• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

AmourShipping (Ash x Serena) Thread

I return for another one of my semi-regular Amour-updates.

XY079 was for the most part what I figured it would be regarding the ship. Miette returned, commented on Serena's new outfit, and teased Serena more about Ash. Plenty of hints from Serena.

On a less-expected note, at the episode's end, Ash complemented Serena on her performance dress in manner on par with the compliment he gave her back in XY060. Ash hints, even if they are marginal at best, are always cool.

The most peculiar event to occur, at least Amour-wise, were some comments made by Bonnie when Miette first confronted Serena at the episode's start. After Miette had her initial discussion with Serena regarding Ash, which took place right in front of him, Serena rejoins the rest of the group and nervously talks to Ash about the upcoming performance and Miette's role in it. Ash shows no notice of Serena's jumpy attitude and in his typical fashion says that her and Miette both seem pumped for the performances. After this, Bonnie remarks to herself something like, "Ash is so dense."

That statement then pretty much signifies that Bonnie is to some greater or lesser extent aware of Serena's feelings for Ash. That fact that she made her comment so casually almost leads me to think she has been aware for a while, but that's needless speculation. It leaves me curious though as to whether she will play any roll in trying to get the two together or if her knowing was just meant to be a cookie that won't be mentioned again after today. Anyhow, a cool development. I look forward to seeing what they do with it.

That then leads me to me question: What are your thoughts on Bonnie being aware of AmourShipping. Do you think she will become an AmourShipper herself? Would you have preferred her not to know? Do you think it will make a difference anyway?

I think it's hilarious that even a 6-8 year old kid figured it out before Ash himself did.

I just had the funniest thought: Now that Bonnie seems to know about Amour, can you guys see her trying to find sneaky ways to get Ash and Serena alone together and then spying on them? XD Cause I sure can.

Last edited:
I think Bonnie would be a shipper, she's already shipping multiple women with her brother! I could see her at least sensing it without being completely aware at first. I don't think there will be a difference if she knew. I could see Bonnie maybe trying to make Ash less oblivious but failing in the end.

I think she'll keep the secret but still try to get them together. XD

"I'm gonna go help my brother with his invention. That'll leave you and Ash here. Alone." XD

I think she'll keep the secret but still try to get them together. XD

"I'm gonna go help my brother with his invention. That'll leave you and Ash here. Alone." XD

That would be hilarious and is it bad that I can actually see that happening in the anime? I mean its so cute realistic for Bonnie because it'd be totally in character.

Start from the beginning of the "30 days" series, because it's kind of like one chaptered fic.

Now that I've seen a good translation of the "Bonnie knows" scene and of what Miette whispered to Serena...yeah, Bonnie definitely knows.

I missed a couple of episodes recently, but Bonnie knowing about Serena's crush on Ash seems a significant development on the writing. The writers seem to have every intention on continuing this ship, and Bonnie being a young girl interested in love, she was most likely the first person to pick up hints. It won't be long before Clemont makes a guess as well.

She wasn't surprised by it either, she just said, "He's so dense," so it could be that she knew it all along.

It's certainly interesting that they would have Bonnie eventually realise, as it is something that someone as precocious as Bonnie would act upon realising, however, considering it isn't her brother's love life that is in question, she mightn't do as much as she would have as if it were her own brother.

I think it's a long time coming, though. I think it was hinted at in the Korrina arc even, when it seems to show Bonnie noticing Serena trying to move closer to Ash when the photographer decides to take a photograph of the group.

Haha, it wasn't that obvious to be honest; I probably wouldn't have noticed if Bonnie hadn't.

But here:

Still, Bonnie's reaction didn't lead to anything here, she never questioned it beyond that small response in the gif- so I didn't think too much of it at the time, but now that she knows... well, something just may come out of that, hopefully.

Ah, cute. I forgot all about that. On an unrelated note, I like how Clemont is still terrified of having his picture taken. :p

I'll be honest, I was a very, very very stubborn PokeShipper (Ash x Misty) up until this ship came along and warmed my icy cold heart. All the interactions I've seen between these two is nothing short of cute, especially from Selena's side of things. Even little things, like sliding closer towards Ash in that picture really emphasize how cute and loveable this ship really is, and I do wonder if the writers will take this and run with it, or retract it last minute so Ash doesn't get quiiiite that proper character development he should've had in Advance Generation onward.

I think they will "take this and run with it" in some way simply because this ship includes the most blatant hints of any Ash-related ship ever. I don't think those hints would exist if there wasn't going to be some kind of payoff to them.

After seeing a certain GIF on tumblr, something just occurred to me. Remember the scene when Miette first noticed Serena's haircut and quietly asked if Ash had rejected her? Ash clearly didn't hear her. However, Pikachu’s hearing is much better than a human’s. Over the years, we’ve seen it hear things before the humans do many, many times. So I’m betting Pikachu heard what Miette said. XD I'm pretty sure Pikachu ships it. XD

I'm almost certain Ash is going to friendzone her unintentionally because he's so dense and oblivious about love. I can imagine a scene like this when Serena finally confesses:

Serena: Ash - I like you!!
Ash: I like you, too!!
Serena: R-really?
Ash: Yeah! I like you and Clemont and Bonnie and all the pokemon! You are all my good friends!

I hope not. XD But if that does happen Serena or someone else (even Bonnie, wouldn't that be funny?) might have to elaborate.

I can see Bonnie actually trying to explain more then friends to Ash. Then Clemont trying to shut her up but blushing and thinking that Ash is so dense.

You know, when I saw the Noibat ep, I thought;
"One thing that would be a nice Amourshipping furthering, develope Noibat as the "symbolic baby" of Ash and Serena."
Though doesn't seem that's a way they thought of by this point. Ash seems to be the "mother" and Luchabull the "father" as of now. Think there's any chance they will pick that up later?

Back
Top Bottom