• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review AG190: Deciding Match! VS Regice!!

Why don't you take it up with Sushi, then? She translated it.

Are you talking about her LJ entry on that episode? She didn't translate the lines as that, she simply said it seemed to imply that Scott was blaming Ash. A closer look at the dialouge would reveal that...he really isn't.

Plus, we know the line is wrong because it contradicts May doing so well and making it to the final round of the Contest in the Ash Vs. May episode.

I have no idea whether she translated right or not, and I don't think it's a big deal if she got a tiny little detail wrong. I was just saying where the 'Ash is holding May back' thing came from, if you wanted to know.

Are you sure Sushi even said that? I can't seem to find it on her LJ unless she said it somewhere else. Do you have a quote?

I think I remember her ranting about it on the SPPF Advanceshipping thread.

Sushi translated it, Umi sent me the translation.

...This is off-topic, isn't it? ^^;;

Well, it is in response to what FabuVinny said and Ash's strategy used to beat Brandon.

If Sushi did the whole translation she seems to contradict herself with her earlier statement, (if she did say that), because it isn't reflected in the dialouge.

Anyway, I'm just glad it seems like Scott didn't blame Ash for May's loss in the GF. ^_^

Perhaps he did and the connotation didn't translate well into English. I'd ask Sushi if you really want to know, she's going to be far more reliable than me or you.

Please note: The thread is from 18 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom