• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

American Politics Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
How are we supposed to break them out of this alternate reality?

View: https://twitter.com/cameron_easley/status/1369624800059129862

Immediate reaction: unfortunate.
Following reactions:
- "bike-shed" problems, except with "difficult/important vs. simpler/less-important" swapped for "important/unexciting vs. unimportant/hot-topic"

- What's the comparison of the info vs. for voters for Democrats or independent?

I'm very lazy. Don't want to dig through these PDF tables. 300 pages without graphs (that I saw).

For anecdotal example, I wasn't really aware of the last two.
Residents in Jackson, Miss. going without water for weeks now after the winter storm strikes me as very important.

Last edited:
President Biden addressed the nation today and he said by May 1st, every adult in Ameerica will be eligible for the COVID-19 vaccine. We're still on track for having enough vaccines for every American by May and President Biden says he believes that by July 4th, we could potentially be in a position for families to be able to hold small gatherings for the holiday. Also I just wanna point out, its so nice and refreshing to listen to the President of the United States speaking to the country without the arrogance, hatred, anger, or pettiness. It never felt like President Biden was making everything about himself.

Pardon the double post.

View: https://twitter.com/american_bridge/status/1370434031532314625?s=21

Worth remembering Ron Johnson once made an unannounced visit to Moscow on July 4th and said the US was treating Russia too harshly for election interference.
It boggles my mind how Wisconsin manages to keep re-electing both the (arguably) worst and best Senators.

President Biden addressed the nation today and he said by May 1st, every adult in Ameerica will be eligible for the COVID-19 vaccine. We're still on track for having enough vaccines for every American by May and President Biden says he believes that by July 4th, we could potentially be in a position for families to be able to hold small gatherings for the holiday. Also I just wanna point out, its so nice and refreshing to listen to the President of the United States speaking to the country without the arrogance, hatred, anger, or pettiness. It never felt like President Biden was making everything about himself.

Absolutely. After the utter shitshow we had under you-know-who's rule, it's so great to have someone who actually cares and is mature and sensible running the country again. Boy, did we need it!

Hey, guys, if you donate $60 to Ted Cruz, he’ll sign a copy of “Green Eggs and Ham” and send it to you.
Can Republicans just shut the fuck up already about Dr. Seuss' books that were pulled from publication? Its become an obsession. I mean, the books they keep focusing on weren't even pulled from publication.

Hey, guys, if you donate $60 to Ted Cruz, he’ll sign a copy of “Green Eggs and Ham” and send it to you.
Texas in a snowstorm: "So what if he went on vacation! C'mon, what did you expect him to do? Go out and melt the snow himself?"
The Dr. Seuss estate stops publishing six books: "This is a great time to raise 125k by cashing in on it"

Looks like conservatives are now trying to cancel the American Revolution.
8A7B6C43-A92C-4870-A972-7CACCE48F565.jpeg

Georgia Governor signed the voter suppression law. Though it was watered down in part, it's still gonna make voting much harder than before.

Georgia Governor signed the voter suppression law. Though it was watered down in part, it's still gonna make voting much harder than before.

And in today's episode of Politics Meets Sports: MLBPA chief open to talk ASG move from Georgia

This would not be unprecedented. The NBA moved the 2017 All-Star Game out of Charlotte over North Carolina's anti-LGBT laws, and the NFL implicitly threatened to move Super Bowl 49 out of Glendale, AZ if a similar bill wasn't vetoed.

The GOP did this only because Jon Ossof and Rev. Raphael Warnock won. Plus, the state did go to Biden in the election. The GOP knows that when people get out to vote, they lose. The only way they can win is by cheating and this is exactly what they're doing. They are trying to suppres the vote. Its disgusting.

This is just right out in broad daylight crookery and cheating. Is there absolutely nothing that can be done? It just lessens my faith in this country to ever work properly when this can't even be shot down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom