skarmory. Oh well, I have a nice hoothoot with steel wing which I am EV training.
Aww! Well the Scizor is already at a really high level so I think I'll just finish EV training it. I'm not super competitive anyway, more of a coordinator. Still it's a shame about the Hardy nature...

I did that with a Skararmory, it was so bad at lv50 that it got 1HKO'd by a lv50 tauros tackle.

...yeah... no. It'd only OHKO a Skarmory with Tackle if the Tauros had +6 Attack and the Skarmory had -3 Defense. ._.

I started playing pokemon two years ago (I was hoorible at saving money and my family hated video games)
I had many problems in Diamond
First I didn't know how to get into Floroma Meadow
I had no idea to get strengnth
I didn't pay attenchen to what Saturn had said about the Veilstone Galactic building so I got so fustrated over what to do I started a new file
I freaked when I figured out I managed to capture Dialga with a master ball (yes I was that stupid) and ended using it for the rest of the game until Lucians Bronzong kept on killing me thats what lead me to come here

Amazing how much I've learned in the last two years but there's still little details (like ivs) I dont get

Also when I borrowed my friends copy of ruby
I got fustrated by the sootoplis gym puzzlr
Also the trick master house when it had a puzzle simular to forrtree city gym it made me want to pull mt hair out and I still think it wasn't worth it

When I played Crystal for the first time and got Box 1 full, I thought that I had to release Pokémon so that the box would have room for new Pokémon. Fortunately I found the other boxes soon.

Just realised it took me ages to figure out how to get past the psyduck blockage beside the maid cafe where you get moomoo milk. It frustrated me so much, that I gave up playing the game for a while

...yeah... no. It'd only OHKO a Skarmory with Tackle if the Tauros had +6 Attack and the Skarmory had -3 Defense. ._.

It was something like that (might not have been tackle, but something that should not have 1HKO'd a skararmory)I think it was because I had it too many rare candies instead of EV training it and thinking this was a quick way of getting a high level pokemon. I screwed up 3 pokemon this way and not doing it again.

Level 87 Skitty, only my level 100 Blaziken was stronger. Nobody told me a Moon Stone evolved it... and I still somehow missed Assist.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom