• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Advanceshipping General Discussion

Re: AdvanceShipping Nation

Luciferix[The fucking best there ever was lol] Okay where to start.....well he told me for "puppeteers wishes" that he had a number of quotes to start off with and just revolved the story around them. Also whenever he had a sudden click of inspiration,he would take a note down on his phone.

Yeah, with me, it all starts with an extremely simple idea, and as the idea grows I put it down in my notes app on my iPod

And new topic before they say something. Of all these years, why are you still an advanceshipper? What kept you in?

I don't think I've been around long enough to say I've been "kept in". But I'd say the fanfiction, and whenever I read to re-energize I look at fanart. Once I guess a new laptop, maybe I watch the advance generation again... idk.

Of all these years, why are you still an advanceshipper? What kept you in?

Well,actually I thought it was boring at first last year.I mean that last year I quit from being advanceshipper(Not sure though) and go to do something else.

But after that,after I have a lots of free time.I had nothing to do so I search Advanceshipper again.

Then I looked after fanfiction,re-watch pokemon(Some episode of Diamond,black-white,etc.(Almost every seasons),pictures then I realize even it was about 4 or 5 years had passed.Ash and May still look cute for each other so I came back to being advanceshipper once again and try to find advanceshippping comics as many as I can.

I think that's it for me.That's why I came back then soon after I checked my own old fics(2 years ago) I then realize that 1 of my story was good!(Whoa!) Grammar was better than I expected! So I guess,I'll give it a try this time.

Fanfics and fanart. Whenever I get out of it, I just re-read that same fic you've heard me talk about thousands of times and I get right back into it.

Also, it looks like I'll be sitting out of the one-shot contest, as I'm really starting to get into Adaptation.

Fanfics and fanart. Whenever I get out of it, I just re-read that same fic you've heard me talk about thousands of times and I get right back into it.

Also, it looks like I'll be sitting out of the one-shot contest, as I'm really starting to get into Adaptation.

Awwwww D:

Oh well, maybe next month.

Shit.....so who is entering? I think we need to change the final date to confirm who and hoe many will ne participating. It'll be boring if its just me and gengar.

Wewant to make this thing happen. Me and gengar already started. Is there anything at all that is keeping anyone from entering and if so how can I or gengar help?

Is there anything at all that is keeping anyone from entering and if so how can I or gengar help?

Like I stated before, Adaptation. I'm trying to focus on making that as good as it can be.

Is there anything at all that is keeping anyone from entering and if so how can I or gengar help?
Nothing for me. I'm entering I just need to finish writing the story first :p

1. Well,I'm studying but that not gonna keep me away from entering so don't worry about that!
2.My fics in my country web-site.Since it not an advanceshipping fic and it was also my own language(Thai).Nobody can help me about that but I'm almost done the latest chapter so I'm sure I can enter :)

I just need to look for my free time and think about story for a bit and since my grammar was pretty bad,I need sometime to learn more before writing a fic.

Hope I got some good idea for the one-shot though.I'm not really good with one-shot cause I like long-story better.(I write a fic in my own language better and pretty good,I guess)

Well, I'll post the current rules for the contest again so we got it all in one place

Write an advanceshipping one-shot revolving around the theme "Wishes".

1) Entries should relate to the theme (wishes) in some way
2) The entries must be one-shots, no more than 5k words
3) 1 entry per contestant
4) Deadline for entries May 29
5) Unless other wise specified, contestants may not receive any help from others. This includes beta reading.

Oh dear, might have a few problems there. Anway starting Following the Red Roses. IF anyone cares.

I don't know, maybe because Pokemon is my childhood.

@beastmode953: Ah i see, your stalking us AS writers. hmmm, i feel less secure now. XD But i guess thanks for saying i'm great in plots and emotions. I'm flattered. ^^;

School, but thats only 2 days a week so its really coming to laziness. I mean haven't even started Ringer chp12 yet. oops, But yeah, motivation. idk,

Do you have a personal favorite author that you take inspiration from that writes Advanceshipping fanfics?

LuciferXI, WingsofRain. TheShinyGengar, Gerbilftw and so much more.

Last edited:

Nothing for me. I'm entering I just need to finish writing the story first :p

Sweeeeeet. Can't wait to read it :D

I just need to look for my free time and think about story for a bit and since my grammar was pretty bad,I need sometime to learn more before writing a fic.

Actually, your grammar is pretty good on the forum. :)

Oh dear, might have a few problems there. Anway starting Following the Red Roses. IF anyone cares.

??? Like what? o_O

School, but thats only 2 days a week so its really coming to laziness. I mean haven't even started Ringer chp12 yet. oops, But yeah, motivation. idk,

Aw, you can do it! Even if you do dominate us all XD

The time might be an issue, but I should be able to get it done if I don't procrastinate.
I had forgotten about shipping until two years ago when I discovered all these pictures and could rewatched the advance generation! I don't think I could ever stop being an advance shipper. Their relationship is too special for me do not ship them together! XD

Actually, your grammar is pretty good on the forum. :)

Hell yeah! I'm really appreciate your compliment xD!

But when it come down to writing a fiction.It kinda hard to place conversation and such a definition about place they are now.

I'm not really good at describing something.That's why I need to learn a bit more before doing anything :)

2 things I suggest to change.
1) Allow any word length. If they ramble, that's their problem. If its long but perfect, props to them. 5K is WAYYYYY to short a limit anyway.
2) Be more formal. Like either a) make another thread for it or b) consistently establish who the current judges are, the current contestants, the current rules, etc.

If I may make a suggestion to make a quicktopic thread on this competition to reduce clutter in the main thread? One person can start it and PM a link to everyone who wants to be involved.

Of all these years, why are you still an Advanceshipper? What kept you in?

Well, I haven't really been an Advanceshipper for that long. I'd say it's maybe been a year now. I was more into the games, the battles, and the anime to really think about the romance. What keeps me in, however, is the fact that they look so good together and are so much alike. People say that May's just a female version of Ash, but it's more than that. May's basically the girl that actually gave Ash some maturity out of all of the other girls. Dawn was probably the only other girl that did this to an extent. May gave Ash the most maturity due to his mentoring her. Misty and Iris just belittled him as a "little kid."

Is there anything at all that is keeping anyone from entering and if so, how can Gengar and I help?

As I said before, I'm just too busy with my other fics to do one at the moment. Yes, I'm out of school, but I start online summer classes at the beginning of next month and I want to try and start the big movie fanfic for "League of Ultimates" sometime this month. Also, I'm working with someone who shall not be named, but they know who they are, on a special project that we're going to work on together. Don't know when that's going to be coming out since we're still planning every single little detail of it right now. Besides that, I'll be trying to write a few chapters of my two main fics to try and have some chapters ready to upload once I finish my movie fanfic. Maybe some other time if I have the time.

I'll make a new thread to talk about the competition, do I post it in the Shipper's Paradise or is there somewhere else?

I'll make a new thread to talk about the competition, do I post it in the Shipper's Paradise or is there somewhere else?

I don't think we have any policies about user-run shipping competitions just yet (which is why I offered an alternative site for discussion). I'll talk it over with @Insanish Danish ; and get back to you on that. What I know you CAN do for sure is use the blogs to outline and advertise the competition like I've done in the past. I am very interested in the idea of user-run competitions for the shipping section and hope that there will be some developments to come from this discussion.

I do, however, acknowledge that there are users on this thread that may not want to participate, which is why I'm reluctant to let it continue in this thread.

Back
Top Bottom