• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Aesthetics and Graphics

pokemon x/y will not be in full 3d

According to a Nintendo rep at pax prime the games will only show 3d in battles and in certain scenes/places.

If this is true I for one am a little less excited, and kind of disappointed.

What do y'all think.

Re: pokemon x/y will not be in full 3d

i probably wont be using the '3d' function the whole time anyhow (since it gets weird if you dont hodl it a specific way) so *shrug* as long as the graphics are consistant and smooth

i probably wont be using the '3d' function the whole time anyhow (since it gets weird if you dont hodl it a specific way) so *shrug* as long as the graphics are consistant and smooth

I agree with you. However they promoted this as the first 3d Pokemon game. I was already excited for a new gen. Then they said 3d which I'm a big fan of. so its kind of a let down to me

I don't use 3D because it gives me a major headache, so meh.

I agree with you. However they promoted this as the first 3d Pokemon game. I was already excited for a new gen. Then they said 3d which I'm a big fan of. so its kind of a let down to me

the new graphic 3d 'style' should still be a breath of fresh air, even if its not FULL 3d the entire time. the graphics so far are incredible (and battles are the focus of the game, right.. so as long as they are full 3d at least they are capturing the important aspect) as far as pokemon games are concerned :)

Well, it's not like I expected the whole game to be in 3D anyway. Battles and certain scenes are pretty much what I was expecting so it doesn't make any difference to me.

I don't even use the 3D function in any of my 3DS games, i bought the 3DS just to play the new games, so yeah i don't really care if you can't use the 3D function everywhere in X and Y.

According to a Nintendo rep at pax prime the games will only show 3d in battles and in certain scenes/places.

What do y'all think.

Gotta a link it also kinda explains the 2DS a little more

What do y'all think.

Gotta a link it also kinda explains the 2DS a little more

its from a pax attendee Giancarlo Parimango

but i dont see how that explains the 2ds. I dont think they a consle just with pokemon x/y in mind

I was going to post this. The 3D novelty is actually kind of nice, but it has two major downsides: 1) You can't freely move your 3DS while playing with effect turned on and 2) It gives headaches. Seriously, playing any game in 3D for more than two minutes makes my head (and my eyes as well) hurt so much :<

I was going to post this. The 3D novelty is actually kind of nice, but it has two major downsides: 1) You can't freely move your 3DS while playing with effect turned on and 2) It gives headaches. Seriously, playing any game in 3D for more than two minutes makes my head (and my eyes as well) hurt so much :<

ive never experienced that but like i said its kind of a let down but im still going to be at my walmart the minute they come out regardless

its no surprise that the game won't be in "full 3d" since the camera in the open world would be a birds eye view. pokemon is not the kind of game to have an over world filled with action and things coming out to you that would look great in 3d anyways.

I was just wanting the battles in 3d to see the attacks like in the pokedex, so i am cool with this

Wait, 3D only in battles and at certain points? That doesn't make any sense.

It's a 3DS game, why not have 3D everywhere? I don't get headaches from the 3D and I use it quite often (and I think it adds to the gameplay, too), so it's a little bit of a letdown for me if this turns out to be true.

It's a 3DS game, why not have 3D everywhere? I don't get headaches from the 3D and I use it quite often (and I think it adds to the gameplay, too), so it's a little bit of a letdown for me if this turns out to be true.
as stated before ts no surprise that the game won't be in "full 3d" since the camera in the open world would be a birds eye view. pokemon is not the kind of game to have an over world filled with action and things coming out to you that would look great in 3d anyways.

as stated before ts no surprise that the game won't be in "full 3d" since the camera in the open world would be a birds eye view. pokemon is not the kind of game to have an over world filled with action and things coming out to you that would look great in 3d anyways.

you and this birds eye view thing that is your personal opinion (pokemon rumble blast full 3d and the 3d was actually quiet good) 3d isnt just about action its scenery to and there is a lot of scenery in these games plus i actually think the 3d would look its best in a birds eye view

That... makes no sense. Why would there be no stereoscopic 3D graphics in the overworld? Why have 3D models and make a huge deal about the series jumping to 3D if most of the game won't even have the 3D feature? I don't think it's even possible to have some areas not be in stereoscopic 3D in 3DS games. johnpoke probably just misinterpreted the statement.

That... makes no sense. Why would there be no stereoscopic 3D graphics in the overworld? Why have 3D models and make a huge deal about the series jumping to 3D if most of the game won't even have the 3D feature? I don't think it's even possible to have some areas not be in stereoscopic 3D in 3DS games. johnpoke probably just misinterpreted the statement.

In Pokemon X and Pokemon Y the 3D only activates during battles and certain places/scenes, he spoke to a nintendo rep who confirmed this now you tell me how i misinterpreted that.

Not that what the person is saying is true or untrue, but I wouldn't take an anonymous representative's words at face value.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom