• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Advanceshipping General Discussion

Re: AdvanceShipping Nation

if you were somehow transported to the pokemon world,which character would you be and how will you get ash and may together?.

I would be Drew. I'd ruin my own image, and give encouragement for May to talk to Ash and confess. Basically, I'd do what Shiny Gengar did in Harley and Me. And if May "likes me", I'd talk her out of it. Think about it! It's win win! Otherwise, I'd be Ash and just go up and confess to her, although that would be hardly fair. ^_^'

if you were somehow transported to the pokemon world,which character would you be and how will you get ash and may together?. Giovanni cuz I'm Ashs daddy lol and ill teach him some common sense. Lol.

And we know how much he needed it Lol.

if you were somehow transported to the pokemon world,which character would you be and how will you get ash and may together?

Maybe Dawn that way I'll try to make them admit their feelings for each other during the Wallace Cup.

if you were somehow transported to the pokemon world,which character would you be and how will you get ash and may together?.
I'd totally be Pikachu! I could plot genius ways to bring them together and no one will know! I could probably bring in all the pokemon for assistance as well! XD

We know how much Ash puts himself in danger MANY times. So, what could May do in order to save his life, just as Ash has done for May? I think May has saved his life just by being there. He would be the same stubborn headed kid that just did things as soon as he thought of it. Now he kinda had to think of his actions since he wanted to set a good example for May and Max. I think he would still be an idiot if it wasn't for her.

Well he can still be an idiot but not as much. Unova really fucked up his character. kidkidkidkidkid stupid bitch. and yeah congrats guys. were at 5800 posts. almost at 6000

That is quite true. May uad mostly kept Ash stable through the advance series. Diamond and Pearl did ok, and Unova just screwed it over. May did well in stabilizing Ash. Bravo beastmode, bravo.

Back in his Kanto/Johto days, he was a stubborn and immature kid, just like now in Unova. When he arrived in Hoenn, his attitude was much more better than prior to AG. When Ash gets mad, It takes a while for him to cool down. But when May tells him to stop, he just stops. Movie 7 and Movie 8 is an example!

In DP he was okay, but Unova *facepalm*. It seems like the writers don't care about Ash anymore :/

If you were somehow transported to the pokemon world,which character would you be and how will you get ash and may together?

This feels kinda weird to say... But I kinda want to be Harley... and use his strange and crazy nature to hook them up or something...

If you were somehow transported to the pokemon world, which character would you be and how will you get ash and may together?

I think I'd be Drew (Fun Fact: Drew is my name in real life.) because he and I are just so similar. We're cruel, sarcastic bastards, and I think I'd use my wit to get Ash and May together, such as picking on one of them and making the other stick up for them. Sounds like fun.

^ lol that made me laugh. And someone do Paul. Im a sarcastic bastard too but I can't say what I'm about to say because its a pointless post. Its the end of the month and cops are giving out tickets to finish their quota. I feel like infractions are just Like tickets lol. Now back on topic. If i was professor oak I would somehow relate may to pokemon to get Ashs attention. That dense idiot

^ lol that made me laugh. And someone do Paul. Im a sarcastic bastard too but I can't say what I'm about to say because its a pointless post. Its the end of the month and cops are giving out tickets to finish their quota. I feel like infractions are just Like tickets lol. Now back on topic. If i was professor oak I would somehow relate may to pokemon to get Ashs attention. That dense idiot

Oak would somehow manage to get Ash and May together while banging Ash's Mom? That would be awesome. Yes, I added that last part in, but we all know why Oak sent Ash out on that adventure...

Alright let me see, I'd be Paul, hook up with Dawn, get the GS ball so that I can get Celebi, use Celebi to take me back in time so that Drew goes to Unova and not Hoenn, turn Max from a cockblock into a matchmaker so that he would get Ash and May together, and then give Ash Celebi so that he has a legendary pokemon to win a league. Was that good enough for you beastmode?

Probably Gary or Drew. They remind me of me, we can be sarcastic can poke fun at other people people but deep down, we're not completely insensitive bastards.

If I were Gary...I'd probably conspire with Brock and Drew for a plan similar to the one below:

If I were Drew, I'd temporarily join the group conspire with Brock.

As for how to get Ash and May together, hehehe, well I'd need to time it perfectly during the time Sceptile's heart was broken (Sorry Sceptile)

First, get May to acknowledge her feelings for Ash while Brock does the same with Ash. Oh and we all promise to get them together or die trying when Brock finds out Ash returns the feeling.

Then, make Ash jealous through a series of "coincidences" that look like they could be romantic but really they're friendship (I'd make sure that it was friendship, the point is to get May and Ash together).

So then one day we get Ash to stumble across something friendly like a hug but make it look like its romantic. He'll run away and be jealous.

That evening when Ash and Brock are training with Sceptile and Sceptile is totally failing at training because he's still heartbroken, Ash, naturally, goes and gives him a pep talk and tell him he emphathizes. Meanwhile, I'll go make sure May is nearby.

Brock pretends to be clueless and asks him why Ash and May aren't already together. So Ash gives this big emotional speech about how he's madly in love with May but he's heartbroken because he thinks me and May are together.

So then Brock'll say he understands and emphathizes as well and brings up some girl like Suzy (Back in Kanto/Johto I believe, she got together with another breeder and Brock backed off out of respect). But then Brock would tell Ash that he can't beat himself up about it and tells him that out of his own feelings, he let Suzy get together with that other guy whom he knew she'd be happy with.

So of course Brock pops the "Can you accept it and stay friends" question. So Ash thinks about it for a second and finally decides that he'll leave May alone, for the sake of her happiness.

Then when May moves in (probably after some gentle pushing) Brock and I leave the scene and watch them confess to each other ^_^. Oh and give each other brofists, never forget those.

Probably Gary or Drew. They remind me of me, we can be sarcastic can poke fun at other people people but deep down, we're not completely insensitive bastards.

If I were Gary...I'd probably conspire with Brock and Drew for a plan similar to the one below:

If I were Drew, I'd temporarily join the group conspire with Brock.

As for how to get Ash and May together, hehehe, well I'd need to time it perfectly during the time Sceptile's heart was broken (Sorry Sceptile)

First, get May to acknowledge her feelings for Ash while Brock does the same with Ash. Oh and we all promise to get them together or die trying when Brock finds out Ash returns the feeling.

Then, make Ash jealous through a series of "coincidences" that look like they could be romantic but really they're friendship (I'd make sure that it was friendship, the point is to get May and Ash together).

So then one day we get Ash to stumble across something friendly like a hug but make it look like its romantic. He'll run away and be jealous.

That evening when Ash and Brock are training with Sceptile and Sceptile is totally failing at training because he's still heartbroken, Ash, naturally, goes and gives him a pep talk and tell him he emphathizes. Meanwhile, I'll go make sure May is nearby.

Brock pretends to be clueless and asks him why Ash and May aren't already together. So Ash gives this big emotional speech about how he's madly in love with May but he's heartbroken because he thinks me and May are together.

So then Brock'll say he understands and emphathizes as well and brings up some girl like Suzy (Back in Kanto/Johto I believe, she got together with another breeder and Brock backed off out of respect). But then Brock would tell Ash that he can't beat himself up about it and tells him that out of his own feelings, he let Suzy get together with that other guy whom he knew she'd be happy with.

So of course Brock pops the "Can you accept it and stay friends" question. So Ash thinks about it for a second and finally decides that he'll leave May alone, for the sake of her happiness.

Then when May moves in (probably after some gentle pushing) Brock and I leave the scene and watch them confess to each other ^_^. Oh and give each other brofists, never forget those.

Good answer! Everyone just wants to be part of the matchmaking scheme. Nice one!

Alright let me see, I'd be Paul, hook up with Dawn, get the GS ball so that I can get Celebi, use Celebi to take me back in time so that Drew goes to Unova and not Hoenn, turn Max from a cockblock into a matchmaker so that he would get Ash and May together, and then give Ash Celebi so that he has a legendary pokemon to win a league. Was that good enough for you beastmode?

That was good enough for me man, good choice! Best to use the characters wisely and eliminate threats to guarentee Advnaceshipping!

Nice to see I'm not the only sarcastic bastard here lol and I wouldn't want paul to be anyone else but you itssupereffective lol and answer your damn pm. Anyone wanna do meowth? I heard he was a good guy for a second in Unova.

Good answer! Everyone just wants to be part of the matchmaking scheme. Nice one!

This thread just gives me so many fanfiction ideas. Some of which I might not post for a long long time, if ever, unfortunately

lol, everyone here is pure awesome! xD

We know how much Ash puts himself in danger MANY times. So, what could May do in order to save his life, just as Ash has done for May?[/B

But May already has saved Ash. Remember Movie 9 when Ash was drowning? ;)

I love that scene! xP

Ash falling deeper and deeper into the water, completely unconscious and almost no hope, until he hears her voice...

She prays for him to be okay, and suddenly... his eyes open and all you see is ambition, determination, motivation, and every other synonym in between!

If one doesn't think THAT'S epic, then nothing will. One of my favorite advanceshipping moments! xD

We know how much Ash puts himself in danger MANY times. So, what could May do in order to save his life, just as Ash has done for May? I think May has saved his life just by being there. He would be the same stubborn headed kid that just did things as soon as he thought of it. Now he kinda had to think of his actions since he wanted to set a good example for May and Max. I think he would still be an idiot if it wasn't for her.

Well he can still be an idiot but not as much. Unova really fucked up his character. kidkidkidkidkid stupid bitch. and yeah congrats guys. were at 5800 posts. almost at 6000
Completely agree! Some people have actually said that he was OOC throughout AG because he acted more mature than any other series. To that I always scoff and say it's character development, and amazing development at that. We see Ash go from this immature kid, to a mentor figure for May, but then they go and make him childish again (and DP was okay I guess, but I feel as though he reverted back even then). I don't know, I guess that's just one reason I loved AG the most - Ash seemed to actually change and develop, and it was great.

We know how much Ash puts himself in danger MANY times. So, what could May do in order to save his life, just as Ash has done for May?
Performing a Heimlich maneuver in case Ash choked from eating his fifth hamburger bonus physical contact.;)
Pure win.
I completely agree! xD I was so bad at coming up with good plots for stories, and now I get here and apparently they're pretty creative (at least more creative than I had before).
This thread just gives me so many fanfiction ideas. Some of which I might not post for a long long time, if ever, unfortunately

Agreed! I'm usually not good at coming up with creative stuff, but when I get here, it just comes naturally. I'm at least more creative than I originally thought! xD

Nice to see I'm not the only sarcastic bastard here lol and I wouldn't want paul to be anyone else but you itssupereffective lol and answer your damn pm. Anyone wanna do meowth? I heard he was a good guy for a second in Unova.

Haha thanks, he is my favorite character. I already answered your pm so it's on you. Yeah Meowth was just pretending to be good, but it reminded me of Gerbilftw's fics when I saw he was a good guy.

Okay here's a weird one XD

So let's say AdvanceShipping had a flag to represent it, what would it look like? what colors would it feature? and what symbol would it have?

Haha thanks, he is my favorite character. I already answered your pm so it's on you. Yeah Meowth was just pretending to be good, but it reminded me of Gerbilftw's fics when I saw he was a good guy.
. I sent you one on bulbagarden with a link. And good idea gengar. I think I kniw ehy you asked that. And i say the colors of the terracotta ribbon and the pattern of mats bandana.

So let's say AdvanceShipping had a flag to represent it, what would it look like? what colors would it feature? and what symbol would it have?

What are you talking about? This is a great topic!

I'm not entirely sure about the colors, but I say a sun because it represents the terracotta ribbon in my eyes!

Okay, I'll go be cheesy and say that it'd probably have at least a heart in the background of the Terracotta Ribbon (haha). Or if not a heart then maybe a sun? I dunno.

As for colors (In no particular design):
Red, mainly because it was May's main color in AG, but also because it represents courage. Need I explain how courage pertains to Ash? Oh and on a more side note: Ash is based off of Red the game character (Just kinda wish that for once Ash would grow more like in AG)

Blue and Black represent perseverance and determination, two qualities that May inherited from Ash's teachings. Oh and did I forget to mention that in just about every series, Ash has worn blue?

White represents innocence, purity, and peace. Yeah, I know its cheesy but I just can't help but view Advanceshipping as so pure and innocent...

Hmm, Terracotta ribbon surrounded by a White heart with Red on one side and Blue on the other in a sort of Ying-Yang esque position and some Red and Blue inside the other color while Black fills the gap between the ribbon parts and sort of completes the rectangular shape??

The ribbon is of course there for their bond surrounded by a peaceful, pure, white heart. On each side of the Ribbon, the Red and Blue are mostly to represent Ash and May but also to show how they're brought together by it and how there will always be a piece of them with each other. The black is there to tie them together perhaps? Show their determination to reach their goals but still be together in their hearts or something like that? (Hence the heart shape, not just because it's meant to be romantic) Or does the black ruin it and should I remove it?

Oh well, how's that sound?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom