• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Advanceshipping General Discussion

Re: AdvanceShipping Nation

WTF!? I don't understand why the Movie Maker slideshows are the ones with 131 thousand+ views, and the ones that we're made with effort and real tools (programs that cost a fistfull of money) have what, six hundred views?

I tried racking PD+’s site using HTTrack to collect the images contained within, but it only picked up the index page, and left out the ever illusive blog posts I’ve found two of.

Also, I know why nobody cares about that AMV I made. I know, it's not good at all, and I should practice a lot more than what I did, use a song with words in it, and buy some paid video editing software. All of these things except the third I am considering, and hope to make a much better and more enjoyable video for you people to watch :\ ;)

Also, I’ve found one virtually unseen piece of PD+’s artwork (Yay!). I founding after digging for like an hour through his website that’s apparently not in English or Japanese. I have the proper character sets on my computer so I don't think it’s only me, but if you look into the HTML code, it’s apparently sending non-existent character codes to be parsed by the browser (you know, the good ol’ “&#___;”) o_O.

BeautifulManaphy.jpg

WTF!? I don't understand why the Movie Maker slideshows are the ones with 131 thousand+ views, and the ones that we're made with effort and real tools (programs that cost a fistfull of money) have what, six hundred views?

I tried racking PD+’s site using HTTrack to collect the images contained within, but it only picked up the index page, and left out the ever illusive blog posts I’ve found two of.

Also, I know why nobody cares about that AMV I made. I know, it's not good at all, and I should practice a lot more than what I did, use a song with words in it, and buy some paid video editing software. All of these things except the third I am considering, and hope to make a much better and more enjoyable video for you people to watch :\ ;)

Also, I’ve found one virtually unseen piece of PD+’s artwork (Yay!). I founding after digging for like an hour through his website that’s apparently not in English or Japanese. I have the proper character sets on my computer so I don't think it’s only me, but if you look into the HTML code, it’s apparently sending non-existent character codes to be parsed by the browser (you know, the good ol’ “&#___;”) o_O.

BeautifulManaphy.jpg

It's because they have been on YT longer than the good ones, and the ones that make good AMV's are not known yet. Like authors or artists that are new to a certain fandom. it takes a long time before you get the reception you have been wanting from the start. for me it was 4 years in the writing area, some take longer or shorter than that. Like ES181 it only took her 2 years to get known very well in the Pokemon fandom.

Just because nobody commented on your AMV doesn't mean it's good. (i watched it and its not that bad.) If you want to make really good AMV's i suggest use Song Vegas Pro. they have much more better features than Movie Maker.

I've seen that image before or are you talking about another image?

Whew been a week since I came here. Seems like forever xD
What color do you think could represent AdvanceShipping?
I'm not sure, maybe like a light soft purple?? Ya know, clash of red and blue and all that magic x)
@AlexTheRose, it's a really nice slideshow ^-^. To be honest I'm not really into slideshows(unless they go with the beat of the song or something) ^^;; but yours was really cool!! Loved the art in there and I'm pretty sure you'll improve ans be super famous YouTube star ;DD
I really love the AMV DarkDreams shared ^^. I've watched it before and gave me all these goosebumps :DD STILL LURVE IT!! :DDDD
And I just love that moment Ash and May had at the Sea Temple. I mean sure, he may have done that to his other friends as well. But the way Ash grabbed her hand and guided her into the Sea Temple was just gorgeous and emotional.
And here's the thing that always gets me with that moment. Ash could have easily allowed May to help him save the Sea Temple. I mean, she was helping him before with putting all those crystals within the sea crown. But as soon as he saw the danger involved and the higher chance of not surviving, he immediately knew he had to get May the girl he will obviously love forever |D and the Pokemon safe.

Plus I really loved that Ash went after May into the Sea Temple. May left in order to protect Manaphy and Ash went after May saying "May, no!!"(I think lolz) x). You can tell that he went after May to look out for her.
Yah I fail at describing xD But it was still a touchy 3-second moment nonetheless :DD

Anyhow I checked on FF.net and I realized that a really good Advanceshipping author posted a recent story (although it's already completed since I fail at life ^^;;. His username is LuciferIX and he's a REALLY good writer!! He wrote a long time ago and now he's back. I'm almost done reading it and it's SO good so far. I suggest reading it if y'all have time (((:)
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7513913/1/The_Puppeteers_Wishes

Last edited:

Whew been a week since I came here. Seems like forever xD
I'm not sure, maybe like a light soft purple?? Ya know, clash of red and blue and all that magic x)
@AlexTheRose, it's a really nice slideshow ^-^. To be honest I'm not really into slideshows(unless they go with the beat of the song or something) ^^;; but yours was really cool!! Loved the art in there and I'm pretty sure you'll improve ans be super famous YouTube star ;DD
I really love the AMV DarkDreams shared ^^. I've watched it before and gave me all these goosebumps :DD STILL LURVE IT!! :DDDD
And I just love that moment Ash and May had at the Sea Temple. I mean sure, he may have done that to his other friends as well. But the way Ash grabbed her hand and guided her into the Sea Temple was just gorgeous and emotional.
And here's the thing that always gets me with that moment. Ash could have easily allowed May to help him save the Sea Temple. I mean, she was helping him before with putting all those crystals within the sea crown. But as soon as he saw the danger involved and the higher chance of not surviving, he immediately knew he had to get May the girl he will obviously love forever |D and the Pokemon safe.

Plus I really loved that Ash went after May into the Sea Temple. May left in order to protect Manaphy and Ash went after May saying "May, no!!"(I think lolz) x). You can tell that he went after May to look out for her.
Yah I fail at describing xD But it was still a touchy 3-second moment nonetheless :DD

Anyhow I checked on FF.net and I realized that a really good Advanceshipping author posted a recent story (although it's already completed since I fail at life ^^;;. His username is LuciferIX and he's a REALLY good writer!! He wrote a long time ago and now he's back. I'm almost done reading it and it's SO good so far. I suggest reading it if y'all have time (((:)
The Puppeteer's Wishes Chapter 1, a pokémon fanfic - FanFiction.Net
Luciferix inspired me to write hes just so good. you picked a great fic to read.Also read How Lucky Can A Guy Get. Its what turned me into an Advanceshipper. Hope you write one yourself also. I really want to see more aamayl fics.
@AlexTheRose Sorry about that. just saw your video and like you said even if there was no lyrics i liked seeing some fics i havent seen before. How long did it take?
@DarkDreams Great video. loved it. never heard of the song but i enjoyed the scenes.

I haven't been on here in forever... School keeps me busy...
No clue. However, I think it'd be something along the lines of a blue or a red.

Well seeing as it's 4AM, what better way to celebrate than come to the Advanceshipping forums ^3^
Gosh I need better sleep habits. Oh and a life would be cool too ^^;
@beastmode953: Wow that's so cool that he was your inspiration ^.^ I finished reading Puppeteer's Wishes today and I really enjoyed it. I was kinda sad of his author note at the end though :/ But his fics shall forever remain on FF.net YAY!!! And actually, I think every Pokemon fic of his EXCEPT How Lucky Can a Guy Get(and the 2stories that follow up it) xD. Hm, I might give that a shot since I have nothing else to read at the current moment ^^;;
And I've been meaning to write a oneshot for the LONGEST time, but I'm kinda busy (and lazy) to actually do so ^^;;

And during the last two days, I've been working on a banner and FINALLY completed it x) It would have been up Friday but I only needed one more pic and could. NOT. find it. I litterally spent 2 hours on that picture -A-;;. I found it though, so we all geese ^_~
I think I did a fairly decent job on it, especially since this was a last minute type of thing. I really don't like the text imo but meh curse my experimenting :/
advfinalb2.jpg
What do you guys think?? :DD

*crosses fingers*Hopefully I put this pic up right ><

I'm guessing yellow can be a color to represent, it's a color which expresses happiness and knowing both Ash and May are always that happy so yeah.=P

@advance4ev, wow that banner looks really good but apart from it, I think the image of May to the far left looks off...but you still did you best on it.:)

Ok, I will try to stop lerking so much.

I am going to be totally unorigional and say purple because Ash wore a blue hoodie and May wears red. Then add the bias that purple is the color of the local univeristy (GO K-STATE!!) If not purple, the maybe pink or white to show purity and passion.

Alright I'm sorry, but for some reason it won't recognize the "]" in my post for Spoiler...
[SPOILER said:
advfinalb2.jpg

[/SPOILER]
What do you guys think?? :DD

*crosses fingers*Hopefully I put this pic up right ><
That looks awesome. I don't see why you dislike the text...it adds a a nice mellow mode to the banner. BUTTT...I'm not the artist here ;)

1st off I have a super important question...
Does anyone have a link to an important fanart I can't find ANYWHERE? It looks like Suzu's style...but I can't say for certain because I have never actually seen the signature...
It's a picture of May in her Sinnoh clothes (Green bandana, orange top) and Ash has his Hoenn hat on backwards. May seems to be in Ash's arms (can't tell...only have seen the face part of it) because she is a good foot taller than Ash and is leaning towards him. May's eyes are closed, and her mouth is open. They're both smiling like they're having the time of their life. They both have the hairstyle and blush characteristic of Suzu...
I think I've described it enough. If someone could send me a link or something, I would adore it because I have searched Suzu's website FOREVER for it...then again I don't think I know where I am when I navigate it sooo...don't be surprised if it's like the first picture you see ^^'.

2nd thing...
I am super filled with nostalgia right now after watching LoveAndHeartbreak's AMV of Vanilla Twilight [video=youtube;KbjNW7SdO_I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbjNW7SdO_I&feature=BFa&list=PL8A3CEEF16405BD51&lf=plpp_video[/video]
Check it out. It's made me think...what if?

I mean what if Ash and May never see each other again? It's a harsh possibility, but unfortunately a possibility all together...D"X

Also, what if they do see each other again? What will happen?

I can't be the only person who's noticed the fact that we are ZOOMING through Unova right now...English Dub is going to start off second season at gym number 4! That is an entire gym ahead of 3rd and 4th gens. SO considering the rate we're going, unless Pokemon plans on doing something super huge and time-consuming (Plasma? I hope not. They're obviously going to be showcased eventually, but please don't take up half a season...), it looks like we're done with the Unova League AT THE LATEST halfway through the 4th season of gen 5. So what are they going to do with that time?

Also, compared to the goodbye's of Dawn, Brock, Misty, and Tracy, the goodbye with May was more...like a momentary farewell. There was no crying embrace, there was no episode dedicated to the goodbye, there was no nothing. It was a long handshake, followed by a smiling wave goodbye on a boat. That isn't a typical anime "Farewell for a long time, because I probably won't see you much anymore." goodbye for two close friends. That's more like a "We'll see each other again soon. Good luck on your journey."

Maybe I'm just crazy :)

Thats..Completely plausible. Seriously, it was. It sounded like Ash and May were going to keep in contact and not drift off. That adds a plus to the fare well. I was disappointed, but now I can see a plus :p

ಠ_ಠ I think not…

Ugh, gotcha.

Alright. Fine. I'll make a post.

Who's hungry?
I know when Ash divided by zero on accordance of May's actions, and here it is, the fabled infamous beach bikini scene from episode 294:
MayBikini.jpg

Look at the way Ash shrugs along with his sweatdrop… Perfect! <3

As much as I want to agree on your point in your last two paragraphs @PorahgonX, I have to unfortunately disagree on it; here's why. I have etched onto a pattern that Nintendo is following with female companions' anime reappearances: The companion gets an anime generation (exept for that wretched Misty, who technically got two) as part of the main cast, and then gets two to three episodes as a special feature in the following anime gen, and nothing after that, as Nintendo is apparently hesitant on reusing old characters, according to some.

Okay, I might've gotten carried away with the links… I've been marooned here for a while, and it does get monotonus ^^;

I have to get back before they find out I'm gone p_p.

Ciao4now!

@DarkDreamsI remember that ep.,I pretty much laughed at that scene.

Topic!
What kind of Disney movie would you put Ash and May in?

(Disney films made me do this.....)

Last edited:

@AlexTheRose - Ah, yes, that episode is my win all end all cannon of death to rain upon those who try to bash our ship.
They, for some reason, have a very hard time countering that point.

On the verge of a possibility for having Ash and May not being reunited may be cringing for some but sometimes we gotta move on...sorta...I can imagine if Ash and May to reunite if they happen to battle any of the Plasma grunts in a double battle; Ash would sent out Samurott while May uses her Blaziken and the two would use a fire/water combo to finish off the grunts.XP That would be so awesome.:-D

What kind of Disney movie would you put Ash and May in?

The kinds of Disney movie that I'll put ash and May in, I'm thinking of Finding Nemo and the Incredible ooh and 101 Dalamtions, one of my favorite non-princess nor Tinkerbell movies.XD

1. With Finding Nemo, it's basically setting out to find the little guy so assuming that Movie 8 did involve Pikachu ending up missing in my head canon Pikachu must've hit on the booze too much and passed off somewhere and Movie 9 having its setting on the sea, I can imagine Ash and May teaming up to find Pikachu.:p

2. The Incredible, really good movie and It'll be great to have the two annnnnnd friends to have superpowers.

3. 101 Dalamations,or better yet 101 Bulbasaurs?XDDDDDD Yes have both Bulbas to end up together and their trainers too as a result while starting a family until TR came along to steal 'em all.:p

Last edited:

I'm aware that the topic has changed already but I really wanted to answer this one.

I'd have to say red, a bright and powerful red. I can't really put it into words but I suppose scarlet since it's the shade closest to what I'm trying to describe.

The reason being is that I find it to fit the both of them very well. Ash, from the start of his journey to now in Unova has always had an air of determination to him. To get what he wants by trying his best and never giving up, an admirable trait he taught to his (loving) student, May. It's also fitting for their rage moments (lol), mess with their food and things are bound to get bloody...That color shows how similar they are to eachother, their potential to be together. Ash taught May alot of what she knows about Pokemon and LIVING LIFE, Drew taught her some shit about contest yes but Ash made the girl who thought nothing of pokemon as nothing but an excuse to travel to love them as much as he does. If May is upset Ash cheers her up, if Ash is upset May calms him down. They know eachother so well because they taught eachother alot due to their student/teacher- bestfriends relationship.

The most (perverse) notable reason in my eyes however...It can show how perfect and real their love for eachother could be. With their personalities, I can find them being a couple at the cutest, random-est at times to being the same way during their "intimate moments" to straight out "rough fun" destroying the damn bedrooms of Petalburg Gym. Their personalities mix so well, for all the right reasons and I find the color red describes those reasons.

Ok, that's it for my failure post. .-.

@PorahgonX, I have to unfortunately disagree on it; here's why. I have etched onto a pattern that Nintendo is following with female companions' anime reappearances: The companion gets an anime generation (exept for that wretched Misty, who technically got two) as part of the main cast, and then gets two to three episodes as a special feature in the following anime gen, and nothing after that, as Nintendo is apparently hesitant on reusing old characters, according to some.

Yeah. I am aware of this. There's just...something weird going on there. But unfortunately I agree with your disagreement.

@TanktheAggron
Because they don't have their own point to counter that. Duhh ;)

About the part w/ each female companion returning pattern may be true as Misty made a reappearance during Hoenn and appeared again in the beginning of the BF saga while May only appeared for the Wallace Cup yet Dawn got a sp. about her coming to Hoenn so to me, I feel as if Dawn may not make an appearance DURING the BW! saga. So I believe the pattern will break....:T

Before Insanish Danish goes Ape all over us, how about we start another topic.
What would you say is the type of relationship May and Ash have? I'm kinda curious about that one.

A lot of people say it's a more romantic relationship, which i find ironic considering Ash's nature. Does make sense based on May's I guess.

Some say it's a more medieval, chivalrous relationship. I see this one pretty well, considering Pokemon Movie 8 and 9 and the COUNTLESS times Ash has rushed to May's rescue.

Personally I think it's evolved. In the first 3 season of Advanced Generation I would say it was a more "I have a crush on you , you have a crush on me, but we just won't admit it to each other's face even though it's so obvious." (Try condensing that into one word hehe ;)) In BF it was more the chivalrous, mature kind of relationship. I think now it's more of a longing to admit to each other, but regretting it's too late to do that. (Although we didn't see what happened off-screen in the Wallace Cup...I know that's Farfetch'd (teehee) and really stretchin' it, but all the same...yeah)

What do you guys think?

EDIT
ONE MORE THING GUYS!
I've been searching around on YouTube and I've found an amazing AMV'er who is a new and active poster! She is foreign clearly, but has great English all the same. She has amazing skill as an editor, picks great songs, and has some neat stuff. She posts VERY frequently, and I think it's only fair to give 'er some love, eh?

HER CHANNEL

Her name is Sapphire, but appears to go by Sapphy.

CHECK HER OUT NAO :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom