• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Alola Variant Pokemon: Thoughts and Predictions

Favourite Alolan form so far?

• Total voters
I'm just loosing it over Alola!Exeggutor. It's just too brilliant.
BSh7F7g.jpg

So regional variant Pokemon like the Alolan variants are a shout-out to real-life evolution. Professor Rowan researches Pokemon Evolution. Originally, Elm studied Pokemon Evolution as well, but his research interests were expanded when GSC was remade. Maybe Professor Rowan's "evolution" study will be adapted to study regional variants, and that's why he was traveling around the world before DPPt begins

#SinnohConfirmed
He was traveling in Kanto only, supposedly to understand that Sinnoh holds evolution secrets.

These new forms seem like a research subject for a new professor, honestly. We know that Blue was studying in Kalos, and one of the Sun/Moon leaks mentions him. I really wouldn't be surprised if he replaced Professor Oak by now.

I'm not 100% whether of not megas are gone or not, but what I will say is that they still have that whole alternate universe thing to fall back on. They could still easily drop the mega-vers like it's hot.

The Mysterious Souvenir says they can't because it exists.

I don't see how the Strange Souvenir is relevant. Alola should exist in any universe.

The point is, they're not scrapping the Megaverse. Gen I-II is its own universe, Gen III-V is its own, and Gen VI+ is its own. They're not going backwards, that's for sure.

My bad, Alolan Ninetales might have just replaced Glaceon as my favorite Pokemon ever [emoji33]

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Variants of older Pokemon really blindsided me in a good way. I just hope it isn't restricted to just Kanto Pokemon because I'd love to see a water type Hippowdon or Bug/Dragon Flygon. That is assuming that the latter still doesn't get a mega evolution.

Like I said in a previous post, I'd like the Alola Onix to be the Crystal Onix from the Orange Islands. It's one of the most well-known variants amongst the Pokemon fandom after all.

As for the typing and ability, it should be an Ice/Steel with Dry Skin. This is due to how its weakness and resistance to the the Fire-type and Water-type respectively was portrayed in the Anime.

Anyone got an idea or two for a possible moveset?

Ninetales is my second favorite Pokemon behind Marowak, especially shiny Ninetales. (I spent 6 months hunting for one in Y!) So I freaked out when I saw it get this stunning new form! It will most definitely be going on my team! Also, I've heard talk of a possibility for a fire type Marowak since the fire expert was mentioned to have one, and yessss, I want that so badly!! I might draw a mock up of what it would look like, would it be ok to post that here?

I'm slightly bothered on how still no leaks mention anything about Jynx yet.
I'd like an Alolan Jynx hula dancer thing with coconut bra and grass skirt. Ability Dancer would be nice.

I would now love to see a flying/figting Farfetch a bug/fairy Parasect now and a ground/ghost Marowak, maybe a water/dragon Gyarados or ice/dragon Lapras.
Dragon/poison Nidoking and ice/poison Nidoqueen???

I have not a problem now, they gave us new type combos with them atleast, but hope they will get new names(this really should hapen) of their form will not be called Alolan form but something like this:

One wird though, Sand-shrew and Sand-lash, I really hope they will change their respective names into Snowshrew and Snowslash atlest, you can call them arctic forms or cousins but I really thikn they need a name change. Let them be new pokemon but counterparts, cousins.
Let the variants have names more similar to their new forms if posibble, especially when it comes to this kind of example.

Vulpix and Ninetales can stay the same or be Arctic forms, but if something then
Frostpix and Ninewinters would also be welcomed.

Do you think that this Ninetales could get Snow Warning or Flash fire (due to it being a fire type, a past relation, this would be interesting, a ice type immune to fire for a try).
Or a other cool strong and good ability? Snow cloak seriously???

If it doesnt protect from ice attacks and only from hail then I will be sad and really, really, really mad.

The new Snowshrew would be good if it would get Filter, Heatproof , Solidrock or something also good in that matter. The best would be if there would be a new good ability against fighting type moves...

Alolan Exeggutor with Multiscale would be better. If they get their second and third ability like there regular forms. (Exeddragor)

Will regular Ninetales get fire/fairy retyping?

Last edited:
I hope they make some good competitive Alola form Pokemon... The three we've seen so far are trash. Each possesses at least one 4x weakness, with Sandslash having two, none of their abilities are any good either.

The official site implies their stats will be different from the normal forms. I could see Sandslash being useful if it gets a defensive buff (Ice Shard spam, baby!).

The official site implies their stats will be different from the normal forms. I could see Sandslash being useful if it gets a defensive buff (Ice Shard spam, baby!).
The description also implies that while they're normally slow, on ice and in snow they move swiftly, implying some sort of ice version of Sand Rush.

Though that may be just for the Pokedex.

I wouldn't mind an Alolan Lanturn that goes for a more weird vibe like Chinchou has. Lanturn always looks so cutesy when compared to Chinchou and the fish Lanturn is based on is not remotely cute at all (Google angler fish/football fish and see). Maybe Dark/Electric would work, since the three forms so far have pretty special typings.

Back
Top Bottom