• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Allrounder Team (No Ubers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aidoneus

Reaction score
Well, here's my team. I haven't decided on hold items yet, so any help would be appreciated.

MAGMORTAR
Nature: Mild
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 252 Sp. Attack / 252 Speed / 6 HP
~Flamethrower
~Sunny Day
~SolarBeam
~??? (Possibly Earthquake, suggestions welcome)

RHYPERIOR
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 Attack / 252 HP / 6 Defense
~Earthquake
~Megahorn
~Rock Wrecker
~Swords Dance

DUSKNOIR
Nature: Calm
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Defense / 252 Sp. Defense / 6 Speed
~Toxic
~Protect
~Double Team
~Ominous Wind

ELECTIVIRE
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Motor Drive
EVs: 252 Attack / 252 Speed / 6 HP
~Brick Break
~Thunder Punch
~Giga Impact
~Screech (???)

GARDEVOIR
Nature: Mild
Ability: Synchronise
EVs: 252 Sp. Attack / 252 Sp. Defense / 6 HP
~Psychic
~Magical Leaf
~Focus Blast
~Calm Mind

The final member I'm not sure on. The team lacks a way to counter Dragonand Fire-types effectively, so I'm thinking perhaps Blastoise or Dragonite, each with Surf and Ice Punch?

Last edited:
Magmortar - give it wise glasses, the last slot could be psychic

Rypherior- Wrong Ability, give it the other one (i forget its name)

Dusknoir - Double team is normally banned. Replace ominous wind with shadow punch/sneak.

Electivire: replace giga imoact and screech with Ice/fire punch and earthquake.

Gardevoir - since it has sync. maybe give it a flame orb.

My best dragon & fire counter is my kingdra.
modest
252SpAtk/252Hp/6Spe
haban berry
Ice beam
Dragon Pulse
Surf
Rain Dance

Rain Dance first turn and then kill.

For Magmortar, since you're running Mild, use Cross Chop. Take note that you will have to breed Cross Chop onto it). In my opinion, Flamethrower/Thunderbolt/HP Ice/Cross Chop or Focus Blast Magmortar holding a Choice Scarf makes a good lead... might consider that. Rhyperior wants Solid Rock unless you're using it in doubles. Also, Stone Edge over Rock Wrecker. If you're running Calm Dusknoir, give it Calm Mind. Calm Mind/Pain Split/Will-o-Wisp/Shadow Ball was the old set, I think. Take note that Spiritomb does this better. The best set with the nature you have for Electivire is Thunderpunch/Ice Punch/Earthquake/Cross Chop. EV spread stays the same. Give Gardevoir Thunderbolt over Magical Leaf, or if you really want to keep a Grass move on her, Grass Knot. Kingdra does not counter Dragon-types. The most common Dragon-types are Latias and Salamence, which Kingdra is much slower than without Rain. If Kingdra switches in on a Dragon attack, its Haban Berry will be gone and it will die the next turn. If it doesn't, the only way it will live against them is if it switches in on a Salamence Fire Blast and its Outrage (surprisingly) doesn't kill it (which it probably still will). There is really no way to counter a Salamence since there are so many sets, and the only way to find out which set you're up against is to let it attack (and probably kill) one of your Pokemon. Dusknoir will give it a hard time, and if you want to use Dusknoir for dealing with Dragons, teach it Ice Beam over Shadow Ball. Rhyperior is good for Fire-types, but the only Fire-type you really see a lot of is Infernape. Most of the time this is a mixed attacking Infernape. I believe Grass Knot OHKOs it... if you have access to a Latias, it can take care of Infernape (even one with HP Ice). If not... a Kingdra :)p) might actually do a fair job. I'd use a Specs set because it doesn't need setting up, and if it has the Sniper ability, a critical hit Hydro Pump or Draco Meteor will absolutely murder. Hydro Pump or Surf/Draco Meteor/Ice Beam/HP Electric is the common set for Specs Kingdra.

Specs on a pokemon with calm mind doesnt work.
Does sync + rest work ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom