• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Alola Variant Pokemon: Thoughts and Predictions

Favourite Alolan form so far?

• Total voters
I think that Alola variants can be for legendary pokemon. Probably not the major ones like mascots or mythcials but maybe the ones that could do with some kind of development such as Regigigas, Cresselia, etc. If they stay in the region long enough or somehow born different due to the climate then I don't see the problem of Alola variant legendary pokemon. I say it be about 30-40% that it could happen.

That's assuming we have move tutors in the game. Usually, the batch of games that start a new gen (RS/DP/BW/XY) don't have traditional move tutors except for the ones that teach the elemental hyper beams, pledges, and a few others.

true, but Sun and Moon do seem to shake up the formula quite a bit so far, considering even our journey will be (kinda) different this time. Regardless, I doubt they won't gives us at least some options for A-Raichu

true, but Sun and Moon do seem to shake up the formula quite a bit so far, considering even our journey will be (kinda) different this time. Regardless, I doubt they won't gives us at least some options for A-Raichu

GF changed Ampharos's moveset for its mega's second type. I'm sure the pokes will have an updated moveset as well as new stats. It doesn't make much since for alolan Ninetails to do a fire blast or flamethrower any more, for instance.

the only thing i expect from this alola from is the improvement and in other cases beauty /call attention of these pokemon :)

Okay, so I just had a thought that came to my mind yesterday. What if Game Freak gave Alola Forms to the Kanto Fossils Omanyte/Omastar and Kabuto/Kabutops based on Twitch plays Pokémon's Lord Helix and Lord Dome? They've already made at least two references to Twitch Plays Pokémon, so there's no reason why they can't make Alolan Omanyte/Omastar and Alolan Kabuto/Kabutops based on Lord helix and Lord Dome respectively.

Here's what I'm thinking in regards to typing:

Alolan Omanyte/Omastar - Fairy/Dark
Fairy has been used for guardian spirit Pokémon before, especially in regards to how Melemele treats the Electric/Fairy Tapu Koko as a Deity. As Lord Helix is viewed as a God in Twitch Plays Pokémon, it would make sense. The Dark-type refers to how Lord Helix represents Anarchy, which is generally considered as chaotic lawlessness that only leads to sinful vices in mainstream society. Also, the Hive Mind generally causes random actions, Of course, Dark-type is called the Evil-type in Japan, and Twitch Plays Pokémon views Helix as the opposite of this, but I'm not sure that a mono Fairy-type would be enough to represent Lord Helix's anarchy theme. Plus, we have Dark-types like Absol, who is merely blamed for causing misfortune despite trying to warn the people instead. I think that would be enough to get way with giving Alolan Omanyte/Omastar a secondary Dark-type.

Alolan Kabuto/Kabutops - Bug/Psychic
This might take a little bit of explaining to do. In the Twitch Plays Pokémon FireRed Randomizer, the Dome Fossil was picked. However, instead of a Kabuto coming out of the Dome Fossil (it was a Randomizer), and Ariados came out instead. Hence, the primary typing would be the Bug-type. The Psychic-type has to do with the fact that Lord Dome represents Democracy.

What do you guys think?

Last edited:
Okay, so I just had a thought that came to my mind yesterday. What if Game Freak gave Alola Forms to the Kanto Fossils Omanyte/Omastar and Kabuto/Kabutops based on Twitch plays Pokémon's Lord Helix and Lord Dome? They've already made at least two references to Twitch Plays Pokémon, so there's no reason why they can't make Alolan Omanyte/Omastar and Alolan Kabuto/Kabutops based on Lord helix and Lord Dome respectively.

Here's what I'm thinking in regards to typing:

Alolan Omanyte/Omastar - Fairy/Dark
Fairy has been used for guardian spirit Pokémon before, especially in regards to how Melemele treats the Electric/Fairy Tapu Koko as a Deity. As Lord Helix is viewed as a God in Twitch Plays Pokémon, it would make sense. The Dark-type refers to how Lord Helix represents Anarchy, which is generally considered as chaotic lawlessness that only leads to sinful vices in mainstream society. Also, the Hive Mind generally causes random actions, Of course, Dark-type is called the Evil-type in Japan, and Twitch Plays Pokémon views Helix as the opposite of this, but I'm not sure that a mono Fairy-type would be enough to represent Lord Helix's anarchy theme. Plus, we have Dark-types like Absol, who is merely blamed for causing misfortune despite trying to warn the people instead. I think that would be enough to get way with giving Alolan Omanyte/Omastar a secondary Dark-type.

Alolan Kabuto/Kabutops - Bug/Psychic
This might take a little bit of explaining to do. In the Twitch Plays Pokémon FireRed Randomizer, the Dome Fossile was picked. However, instead of a Kabuto coming out of the Dome Fossil (it was a Randomier), and Ariados came out instead. Hence, the primary typing would be the Bug-type. The Psychic-type has to do with the fact that Lord Dome represents Democracy.

What do you guys think?

why

Because it has been assumed Alolan Exeggutor is based off of card game box art and that Alolan Raichu might have been inspired by Puka from the Anime? They've been pretty meta with these games so far, so much as to create Mimikyu as a meta commentary of Pikachu's popularity. So, why not take it a step further and reference Twitch Plays Pokémon via Alola Forms?

We know Psyduck is in the region from the official site and some trailers, but we are yet to see a Golduck I think... Hmm.

Because it has been assumed Alolan Exeggutor is based off of card game box art and that Alolan Raichu might have been inspired by Puka from the Anime? They've been pretty meta with these games so far, so much as to create Mimikyu as a meta commentary of Pikachu's popularity. So, why not take it a step further and reference Twitch Plays Pokémon via Alola Forms?

because pokemon has nothing to do with that outside of the game

pikachu's popularity has to do with gamefreak selling merch of it, if it was just another mon it wouldn't be the inspiration for mimikkyu

the tcg art once again was done by pokemon, and the anime is made by them as well

I just had a weird thought---Alolan Pokemon don't change their Category (i.e. "Mouse Pokemon" for Sandshrew), does this mean they won't take an Alolan form that would contradict their Category?

So far all the ones who have received an Alolan form have a category that simply refers to their basis---Fox Pokemon, Mouse Pokemon, Scratch Cat Pokemon, Coconut Pokemon, Bone Keeper Pokemon, etc.

But take Ponyta for instance---it's the Fire Horse Pokemon. If it receives an Alola form, will it have to maintain its Fire-type so that'll still make sense? Or will they just keep it as the "Fire Horse" Pokemon even if it becomes say an Ice-type? I guess they already sort of ignored that with Ice-type Sandshrew still being, well, "Sandshew" despite not having sand anymore.

I would prefer Fire/Fairy if only for the uniqueness aspect. Charizard and Talonflame already corner the market on Fire/Flying Pokémon before I even bring up Moltres and Ho-Oh.

Just give it Magic Guard on top of that and I'd be satisfied.

fire/dark persian? maybe they will give it us becuse they know that Litten is going to be something else?(cross fingers for fast fire/ground with good anti-water ability)

dark/ psychic persian would be cool, I think.
Or maybe even dark / fighting.

Can I ask a question...?
How come so many people want Alolan Jynx, but just a generation ago, almost no one wanted Mega Jynx ? (I mean the English speaking community, as Jynx is actually popular in Japan.)

Back
Top Bottom