• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

AG177 title revealed!

I'm surprised no one has mentioned that Ash and brock are teaming up to defend the Nibi Gym.

I wanna see Sceptile and Marshtomp fight. Or maybe Onix and Donphan. Or Swellow and Crobat!

Better yet, a Flyer/Earthquaker combo between the two of them. There are of course several ways to do that. Donphan/Crobat, Swellow/Onix, Swellow/Geodude... (That would of course require Onix and Geodude to have learned EQ by this time, which is possible.)

Am I the only one excited about this one...although I have thought how the heck are they gonna justify a regirock being captured unless it's just a pyramid guardian or something. Another thing is I hope ash gets brock to give him a bit of practice with his rock pokemon. And I can see ash using either sceptile (who might learn something new *crosses fingers*) or kingler who has'nt had a battle in a while but we all know kingler is a fighter so it wouldn't matter. By the way kingler is the only pokemon in ash's team to win three battles straight I think.

If it's not Totodile that whoops Regirock ala baby Squirtle, I will cry.

Because Totodile is cooler than baby Squirtle.

And because of that rumor on Pokeani talked about on the Bulbacast, I will also cry if it's not Ash and Brock vs. Kenta and Marina. :O

Last edited:
Why is Ash defending the Gym, I wonder? Darn, I wanted to see Forrest in action, see if his training's paid off by now. =/

Lil Brother said:
If it's not Totodile that whoops Regirock ala baby Squirtle, I will cry.

Because Totodile is cooler than baby Squirtle.

And because of that rumor on Pokeani talked about on the Bulbacast, I will also cry if it's not Ash and Brock vs. Kenta and Marina. :O

What rumour? Kenta and Marina battling Ash and Brock.

Maybe it will be like a Pokemon League Organizers (Like the ones in the Misty Special) that wanna close the gym?

Y'know, come to think of it, the Regis are still pretty fresh subjects to 'toy' with. While the birds and a good deal of the beasts (plus a few other legends here and there) have had their time in the breeze and have been played up&out, the Regis remain mysterious.

I don't think that having Brandon be the official trainer of them is a good idea, but the chance ...is there, I guess, if they wanted to go that route.

I do hope Regirock can pull more out of its ass than just Hyper Beam and Zap Cannon. I want to see Superpower, Rock Throw, Ancientpower, Lock-on... hell, pretty much ALL the attacks (the regis' pools are that small). Actually make it a challenge for Sceptile, who will undoubtedly have to take it on if the anime wants to keep any shread of credibility.

Watch Pikachu win somehow with Iron Tail. :p

It would just be really great if Sceptile went against this beast.

doodler243 said:
Am I the only one excited about this one...although I have thought how the heck are they gonna justify a regirock being captured unless it's just a pyramid guardian or something.
Or like a friend the way Norman had Arcticuno

Hmm...now I'm wordering, y'think the group will mention the Regirock that F'ing TRIED TO KILL THEM!

Habunake said:
Hmm...now I'm wordering, y'think the group will mention the Regirock that F'ing TRIED TO KILL THEM!
and risk showing any sign of continuity...yeah...right

The Ranger ep talked of the 7th Movie events. There's no real reason for them not to include it if they wish. Though a simple:

"Pikachu, it's Regirock!" is more than likely all we'll get.

Habunake said:

It's so interesting to see how in the anime they never really make reference to things they've come across before in the movies, like ash pulling out his pokedex to check on pokemon he know's about already. I think we'll still se a 'whoa what's that pokemon..check dexter'. Anyhow if pikachu defeats it with an iron tail i'll cry... cos that's not on even if he's been beaten by ash's whole team all at once...he's a rock legendary so likely to have body stronger than your average onix...crystal onix or golem. I cant see charazard defeating it (too much work) but maybe squirtle might step in and have a go at battling and displaying what he's learnt.

Wait, I just had a brilliant idea!

After Sceptile if put througha humiluating defeat by Regirock, Ash will have to borrow May's Squirtle to defeat it and win the last symbol! Sceptile is given barely any recognition at all, and everyone marvels at Squirtle's supreme power as it defeats a legendary with its cheap attacks that it gains from nowhere!

I should write for the anime!

Last edited:
He should just call on his own Squirtle like he did Charizard, who whips out his sunglasses and just looks cool

Please note: The thread is from 18 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom