• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Advanceshipping General Discussion

Re: AdvanceShipping Nation

I can't even remember the last time I was here and you guys are talking about sausages... -_____-

Well to be perfectly honest I'm just here to say hi...

And how about a new topic:

What would the first words Ash and May share after being sepearated so long AND meeting each other sometime during their respective journeys?

What would the first words Ash and May share after being sepearated so long AND meeting each other sometime during their respective journeys?

"Hi" if we're taking Ash's foolish density as a factor here. Assuming he's matured a bit and sees women as more than friends, he might say, "I missed you" or something to that affect, because he's still a dense idiot. If he's become a Romeo, "Oh, May, my darling, I missed you so. You, me, we belong together, baby."

What sausage flavor resembles Ash and May's relationship?

I'm not going near that.

I can't imagine Ash saying anything more complex/deep than a simple "Hi!"

Yeah, can we please kill the whole sausage thing?

Now that that's done, here's a little something I just realized yesterday (and should've figured out long ago), when thinking about all the references we've (and by that, I mean mostly I've) made about Princess May and Knight Ash: in Spanish, there's a term--Principe Azul. (Just insert the emphasis on the first "i" as I can't do that with this keyboard.) It's used to mean "Prince Charming" or "Knight in Shining Armor," but its literal translation is "Blue Prince." (Don't ask me why they went with blue; they just did.) And then I remembered that Ash's Hoenn outfit was mostly blue--the hoodie and the pants. Coincidence?

What sausage flavor resembles Ash and May's relationship?

beef sausage...its meaty and tastes nice...esp with sauce

im hungry now...

I thought we killed the sausages...

Alrighty, new topic.

What planet represents Ash and May's relationship?

I got this by looking at DarkDream's signature. I'd say Earth. Everything is perfect. It's the only planet that can support life (much like this is the only Ash or May ship that carries any proof) and has the perfect amount of everything to keep things going strong.

Now, to add another topic...

Assuming Ash and May do get together, who asks the other out?

This one is easy. May asks Ash out because Ash is such a dense idiot that he be to embarrased to make the first move. Oh, and Max would tease the hell out of him, too.

That cute little troublemaker Max can put a cork in it. XD

I have to say Saturn, possibly because I think the countless rings around Saturn parallel the depth of Ash and May's relationship. And because this fifth rock from the sun is a gas giant, it could vaguely represent the two's enormous love for food.

May would most likely ask Ash out, due to the presence of her once increasing crush on him. She would probably feed it to him nice and slow, and maybe plot Max out of the picture for his dubious foolishness :p.

Well, I have to agree with AlexTheRose on Saturn. And they do have an enormous love for food, so a giant gas ball would be accurate... XD

Now that that's done, here's a little something I just realized yesterday (and should've figured out long ago), when thinking about all the references we've (and by that, I mean mostly I've) made about Princess May and Knight Ash: in Spanish, there's a term--Principe Azul. (Just insert the emphasis on the first "i" as I can't do that with this keyboard.) It's used to mean "Prince Charming" or "Knight in Shining Armor," but its literal translation is "Blue Prince." (Don't ask me why they went with blue; they just did.) And then I remembered that Ash's Hoenn outfit was mostly blue--the hoodie and the pants. Coincidence?
Alright since I am very well educated in Spanish culture let me have the honors in explaining.
To prevent spam I'm putting it in a spoiler for whoever cares. IF not, continue below.
There is no such word for "Charming" in the context that we use it in Spanish, since this is literally ripped right out of an American Fairy Tale. However this Spanish equivalent is based off of a similar Spanish Prince hero known as Princípe Azul. So this is the connection.
I would also like to add that Ash in Pokemon Movie 8 (the first movie where Ash and May show mutual true love feelings, not just crushes) was dressed up in a primarily BLUE price suit, as this was Sir Aaron's aura color (and Ash's as you find out later).

To the topics at hand...

Honestly, I can imagine Ash running up and giving May a hug. Completely out of friendship, but this is very much like the emotional Ash's style. He'd probably only say "HI MAY! How was Johto?"
May on the other hand, being a total romantic freak...well she'd say something like "It's so GOOD to see you again Ash," with a sparkling/glazed look in her eye.

Ash. He may be slightly dense, but that's worn off a bit whenever May's around (hehe I wonder why). Also, when put under pressure, he's quite a manly and powerful person. He makes pushes for himself and for the better and can push his limits. Which includes relating to girls in any sort of romantic way (poor Ash)...

Alright since I am very well educated in Spanish culture let me have the honors in explaining.
To prevent spam I'm putting it in a spoiler for whoever cares. IF not, continue below.
There is no such word for "Charming" in the context that we use it in Spanish, since this is literally ripped right out of an American Fairy Tale. However this Spanish equivalent is based off of a similar Spanish Prince hero known as Princípe Azul. So this is the connection.
I would also like to add that Ash in Pokemon Movie 8 (the first movie where Ash and May show mutual true love feelings, not just crushes) was dressed up in a primarily BLUE price suit, as this was Sir Aaron's aura color (and Ash's as you find out later).

I've also heard the term Principe Encantador, so I guess that's the closest to "charming" that it gets. And nice observation on Ash's costume from Movie 8, though now I'm mad at myself for not noticing.

Wish we could get some more fan art in here. I would, but I suck at drawing. We've been pretty low on art lately.

Assuming Ash and May get together, who ask the other out?

Muahahahaha Drew because he is destined to be their matchmaker.

DRABBLE TIME

He promised him that they would see each other and meet and chat the night away but nothing happened. The raven hair boy gazed out of his bedroom window. He could hear his mother calling him over and over again; telling him it was time to go. But Ash refused.

"Just a little longer." He thought. "Just one look. That's all i ask."

He placed his hand on the glass and fixed his eyes on the only road that lead into Pallet. His mother's voice grew louder as she raced up the stairs. Her angry was wiped away when she found her son looking into the distance, all depressed.

"Alright, another five minutes, then we have to go to Unova. The plane will leave us." Ash nodded while still looking at the empty road.

He waited so long. He couldn't wait to come back home. She promised him. She promised! He sighed and walked to his bench of collected trophies from his long journey in the Sinnoh region. He smiled at all his awards and flashbacks of his time in Sinnoh poured back into his mind but as he reached for the last one, his smile was wiped away from his face. he softly traced his fingers over the wooden figurine before grasping it into his hands.

Beside from the ribbon he treasured so dearly this was just as important. All his memories with her came back to him, both the good and the bad. Ash couldn't endure any more and placed the figurine back with the others and sighed.

"She's not coming. Maybe she is still busy with the Grand Festival."

"Nope." Ash's eyes widen with shock. He turned to where he heard the voice. Ash's lips couldn't help but smile.

It was her, May. He oldest and closet friend.

"What's with the news that your leaving to Unova." May pouted as she crossed her arms. "Couldn't you wait for another day?" Ash laughed at May's childish behaviour. "What's so funny?!" She growled.

"It's just i missed seeing you and your funny facial expressions." May's anger quickly faded away. May blinked at her mentor.

"You missed me?" Ash calmed himself down before nodding. She smiled and grabbed his hand. "That's great. so did I!" She cheered. May looked at the clock and noticed it was time for Ash to leave once more. the happiness soon faded between them. "Why don't we talk about our journeys in Johto and Sinnoh while your heading to the port? I have some many things to tell you." Ash smiled warmly at her.

"I'll love that."

Assuming Ash and May get together, who ask the other out?

Muahahahaha Drew because he is destined to be their matchmaker.

Lol, i'll love to see that!

DRABBLE TIME

He promised him that they would see each other and meet and chat the night away but nothing happened. The raven hair boy gazed out of his bedroom window. He could hear his mother calling him over and over again; telling him it was time to go. But Ash refused.

He placed his hand on the glass and fixed his eyes on the only road that lead into Pallet. His mother's voice grew louder as she raced up the stairs. Her angry was wiped away when she found her son looking into the distance, all depressed.

"Alright, another five minutes, then we have to go to Unova. The plane will leave us." Ash nodded while still looking at the empty road.

He waited so long. He couldn't wait to come back home. She promised him. She promised! He sighed and walked to his bench of collected trophies from his long journey in the Sinnoh region. He smiled at all his awards and flashbacks of his time in Sinnoh poured back into his mind but as he reached for the last one, his smile was wiped away from his face. he softly traced his fingers over the wooden figurine before grasping it into his hands.

Beside from the ribbon he treasured so dearly this was just as important. All his memories with her came back to him, both the good and the bad. Ash couldn't endure any more and placed the figurine back with the others and sighed.

"Nope." Ash's eyes widen with shock. He turned to where he heard the voice. Ash's lips couldn't help but smile.

"What's with the news that your leaving to Unova." May pouted as she crossed her arms. "Couldn't you wait for another day?" Ash laughed at May's childish behaviour. "What's so funny?!" She growled.

"It's just i missed seeing you and your funny facial expressions." May's anger quickly faded away. May blinked at her mentor.

"You missed me?" Ash calmed himself down before nodding. She smiled and grabbed his hand. "That's great. so did I!" She cheered. May looked at the clock and noticed it was time for Ash to leave once more. the happiness soon faded between them. "Why don't we talk about our journeys in Johto and Sinnoh while your heading to the port? I have some many things to tell you." Ash smiled warmly at her.

"I'll love that."
Quit it Midnight. Nao. Before you make someone angry at your skill. (Namely meh) :mad:

DRABBLE TIME

"I'll love that."
Quit it Midnight. Nao. Before you make someone angry at your skill. (Namely meh) :mad:

Lol, didn't mean to offend anyone. Haha, blame my inner advanceshipping head. It won't give me a break. XD It wants to write Ringer but i don't want to. ahaha.

I wonder how May would react to Ash's new eye job...
CORRECTION! His new REVEALED eye job.
He's always had brown eyes...just they only showed in his most emotional moments (it was one of the minor things that we ADVshippers used as proof, since they appeared when dealing with intimate moments with May more than any other time)

Well, I'm back, as brief as it may seem, as I've been sort of overloaded with many different projects and positions… I wonder if I've inhaled too much responsibility? ^^'

An AMV got me thinking of this thread, so I decided to come back and give a shout – As you already know, I'll be sharing it ;)
[video=youtube;G4EEz1dx500]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4EEz1dx500[/video]

I think the song itself is what did it for me. The sounds have that electronic beat that I love so dearly, and the lyrics are touching, but not mushy, if you catch my drift.

I recall most of the mainstream/popular AdvanceShipping AMVs being released in the years of 2007 to 2008/2009, right after the end of the Advanced Generation. The only other video I saw released within a year on the first page of the search besides my vid had only what, 600 views? :/ Here's my search – Sorry, I don't know how to sort YouTube URL garbage, I can only do that with a Google search.

Back
Top Bottom