• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Alix's Johto Adventures

I'm noticing a lot of "He stepped outside. He saw Silver. He threw his Poke Ball. He..." A thesaurus would be of help.
I'm looking for a thesaurus currently. When I find one, you can expect the fanfic to be better.

Anyway, I've continued.

Chapter 4:

As soon as Alix and the Bug Catcher were in the forest, a swarm of Beedrill surrounded them, but Alix quickly got an idea.

“Cyndaquil, come out!” Alix said as he sent out Cyndaquil. Cyndaquil uses Ember and scares all of the Beedrill away.

“Good job!” Alix tells Cyndaquil. He is about to re-call it, but before he can do so, the Bug Catcher interrupts him.

“You may wanna keep Cyndaquil out in case we run into any more dangerous Pokémon,” the Bug Catcher says.

“Good idea,” Alix replies, and he puts the Poké Ball back on his belt while leaving Cyndaquil out.

As they continue through the forest, Alix and the Bug Catcher continue to find more dangerous Bug-types, and Cyndaquil uses Ember to scare them away every time.

When Alix and the Bug Catcher reach the end of the forest, they see a hurt Silcoon on the ground. It has Beedrill stinger scars all over it, so Alix and the Bug Catcher automatically knew that it was Alix’s Silcoon.

When Alix got up to Silcoon, he asked it “You okay, buddy?”

Silcoon responds by saying its name in a very weak manner, which is its way of saying “No, I’m really hurt.”

Alix tells Silcoon “C’mon buddy. I’m gonna get you outta here,” but just then, the Beedrill that kidnapped Silcoon comes over to where Alix and the Bug Catcher are.

Alix asks Beedrill “Why did you kidnap my Silcoon? Why did you hurt it? What is your problem?”

Upon hearing “What is your problem” Beedrill becomes really angry and tries to sting Alix multiple times, but Alix dodges it every time. Finally, Alix says “All right, that’s it! I’m gonna capture you, Beedrill!”

Immediately after saying that, Alix has Cyndaquil use Ember against Beedrill. However, it turns out that this Beedrill is a lot faster than the other Beedrill in the forest, because it is able to dodge the Ember very quickly. Upon figuring this out, Alix has Cyndaquil use a very speedy Tackle. At first, Cyndaquil just tries to use Tackle rapidly, but eventually, it ends up going so fast and tackling so much that it actually learns Quick Attack. So, it uses Quick Attack and rams into Beedrill very hard.

When Beedrill starts twitching, Alix expects it to faint any moment. However, it eventually gets up, and is even angrier than before. It uses a powerful Sludge Bomb against Cyndaquil, which poisons Cyndaquil and almost knocks it out.

Alix re-calls Cyndaquil, and right after he does, the Bug Catcher asks him “What will you do now?”

Alix responds “I don’t know. Cyndaquil will faint if it gets hit with any attack again, and Silcoon is in no condition to battle,” but after saying “Silcoon is in no good condition to battle,” Silcoon interrupts Alix and says that it will battle.

Alix says “No! It’s too dangerous!” But Silcoon promises it’ll win, and without Alix’s orders, it gets on the battle field.

Again without Alix’s orders, Silcoon uses String Shot to wrap Beedrill up. It then pulls Beedrill towards it, and uses Bug Bite a couple of times. However, Beedrill eventually destroys the silk, and starts using Fury Attack on Silcoon. Eventually, Alix tries to re-call Silcoon, but Silcoon dodges the Poké Ball’s beam every time.

Eventually, Beedrill stops attacking Silcoon after seeing it not move for 5 seconds.

When Alix sees that Silcoon hasn’t move for 10 seconds, he runs up to Silcoon and asks it “Are you okay? Speak to me, Silcoon! Please!” After Silcoon hasn’t moved for 20 seconds, Alix starts crying, and its tears go right onto Silcoon.

However, after not moving for 30 seconds, Silcoon starts to glow, and Alix stops crying. Suddenly, the top of Silcoon breaks off, and a Beautifly comes out! Upon evolving, Beautifly learns Stun Spore, Silver Wind, and Psybeam.

Alix tells Beautifly “You evolved again! Yay!”

Will Alix's newly-evolved Beautifly be able to defeat Beedrill? Find out in chapter 5!

As soon as Alix and the Bug Catcher were in the forest, a swarm of Beedrill surrounded them, but Alix quickly got an idea.

“Cyndaquil, come out!” Alix said as he sent out Cyndaquil. Cyndaquil uses Ember and scares all of the Beedrill away.

“Good job!” Alix tells Cyndaquil. He is about to re-call it, but before he can do so, the Bug Catcher interrupts him.

“You may wanna keep Cyndaquil out in case we run into any more dangerous Pokémon,” the Bug Catcher says.

“Good idea,” Alix replies, and he puts the Poké Ball back on his belt while leaving Cyndaquil out.

There are some serious tense problems in this. Try to stick with either the past or present tense. Here is the same paragraph with present tense [[]]ed and past tense {{}}ed.

[[As soon as Alix and the Bug Catcher were in the forest, a swarm of Beedrill surrounded them]], {{but Alix quickly got an idea.

“Cyndaquil, come out!” Alix said as he sent out Cyndaquil.}} [[Cyndaquil uses Ember and scares all of the Beedrill away.

“Good idea,” Alix replies, and he puts the Poké Ball back on his belt while leaving Cyndaquil out.]]

It gets better as you go deeper into the paragraph, but when there is a major error that early on, your readers no longer want to read it.

Yeah, I noticed that. Sometime tomorrow, I'm gonna go through the Word document of the fanfic on my computer and change it all to past tense.

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom