• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Alien Mega Evolutions?

Nicolas721

Reaction score
Hi guys. Yesterday I read a rumor that, among other things, said that the plot of XY was going to include aliens and a space plot (maybe because of the upcoming Hoenn remake?) and that as a result Megas were going to be pretty much alien versions of known Pokémon. For now, it's impossible to say if the rumor is true or not, but I wanted to revisit Megas to see how many of them could have had alien origins and an extraterrestrial look, so I divided them in three categories. I also included ORAS Megas for fun.

Alien confirmed
-Mewtwo X&Y. Well, Mewtwo is already an alien, but its two Megas definitely make that traits more evident.
-Tyranitar. Its based on space godzilla as says the article.
-Abomasnow. As the article says, it's a massive deformation of the Pokémon's concept to the point it looks like an Ultra Beast.

Maybe alien
-Gengar. It's radical form change and its third eye give it a very mystic look, but that could also come from the Pokémon's origins.
-Scizor. The pincers and the claws look much more artificial.
-Heracross. Like Scizor, many of its body parts look unnatural.
-Aggron. Same reasoning, they could have said that the gravity deformed its body.
-Manectric & Absol. I'm not sure about these, but they somewhat fit the "outlandish" feel of the other Pokémon in this category.
-Lucario. Its markings look somewhat alien?
-Beedrill. Looks much more mechanical and just look those eyes. It isn't on the category above because those could be exaggerations of how bugs generally look.
-Steelix. I could picture it floating through space, and again the gravity changes explaining all of its deformations.
-Glailie. A Pokémon that already looks like a meteor gets a bizarre shape and crystals...Aliens confirmed?
-Rayquaza. Everyone knows that its lines resemble a meteorite, but I think it was always supposed to be Poké-Earth's Rayquaza rather than an alien version of it.

Unlikely
-Venusaur
-Charizard X & Y
-Blastoise
-Alakazam
-Kangaskhan
-Pinsir
-Gyarados
-Aerodactyl
-Ampharos
-Houndoom
-Blaziken
-Gardevoir
-Mawile
-Medicham
-Banette
-Garchomp
-Pidgeot
-Slowbro
-Sceptile
-Swampert. It changes the shape, but I find it unlikely that it was designed before all the Kanto and Hoenn starters' Megas, it's more likely that it's based on the fact that some axolotles become buffed after receiving some chemical substances.
-Sableye
-Sharpedo
-Camerupt
-Altaria
-Salamance. Yes, I know about the Star Wars reference it could have, but it doesn't look alien enough to me.
-Metagross
-Latios
-Latias
-Loppuny
-Gallade
-Audino
-Diancie

In conclusion, most Megas don't really look alien, so either they were designed in "Phase II" of development or went through massive changes. However, without a doubt it would be interesting if the rumor is confirmed some day, as it would explain the bizarre details that a few Megas had. What are your thoughts on this?

I think (probably with the exception of Mega Kangaskhan) you could make an argument about ANY of them being created through at least alien influence, even the ones on your non-alien list. And I mean, Mega Metagross is BASICALLY a UFO.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom