• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Advanceshipping General Discussion

Re: AdvanceShipping Nation

What would you say if you found out that May and Ash had gotten together off-screen in a far prior episode? What episode would you think it to have taken place in?

For me it would be some time after A Full Course Tag Battle. Possibly even during the Wllace cup.

At what point during the AG series did you first start liking/supporting Advanceshipping? Did any particular episode(s) make you interested? Or did something else draw you to the ship?

Pft, since the first episode. I fell in love with them so quickly. XDDD But i did stop watching then came back to it when i got emerald. wow, that's going way back.

What would you say if you found out that May and Ash had gotten together off-screen in a far prior episode? What episode would you think it to have taken place in?

Can we include movies? Movies 8 and 9 would both be perfect for that.

Can we include movies? Movies 8 and 9 would both be perfect for that.

I would suppose so.
I do agree though, maybe shortly after all of the temple stuff got fixed.

Just got a great freaking idea. Mind you, completely changes EVERYTHING.

What would happen if there were in fact no contests EVER? So May ends up becoming a Trainer. How would it affect all of this stuff?

I'll answer later. :p

Last edited:

What would happen if there were in fact no contests EVER? So May ends up becoming a Trainer. How would it affect all of this stuff?

How to put this...gym battles would be repetitive and kinda unnecessary if you think about it. Furthermore there wouldn't be any point for May to travel w/ Ash if they're gonna tackle some gyms so either she'll be like Bianca/Casey to travel on her own and collect badges off-screen or it'll be like Misty again although there's an exception since Tate/Liza are gym leaders so May and Ash can battle both of them.

Hey look guys, i made a new AMV, its not my best but is it alright if i share it with you all?

~PKMN~ Start again - YouTube

It could work both ways. You could say because they are both trainers they would work and train with together more. Spend with each other more but yet if they were both trainers there would be no need for May to travel with Ash so she could just trainer by herself and bump into Ash at a gym or something like that.

They wouldn't be with each other as much and they would see each other as rivals. And because of their rival-ship it would be hard for their feelings to move up towards lovers because they are rivals. I mean think of your rival, now do you ever see it happening for you to fall in love with that person? A rival is somebody you want to beat, not somebody you want to fall in love with.

With friends, there is a better chance for this to happen. You trust that person, you like being near that person, that person makes you happy and friends and with you no matter what the situation happens to be.

We should be glad contests were introduced in Gen 3 cause if not, advanceshipping might not be as popular as it is now.

Last edited:

^Firmly agreed, rivalry would spark a lot of unneeded arguments, and confusion. Knowing those 2, went they're heated, they'll blow

Now that I think about it, it was a dumb question.
I have to agree with the points already made.
Don't know how my mind managed to make it seem so good.
:p

Anyways, new topic since that one seems to have a unanimous decision upon it.
Could somebody else make one? I'm currently out of mind fuel. :p

Was going through my photobucket and found a few screenies

image002my0.jpg

I love this one \o/ Like, it'll like Ash and May are on their own journey, and Brock and Max on another

064.jpg

WE JUST KNOW YOU LOVE ADVANCESHIPPING, PIKACHU. WEEE JUUSSSTT KNNOOOWWW *SHOT*

064.jpg

WE JUST KNOW YOU LOVE ADVANCESHIPPING, PIKACHU. WEEE JUUSSSTT KNNOOOWWW *SHOT*

I always found the idea of May visiting Ash so suddenly after the Hoenn League being a little interesting. I don't remember any other girl rushing over to Ash's house, only to (if I recall correctly) just find out after the fact that there are contests in Kanto (which, if true, would also assume she went for Ash specifically).

I love the implications of that. Maybe May was hoping to get something accomplished, but her little brother had to arrive and be a cockblock for Ash as always *an entire magazine of bullets is unloaded upon me*

I'm back again......
i was sooooooooo busy

i heard that someone was out of ideas
so lets get into the halloween spirit
What are ur favorite pics of our lovely couple in costumes??? (it doesn't have to be halloweeny....just any costume)

What are ur favorite pics of our lovely couple in costumes??? (it doesn't have to be halloweeny....just any costume)

Well, there is no pic of them being in my favorites for both. But my favs are "Arab Princess" May (still waiting for a Japanese Princess >X(, and "Sir" Ash (you know, the knightly one). However, there is none of May in her "Arab" outfit with Ash in his knightly outfit, so sorry, no picture. :C

Sry let me edit the topic

What costumes would u like to see our lovely couple in?:D???
i would go for their costumes in the anime anyway but i don't think putting them in pokemon costumes would be to bad either
ya know.....Ash as pikachu and May as Eevee (or Glaceon which ever u prefer)....

Hmm...I actually like the Egg Plant and Nurse Joy one. Seems more quirky and 'them' =P

I know this has been posted to death but...

PkmRanger.jpg

WAKMNRGMWAUIOSHFJC IRG IS THIS ACTUALLY FROM A TRAILER? ;A;

OH and here for cuteness

satoshihurt2.jpg

:'3

Hmm...I actually like the Egg Plant and Nurse Joy one. Seems more quirky and 'them' =P

I know this has been posted to death but...

PkmRanger.jpg

WAKMNRGMWAUIOSHFJC IRG IS THIS ACTUALLY FROM A TRAILER? ;A;

:'3

God yes, It was only in the Japanese trailer. I think, man what i would do to see that scene in the movie! i can't rant about it enough! God, i hate the person who put this out the movie! grr.

Playboy outfits. XDDD Something really cute. That's all i want.

Now that I think about it, it was a dumb question.
I have to agree with the points already made.
Don't know how my mind managed to make it seem so good.
:p

Anyways, new topic since that one seems to have a unanimous decision upon it.
Could somebody else make one? I'm currently out of mind fuel. :p

Don't feel discourage. It's good to make these these of topics so people here on the forum can discuss these types of 'what if' outcomes. I like talking about these things.

Topic, alright then:

What would Ash and May do for Halloween?

Meh, i'll answer later.

I've always loved the ones where Ash and May are wearing their Movie 8 costumes. May looks so lovely in that gown.

Well, to sort of continue the theme, I would like to see May dressed as Princess Peach and Ash as Mario (minus the mustache). Another pink gown for May to wear...

What costumes would I like to see them in?

In their birthday suits when they're in the same bed *gets mauled viciously* the clothes they wore during movie 8, those were teh epics.
Also, May dressed up as a Pokeball and Ash dressed up as a random pokemon.
(If you get the joke, you not only have a terrible, TERRIBLE mind, but you get a cookie.)

I'm also likely to be the official 'wrong'shipper in this thread (meaning, as of yet, all my plans for AS fanfics result in... well... things that are unsuitable for younger viewers.)

Last edited:

May dressed up as a Pokeball and Ash dressed up as a random pokemon.
(If you get the joke, you not only have a terrible, TERRIBLE mind, but you get a cookie.)
I think almost half of us would know...-____-

How about...
-Wailord(Ash)/Skitty(May): Doesn't have to be any X-rated stuff going on, just poking fun on the concepts of HSOWA
-Youngster Joey(Ash)/Rattata(May): I'm thinking of doing fanart on this.:-D
- Blitzel or Zebstrika(Ash)/Ponyta or Rapidash(May): Who doesn't wanna dress as a pony for Halloween?
-Randy 'The Macho Man' Savage (Ash)/Miss Elizabeth(May): For the wrestling fans out there, also Randy Savage(RIP) and Miss Elizabeth(RIP) were married irl OOOOOH YEAAAAAAAAAAAH
-Finn(Ash)/Younger Version of Princess Bubblegum(May): Would look cute, I love dat episode when Finn and PB were pranking on the Lemon head guy.XDDDDDD
-Lost Silver Red(Ash)/Lost Silver gold(May): Yeah I know I've stated that b4 so I'm doing it again for old time's sake

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom