• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

An Insider Perspective.

Nick

<b>The Walrus</b>
Reaction score
I don't know if this is the right place to post this though I figured it would be moved if I posted it in the Outside the Box forum.

Now right now there are 493 Pokémon that exist currently, though has anyone thought about perhaps there being a point in time be it now or down the road where the fans of Pocket Monsters get a complete inside look at the Pokémon process?

There are probably hundreds if not thousands of ideas that get rejected, with artists having probably thousands of sketchbooks lying around. What about the countless hours put into programming the games? What about the intense meetings (you know they happen just as in any corporation)? What about thinking of new ideas and how to incorporate them into the series?

I look at all the Pokémon forums and fan-sites and everything and news is covered and we all throw our own opinions on it, though what about a real insider perspective that shows everything in explicit detail?

Would there be any interest?

There would be a hell of a lot of interest I'm sure of it. Tons of people would flock to know how Pokemon was made, and what process was put into it to make it.

I'm sure it's something that everyone's thought of at one time or another. "How did (such and such Pokemon) ever get thought of?" It's something that I'd definitely like to hear about.

If they ever did come out with some article that showed how they created the games, that'd be amazing. Or better yet, if they had Satoshi Tajiri and Ken Sugimori come together and discuss how they teamed up to mentally create the Pokemon, and then put them onto paper. If something like that ever happened, tons of people would want to see it and read up on it.

Very thought provoking statement there Ramza. :p

The newest Nintendo Power in fact talks about it.

I don't quite mean just Diamond and Pearl. I guess what I am looking for is a full insider perspective, even if there was a site that did so that managed to really go in-depth, if that explains it better. I am kind of looking for something that covers basically from the time everyone enters the office until the time they leave.

Well, this provided quite a bit on how they choose the Pokemon to use, and even revealed Shellos was planned to be in RS.

Ah well that's interesting, I might have to pick up the new NP issue to read about that. Although I would like even more than that is I guess what I'm trying to say.

Yeah I definitely see there is a lot of interest in this idea. I would just like to see big discussions between Ken Sugimori, Satoshi Tajiri, Junichi Masuda, etc. and all sorts of stuff. If possible talk with Shigeru Miyamoto, talk about the graphic design and getting it on the DS. All sorts of stuff.

I'd personally like to see what the first drawings by Satoshi himself had for the 1st gen, and see if they're anything close to Sugimori. I just wanna be able to put to rest whether I'm better off or got screwed over.

I'm pretty sure they were probably the same for the most part, but then again if those G/S prototypes could look different...

Any particularly interesting info from the new Nintendo Power issue? I'm having trouble finding NP lately. : /

Any particularly interesting info from the new Nintendo Power issue? I'm having trouble finding NP lately. : /

Are there any small business book/magazine stores in your area? Perhaps they carry NP.

To Nidorino: Yeah seeing those drawings would be awesome and if this DVD could get made it would cover all that sort of stuff.

Well, this provided quite a bit on how they choose the Pokemon to use, and even revealed Shellos was planned to be in RS.

Any chance someone could scan this Nintendo Power article? It sound very interesting, and they don't sell Nintendo Power here [Australia]

Please note: The thread is from 17 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom