• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Amiibo

Status
Not open for further replies.
As for the ones I currently have...

Series 1: Link, Kirby, Pikachu and Samus.

Series 2: Pit, Zelda and Little Mac.

Series 3: None yet, just waiting for them to release Shulk, Ike (the two I want the most), Sonic, Lucario and maybe Meta Knight 'round here.

Has anyone seen the misprinted Amiibo? They've been sold for $400 or more! It makes me want to look for one, every time I go to the store! xD

The latest funny (and expensive) misprint: Peach with 3 arms

Last edited:
Yeah, I've seen those. XD I look for them every time I go to the store. I haven't had any luck yet, but maybe I'll encounter one someday.

Has anyone seen the misprinted Amiibo? They've been sold for $400 or more! It makes me want to look for one, every time I go to the store! xD

The latest funny (and expensive) misprint: Peach with 3 arms

Oh god that's terrible haha. I've seen the Samus with two canons but I didn't know there were more misprints. Would be nice to find one and earn that much money with it, damn.

Finding a defective Amiibo is literally like finding a shiny Pokemon in the games. Some people are crazy enough to pay hundreds for them xD

Out of all the amiibo that have been announced so far, the two I really want are Ike and Lucario, with Little Mac and Captain Falcon being close seconds. I'm also interested in Shulk, Mega Man, Sonic, Rosalina & Luma, and Luigi. I plan on getting two amiibo for each character I want--one to save as a collector's item and the other to actually use for games.

I currently own two Little Mac and two Captain Falcon amiibo. I was only able to pre-order one Lucario amiibo, so I plan on keeping that one as a collector's item and importing a Lucario amiibo from another country to use for games. I have two Shulk amiibo pre-ordered, and I ended up pre-ordering four Ike amiibo due to the Toys 'R' Us cancellation craziness from last month. If I do end up getting my Ike amiibo from TRU I'll either "soft-cancel" my Gamestop pre-order, or maybe do some kind of giveaway since I'm sure they'll be rare as gold.

I really want a Luigi amiibo, but I hate the planking pose Nintendo used for this series. Hopefully Nintendo announces another amiibo series soon that includes Luigi in a pose I like more. I may end up just getting one each of Mega Man and Sonic; I really only want those two for collection purposes, and I doubt their amiibo will be used for much else outside of Smash. (But I also didn't pre-order them so based on their post-release price I may not get them at all.) And I don't really want a Rosalina & Luma amiibo... I just want Luma. XD Here's to hoping that Nintendo makes a Luma-only amiibo in the future.

It's funny because I was very quick to write these things off when they were first announced, and while I thought they were a novel idea I wasn't planning to get swept up in the amiibo hype. Clearly I was wrong. :/ But I definitely think Nintendo should better implement them in future games, 'cause game-wise I find their value to be pretty weak.

Meanwhile, while we're happily hyping, this guy is being an ass.

He's literally buying certain Amiibos so others can't! How infuriating and despicable. I'm one of those Rosalina and Robin fans he hates so much too, so it only makes me even more angry.

He's literally buying certain Amiibos so others can't! How infuriating and despicable. I'm one of those Rosalina and Robin fans he hates so much too, so it only makes me even more angry.

Indeed, I find that A. a very extreme measure to take and B. incredibly stupid. Oh and annoying, irritating, infuriating and dispicable too.

Ugh let's hope that guy's just being a troll and isn't actually going to do this, it's disgusting.

I also hear there's some people buying loads of amiibo to sell them again for a higher price, also disgusting.

These things are already hard to get, I'm happy I bought Pit so early cause two days later you already had to pay twice the original price to get him...

I believe he's already done it... He's probably rich as fuck and caused Target to run out of pre-orders.

Yeah, he actually already preordered those Rosalina figures. Makes me so mad because I want one and I didn't have any chance to preorder because I think I was ASLEEP during the very short time she was available.

I'm going to call my Target early in the morning on February 1st to make sure I get a hold of one.

Yeah, he actually already preordered those Rosalina figures. Makes me so mad because I want one and I didn't have any chance to preorder because I think I was ASLEEP during the very short time she was available.

Damn that sucks for those in the US :( I hope you can still get her some way.

It's stupid that you can only pre-order her at Target though, they sell her in at least four different stores in my country (and luckily rich assholes don't seem to be a problem here).

Well, I can understand why there are store exclusives. There are a lot of characters getting Amiibos, and no store can possibly have space for every single one of them.

Wow, i've seen some serious assholes in my life, but that guy that it's buying all Rosalina amiibos has to be one of the biggest assholes i ever seen in my life.

I've got Mario, Luigi, Peach, Yoshi, Link, Zelda, Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Pikachu, Kirby, Samus, and Fox.

These things are a pain to find. And the preorders are from certain stores are really annoying. I might look into importing certain characters. But eh. Maybe.

I got Peach, Fox, Zelda, and Link for Christmas, we were also gong to get Pit but Toys R Us had some order mix up or something. I'm most looking forward to Shulk and have a Pre order down for him. I'm also kinda Ticked about the guy buying all the Rosalina amiibos since my little sister wanted that one as well, may have to look at other markets for that one.

Here's a question any characters not from Smash Bros that you would like to see Amiibos of?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom