• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Start Ups Aeon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lou's acid didn't seem to do anything though, instead the vines shot out once more, this time turning a red color before they began lashing around faster and faster at the group. 'The sand must be too thick for the acid to get through," Blair gritted her teeth. 'Let's start running, if we stay in just one spot we'd get cornered by the vines."

"Already ahead of you," Roxy said as she started running. "Literally."

Luka made his best attempt to run from the vines, however the strain of spreading his aura that thin for that long left him too drained to keep up with the others and he began lagging behind. Unfortunately lagging behind meant he was the perfect target for the vines. One of the vines grabbed at his ankle, he turned and slashed at it with his chackram. He sliced it perfectly fine, but the momentary lag allowed other vines to grab him and entangle him in them, stopping him from cutting at any more. He'd try his aura, but he couldn't make up the energy.
"Guys... Aura... Too much... Too hot... Too tired... Help."

Cyrus wasn't too far ahead of Luka and was drained so much by the sandstorm fiasco. Cyrus stopped dead once he heard Luka cry for help, drew his sword and dove headlong into the vines. "I'm coming brother, hold on!"

After hacking and slashing for some time it felt like the more that were cut even more would spill over them. I'm getting no where fast.. and if I keep this up I'll be in the same boat as Luka..

Last edited:
Blair turned around towards the others, panting slightly as she began to feel a stinging pain, finally noticing that some of the vine's needles had pierced around her body. She gritted her teeth as she noticed Luka and Cyrus trying to get away from the vines. It would be a long shot, but if she could use her aura to increase her speed enough. She leaned back, squatting a bit as she tried to get as good of a hang on the sand as she could. She took in a deep breath before putting all of her energy into her legs, causing her to shoot off at a great speed, she needed to be fast enough to cut the vines without getting cut and also not slip on the sand.

As she got closer to Luka, she leapt intot he air, spinning around as she began to cut the vines entangled around him with her lance, only to grab Luka by the neck of his shirt and throw him away to where the others were running. She herself fell onto the sand not far away from Cyrus, grunting as she tried to regian her balance. "Let's run now!" she yelled out.

"Hah, runnin's'n art'f mine, hon! Le's ge'outta here 'fore som'otha shit happens." Lou wasted no time in dashing away from the vines, looking back occasionally to fire a shot from her rifle or hurl some acid. The sandstorm had become second nature by this point; she was just focused on getting the group to escape.

Cyrus cut through some more veins as he backed away, firing a few rounds to keep the veins away from Blair as she regained her balance. "Thanks for the help pretty lady! Let's get the hell out of here!"

Roxie continued to sprint, occasionally looking back to see what was happening with the rest of the group that wasn't running with or in front of her. Unfortunately, this lead to her not seeing a rather big vine shoot up in front of her, causing the girl to trip over and hiss in pain as she felt the needles of the vine dig into her leg while she fell flat on her face.

Spitting the hot sand out of her dry mouth, Roxie took out her pistol and shot at the vine, causing it to temporarily retract. Scrambling to stand up, Roxie began to run again from the now pursuing vine, only to start limping from the prickly needles that had remained in her leg. "Yeah, yeah I get the point, well, points." Roxie muttered to herself about the spikes. Taking a huge breathe, Roxie sprinted to what she presumed was a safe distance from the vine and bent down, wincing as she picked out the spikes.

Looking up, Roxie saw the vine approaching fast. However, unlike before, it was now accompanied by several other vines, each and every one of them set on ensnaring the purple-haired girl. "And I thought internet vines were annoying at times, you all need to chill out." She said, taking out her crossbow and loading in an ice arrow. Launching it, Roxie watched at the arrow hit before launching some more ice arrows at different areas of the vines, watching as the cluster of vines that was once chasing her completely froze over.

Allowing herself a quick victory fist pump and smile, Roxie began to run again knowing that she would soon be joined by more vines.

"Agreed," Roxie replied, panting. "If the plants of this planet try to kill us, I can't wait to see what tries to kill us next."

Luka, being at essentially the back of the group, noticed Blair stop running, and figured it was now safe to do so. He quickly collapsed onto the sand, almost completely drained from the combination of his aura's use, the heat, and the running. He downed half of his canteen and one of the energy bars he had packed, tossing one to Cyrus, before finally coming put with it. "Thank GOD that's over. Can we please rest for a few minutes? I can't take this heat. Mobus is COLD dammit. Ugh, why did I agree to this?" He mumbled to himself as he flopped back onto the sand.

Cyrus caught the energy bar and inhaled it quickly, "Thank you, Luka! I needed that. I'm not against resting, however we probably shouldn't for long. I have no idea how long it would take those bastards to catch up to us."

Lou, too, nearly collapsed from exhaustion. "Ugh... I was expectin' a lotta shit like this to happen, but... jeez." She fumbled for her canteen and took a thirsty swig from it. "At least there ain't no quicksand."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom